Beagle 2 spotted by satellite?

Media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Beagle 2 spotted by satellite?

Post by mike »

Dowsing the Beagle tonight in Coprates Chasma on Mars I can find just a very small amount of battery power in the unit, with the solar panels again I believe covered with dust to block the Suns rays and not allow it to charge at all, I dont know if its worth keep asking higher forces to help clearing the panels, it might happen in a more natural way, but that means wind blowing, which is on Mars a no no. Out of three emails to interested people with Beagle I have had no answers at all, not even a polite thank you dont call us we will phone you reply, so whats the point...It could be a natural thing where high heat from the Sun causes dust devils to rise and blast the local area for short periods of time, that would clear the solar panels for a while before more dust would settle and cover them again....Give it a week and see what I can find with Beagle,dont ask for nothing and see what happens ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Dowsed Beagle this morning on Mars and its solar panels and the main battery are rock bottom, no power and dead to the world really.I have asked higher forces to blast the panels clear from dust and to allow the battery to charge, its all you can do till someone takes an interest at NASA or the old Beagle team pull their finger out.No contact from NASA or the old Beagle team here in the UK, so what else can you do,wait perhaps till a team visit and find the old girl and downoad its data, maybe in 15 years time, not like its going anywhere. :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Beagle still sitting in Coprates Chasma on Mars, its main battery is zero along with its solar panels, I think over time the dust blowing on Mars will cover it so it cannot function at all.You dont expect dust devils to blow with little or no atmosphere, but these have been seen and recorded on Mars in the Summer period of Mars, so its possible when one passes the Beagle it will allow the solar panels to absorb the direct Sun and charge its main battery once again...I think it will only be used/or data downloaded when a team visits Mars and finds it on the south side of the Chasma and sees what was recorded on its logs, just a pity Colin will never know how well it did after all, or perhaps he does already, and is smiling and happy with his project, lets hope so....Mars like many planets must have probes and craft from many different alien races crashed or lost on different planets over the vast distance around us in space, in time we will find these wrecks and wonder how long they have been there waiting to be found.The Inner planets to me seem to have many places where passing Comets have been hit by probes, so the inner planets at one time or another must have been a place of interest to all alien nations in the Universe.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The big radio telescope in Cornwall is now going to be used to link all transmissions from Mars to the UK in a direct way, so any transmissions from Beagle 2 might be spotted now along with any new probes going there, so its some good news.I havent checked out Beagle 2 for months and months,it went quiet some time ago as I remember now, but it could transmit again given its solar panels are clear of dust and charge the main battery, I still have faith it could happen even now....That could be one in the eye for science, and make my day. :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Lost Beagle 2 On Mars

Post by mike »

I read today that the NASA high res probe has now found the Beagle 2, with its solar panels only half extended,so unable to fully charge and transmit its position to base,this is wonderful news as the craft made it but did not fully extend its solar panels, which is what I thought had happened all that time go on this forum.

(Two threads merged 8/9/19 - GG)
Last edited by mike on Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Lost Beagle 2 On Mars

Post by Grahame »

mike wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:59 pm Feel a fool, Im posting on two Beagle threads,(Science and Nature )
Ah yes, it's about time I merged those two threads! Thanks for the reminder Mike. :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Interesting the Perseverance Rover is dropping sand over its solar panels to remove dirt, which increases its power levels, the same as I asked higher forces to send dust devils close to Beagle to flush its solar panels to increase energy levels, small world.