Callanish builders inspired by lightning strikes

Media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Callanish builders inspired by lightning strikes

Post by Grahame »

Here's an interesting report in The Observer, saying that researchers have found evidence of several lighting strikes around one of the stones in the Calanais complex on Lewis.
...archaeologists have uncovered dramatic new evidence that suggests our Neolithic ancestors were inspired to construct the megaliths as devotional monuments by the natural phenomenon of lightning strikes. A geophysical survey around one of the stones has astonished archaeologists by revealing a star-shaped pattern formed by one, or possibly multiple, earth-shaking lightning strikes. New technology has exposed a clear pattern covering an area of up to 20 metres in diameter, buried until now beneath peat bogs.
This is probably not surprising news to most dowsers, given that single menhirs tend to be sited over a crossing of underground water, and stone rings are sited over blind springs. There's also the research of Kaj Halberg and John Burke in Seed of Knowledge, Stone of Plenty that demonstrates that megalithic sites tend to be sited on geomagnetic anomalies. Still, good that science is finally catching up! :lol:

Click Here for the full article.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Callanish builders inspired by lightning strikes

Post by mike »

Dowsed Callanish some time ago and the historic lightning strikes dont relate to the stone circles in my opinion, on the other hand the circles match the natural Ley forces there, and often follow their line and direction. True lightning often strikes where underground water veins exist, or where they cross other veins, but my money is the influence came from natural Ley force from very ancient times. Callanish stone circles are for me very very old, those on the north west of Scotland date to just after the ice age in my opinion, much older than those in the UK.