Reiki and dowsing

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Reiki and dowsing

Post by Satyr »

Because I like to try to combine things together, when I leaned reiki (I'm a level 1 practitioner now), I decided to try combine it with other things I work with, like dowsing, magick, crystals, herbs etc. When doing a reiki session on someone I always use my pendulum to check their chakra's and then after balancing the chakra's use the pendulum to check them again. However, when doing my last client, I had the bright idea of using my dowsing rods before the reiki session to test where the outer edge of my client's aura was. I made a note of where it was and then after the session, I got her to stand in exactly the same place and used my rods again to measure the outer edge of her aura and it was substantially bigger. Although I had thought that the increase of the aura would probably happen it was kinda nice to get it confirmed by dowsing. I certainly intend to think of more ways to use dowsing with my reiki.
Practice random acts of kindness
Lorraine
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Reiki and dowsing

Post by Lorraine »

Satyr, have you tried just using your hands to find the edges and levels of the aura? While I'm not dissing the use of the rods, you might wish to try using your hands, which will increase your sensitivity to the reiki energy, for one thing.
A simple way to do it is to have a friend sit in a chair and start off just at their head, allowing the energy to gently 'push' your hands outward. If you bring your hands in slowly and out again, you may find cool spots and places where there is a change in energy; showing either areas which need healing or differing auric levels.
I find I do a lot of this kind of healing now, sometimes ending up with arms outstretched, about four or six feet away from the person! :) As soon as my hands start to rise from the patient, I know I am working on the auric field. I have also used my rose quartz pendulum to work on the chakras, but much prefer to use my hands.
I'd be interested in your discoverys.

:)
Lorraine
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Re: Reiki and dowsing

Post by Satyr »

I'll definately give that a try Lorraine, thanks for telling me. I think, initially, I'll still use my rods/pendulum as well, just to check that what I am getting with my hands is accurate. I am finding that when doing reiki, I seem to get a variety of sensations, like heat or tingling, sometimes just one on a client sometimes both at different places. At this stage I'm still figuring out what they all mean, although my instincts kinda tell me (I just 'know').

I'll post here how it goes.
Practice random acts of kindness