Pendulum Dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: Pendulum questions (newbie)

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hillary wrote:Thank you Arthur, for addressing some causes and remedies when dowsing goes 'haywire.' Just
discussing this subject makes me feel more conscious and in command of the situation.

When you ask for a more evolved source to help you--are you assured that a more evolved source
has jumped in?
Thank you Hilary,
I can only speak from personal experience, but when I talk about another source jumping in, I mean this new source can cause problems as it is not your normal source which you may have had for years and found reliable. As such this gate crasher has now got a foot in the door so to speak and can disrupt your line of enquiry or quality of answers which your usual every day source is trying to give you answers for.

Regarding the more evolved source - What I am trying to say here is - if your every day source does not have the info you require (this is when the pendulum often becomes motionless) try than asking for your own higher evolved source or another who has advanced knowledge in this field of enquiry to help you. Very often this higher source will be further up the ladder so to speak and should supply you with answers to most questions.
It has taken me years to fathom all this lot out and can imagine how frustrating it can be for a person like yourself to come to grips with.
I hope that helps,
Arthur
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

[quote][/quote]I'm sure Helen can speak for herself, but what I understood her to mean (and completely agree with), is that there is a difference between ego-love and cosmic-love (which maybe some call "God"). But if you take a "spiritual" approach then surely if God Is, then God includes everything - including emotions?
I suspect the reference to God not caring is about God being totally non-judgemental...which maybe is the ultimate in caring?

Or- in my search for understanding and compromise, have I got this all utterly "wrong"?!

I feel that love permeates both ego and cosmic but sometimes a person will add their own contribution which could turn out to be Ego flavoured, the same I feel about emotions.

Helen has yet to come back to us on her point about God not caring but suspect you could be right unless she has had experience of wishing for help in some matter which did not materialise.
Arthur
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Umm....I don't really want to get into theological discussion here, as it may make some members impatient, and is it really relevant to the thread?

But...surely 'god' has, by his/her/its very nature, transcended emotions? Is that not what the eternal search for samadhi or enlightenment all about - non-attachment? And surely that is the big difference between man & god? Different sections of the church will say that god is a jealous god, a loving god, a vengeful god etc - in fact you'll find all of these statements in the bible.
But I happen to believe that 'he' is none of these. Yes, non-judgmental perhaps (although you will also read in the bible that we will all be judged by god when the day comes!! :roll: ) So not-judging means to me neither for bad nor good....in other words - 'he' doesn't 'care'! He justs gives us the tools & lets us get on with it. Hell is not encountered after death - we can make it here & now, depending on those choices we assume in life. And if we make negative ones, we'll come back & keep banging our heads on the wall until the light enters the cracks! :lol:

Enough already. I'm doing all I damned well can to not come back!!

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

This subject seems to have got a bit off the mark, but 'them upstairs' do play a part.

Any kind of dowsing needs questions to get an answer or responce. Whether you ask for permission or not, many things can determine whether your dowsing responsce will be correct or not, far to many to go into here, but --

The TOPIC OR SUBJECT of your dowsing is and must be, the most important consideration. There is a time and place for everything and if 'them upstairs' or whereever you consider your answers to come from, decide that the topic/subject you are dowsing about is not the appropriate information for you, you will not get correct responses. You may think you are getting correct responses but time will tell. You may not be asking questions for the right reasons and there are some things we are not meant to know.

The pre-dowsing 'Can I? May I? Should I?' checks usually tell you whether you should or should not dowse on a particular subject, but I have found this is not always reliable. Your own judgement is also required and you should question your reasons for dowsing on some topics/subjects.

Oh Dear that sounds awefully heavy, doesn't it? But it is very true and very necessary to understand.

Peace Profound
Dragon
Peace Profound
Dragon

Mind like parachute - work better when open! - Confucious
Dragon

Re: Getting the Pendulum to move.

Post by Dragon »

Dear Stevj016

Don't give up!!

30 odd years ago when I first was given a pendulum, a large brass plumber's bob on a length of cord, I tried for hours to make the **** thing move. And eventually I did. But then I learned that if I had I had it swinging gently too and fro the other responses came much quicker.

All this by trial and error as I had not read a dowsing book, and had only been given a very scetchy demonstration by the person who gave it to me, therefore I was free to dowhatever I felt was right and make my own mistakes. Eventually I came across many dowsing books and had great fun experimenting with other people ideas! And the same still holds true. Read as much as you can and experiment with everyones ideas and find out what is right for you.

Do not set your mind to any one practice. Any mind set will inhibit your dowsing progress. An old gentleman I knew said he could only dowse properly if he had a certain piece of stone in his hand. One day he left this stone at home and found he could dowse perfectly well without it. Many things can be used as dowsing aids, for instance the Mager disc and 'witnesses' (a piece of what your looking for). But do not limit yourself at the outset by saying 'I cannot do it unless ---------------', but you do need a very focussed mind and any dowsing tool, to dowse.

Happy Dowsing
Peace Profound
Dragon
Peace Profound
Dragon

Mind like parachute - work better when open! - Confucious
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Got a few questions »

I'm reading and learning..... therefore the long silence.......
patrick herring

my pendulum's doing funny things

Post by patrick herring »

Hi all,

Since last Friday I've found the "Show Yes" question giving my usual pendulum answer (swinging away/towards) but after a few seconds it changes to the No answer (swinging left-to-right), followed by going back to Yes, and so on with a period of about 10 seconds. Starting with "Show No" produces the same thing but starting with No. Never had this before in about a year of experience. Has anyone else had this? What does it mean? Does it go away? The only clue I have is that it's the equinox and feels like a tide-turning time to me.

Patrick
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: my pendulum's doing funny things

Post by simonwheeler »

The only clue I have is that it's the equinox and feels like a tide-turning time to me.
Perhaps...ironically...you have, indeed, answered your own question.
If you have such a feeling it is best to heed it; in which case, after Michaelmas (29 Sept)(or wait till Oct 11 for Old Michaelmas Day) maybe try with the pendulum again and it may well have settled. It is not unusual for a "yes" swing to become a "no" and vice versa....which is one reason for always tuning in to the pendulum (or attuning it to you...whichever way round you prefer to see it) before using it.
This sort of confusion & uncertainty can be undermining...or it can be learned from. You are not alone with this experience.
Remember, even if it doesn't always feel like it- you are in charge/control.
The next trick is, once it's settled, see if it will tell you what was going on and whether or not it will happen again. But, as usual, choose your questions with utmost precision!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

I have never had this happening to me, but then again, I "told" my pendulum what movements to use as opposed to asking it to show me its movements.
Practice random acts of kindness
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lorraine »

My pendulum usually follows an established pattern of responses which work well for me but sometimes it decides to go in an anti-clockwise circle, the meaning of which eludes me... I am hopeless at asking questions so I have yet to figure out why it does that!

:roll:

Lorr
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

You could try to ask for a different source preferably a higher or more evolved source or try at a different time in the day - normally better in the morning when you are more alert.
You could if the response is strange to ask if the source had changed to another source, as I have found that if you are not sufficiently protected another source can jump in to give you answers which are not feasible.
Arthur
patrick herring

arthur hamlin wrote:You could try to ask for a different source preferably a higher or more evolved source or try at a different time in the day - normally better in the morning when you are more alert.
Now that is most interesting. Asking "Show Yes according to my astral level" gives the result I first described, ditto for No, whereas "Show Yes according to my higher Self" gives the usual unvarying response though there is a bit of circular dithering, ditto for No. So maybe the equinoctal tide-turn is blurring the connection beyond the astral. Hmm, I knew it was complicated before...

The time of day hasn't previously made a difference.

Patrick
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

Hi Patrick

Tide turning time. I think you may have divined the possible cause. You could seek information on diurnal solar waves and lunar semi-diurnal waves affecting pressure and thermal conditions in soils. Borehole rest water levels certainly react to pressure, as any engineer collecting pre-pumping data for the purposes of abstraction licensing will tell you.
Dowsing indications IMHO may be affected by thermal diurnal effects on the magnetic intensity of minerals such as iron in soils. These may possibly cause unexpected dowsing reactions at different times of the day.

Regards Griff 8)
patrick herring

simonwheeler wrote:
patrick herring wrote:The only clue I have is that it's the equinox and feels like a tide-turning time to me.
Perhaps...ironically...you have, indeed, answered your own question.
If you have such a feeling it is best to heed it; in which case, after Michaelmas (29 Sept)(or wait till Oct 11 for Old Michaelmas Day) maybe try with the pendulum again and it may well have settled. It is not unusual for a "yes" swing to become a "no" and vice versa....which is one reason for always tuning in to the pendulum (or attuning it to you...whichever way round you prefer to see it) before using it.
Well, nothing changed, so maybe I'll have to wait for Oct 11th.

Also found that with L-rods the period of oscillation between what used to be Yes and No is about 2 seconds. I know they do switch over sometimes, but not that fast!
patrick herring

griff wrote:Tide turning time. I think you may have divined the possible cause.
That's most interesting but I was using "tide" as a metaphor. There hasn't been any variation in the effect across the day.