Frozen shoulder and using my pendulum

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing
Nora

Frozen shoulder and using my pendulum

Post by Nora »

Hi There
I am hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on a problem I've got regarding a Frozen Shoulder.
Well actually it's in it's last stage of coming out of it. ( A little uncomfortable and a bit stiff, but weekly physio helps).
I find that some days I can use my pendulum and it can give me a clear reply to my question, but other days it does nothing...wont even move!
I was wondering if my shoulder could be the problem; do you think stagnant energy could be a cause of my pendulum refusing to move?
I would be very grateful for any advice, opinions or insight.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Re: Frozen shoulder and using my pendulum

Post by Bonnie »

Welcome to the forum, Nora. I have a great deal of pain and stiffness in my shoulders, arms and hands, and a good solution for me on tough days is to use a spring bobber that was specially designed to transfer energy easily from the shoulder to the hand - here is a link to the American Society of Dowsers' webstore, where I got mine (I don't know which country is home for you).

Energy must be able to move smoothly down the arm for effective pendulum dowsing, and in order for that to happen the muscles need to be in a relaxed state - practically impossible, in the presence of pain and the stiffness/energy stagnation that accompany it - so you might like to try the spring bobber. Or you could train yourself in deviceless dowsing (there have been several threads on this), which can take the shoulders out of the equation entirely.

The key is to find a way to dowse that allows you to maintain a relaxed but alert, receptive attitude. It's a chicken-or-egg situation, with pain and stiffness: Which comes first, tension from pain and stiffness, or pain and stiffness causing tension? They are two sides of the same coin, I find. So you might like to experiment with other tools and different approaches to dowsing as your shoulder heals. Best wishes!
Nora

Post by Nora »

Hi Bonnie
Thanks very much for your reply.
I will try the Bobber you suggested as it sounds like it's a lot more receptive and easier to use.
I also like the idea of deviceless dowsing, which is something that I was hoping to progress to.
Your information has been very helpful.....Many Thanks
Nora
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Nora;

A simple answer, but have you tried using your pendulum in your other hand? I've also had frozen shoulder - both, alternately - so I sympathise.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Nora,
Another option is to keep your shoulder warm and well covered to stimulate blood movement to aid the healing process.
Arthur
Nora

Post by Nora »

Thank you Grahame and Arthur for your advice.

I have tried using the other arm, but it doesn't work as I'm naturally right handed (Frozen shoulder side).
When I tried with my left arm the pendulum went all over the place and I can't co ordinate the left very well.
Funny you say about the heat/hot water bottle, Arthur, as I have just tried doing that and my arm definitely relaxes and feels easier holding the pendulum, but it's still a bit hit and miss. I'm hoping my arm will return to "normal" soon so I can test it; In the meantime I will pursue with my pendulum and also try the bobber.
Thank you all for your help.
Nora