"I saw a UFO" - says Mick Jagger

Media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

"I saw a UFO" - says Mick Jagger

Post by Ian Pegler »

According to this article, the Rock 'n' Roll legend Mick Jagger claimed to have seen a UFO in the 1960's.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Errr.....yes. He sure wasn't the only person to see UFOs during the 1960s! :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

UFO clusters and cycles

Post by Ian Pegler »

Grahame Gardner wrote:Errr.....yes. He sure wasn't the only person to see UFOs during the 1960s! :lol:
... Or indeed at any other time or place, but do you think there is a case for suggesting that these things are in some sense cyclical? i.e. Were there more sitings, say during the 1950's and 1970's than there were in the 1960's and 1980's ? I realise that these things get reported all the time, but is there any research that suggests evidence for clusters of reports, over a period of time or at particular locations?

If all these things were delusions you would expect less clusters and no evidence of cycles, am I right?

Of course if everyone in the 60's was congregating at festivals or at numinous locations like Glastonbury Tor for a toke or whatever, then you might want to discount that kind of clustering! :lol:

Closer to my own neck of the woods, there was a UFO reported at Machynlleth recently. For reports click here and here.

Are we about to have another wave of these things?

Ian
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: UFO clusters and cycles

Post by Ian Pegler »

Ian Pegler wrote: Closer to my own neck of the woods, there was a UFO reported at Machynlleth recently. For reports click here and here.

Are we about to have another wave of these things?

Ian
My local paper has reported another local UFO sighting. That's two in two weeks!

Ian
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

There goes another one

Post by Ian Pegler »

Another sighting this week. The third in three weeks!

Are we about to have an earthquake or something, here in Mid Wales?

Ian
Pete Gateley

Post by Pete Gateley »

Interesting, Ian

There is an interesting article on the Fortean Times website about Atmospheric Phenomena (UFOs?). Click Here if you haven't seen it.

Note the relevant Welsh connection.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Earth Lights

Post by Ian Pegler »

Pete Gateley wrote:Interesting, Ian

There is an interesting article on the Fortean Times website about Atmospheric Phenomena (UFOs?). Click Here if you haven't seen it.

Note the relevant Welsh connection.
The second article in the local paper had a photo of a strange ball of light which immediately reminded me of the "Earth Lights" phenomenon championed by Paul Devereux.

As mentioned in the Fortean Times article, these lights are very often associated with geophysical forces (in fact I'm pretty sure there were rumours on the internet about such phenomena associated with the Kent earthquake) which is why I made the earthquake connection.

I have a copy of Devereux's "Earth Lights" book. It makes for very interesting reading.

Some of the work Paul Devereux did on the Dragon Project was done at a Cairn-circle called Moel Ty Uchaf which is quite close to the "Bala fault". Terrific earth-lights have been reported around there in the past.

Very interesting article, thanks Pete.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: There goes another one

Post by Ian Pegler »

Ian Pegler wrote:Another sighting this week. The third in three weeks!

Are we about to have an earthquake or something, here in Mid Wales?

Ian
Six months later...!

There was an earthquake last weekend, the epicentre was Llangollen. It was 2.9 on the richter scale.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Files released on UFO sightings

Post by Ian Pegler »

Secret files on UFO sightings have been made available for the first time by the Ministry of Defence.

Ian
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: "I saw a UFO" - says Mick Jagger

Post by simonwheeler »

The Ministry of Defence has closed its UFO unit after more than 50 years of investigating reported UK sightings.
Guess we will have to rely on Mick Jagger & Reg Presley, then.....

Full BBC report here (Without mentions of two ageing rockers...)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

UFO sightings: Files explain why MoD closed down special desk
Story on the BBC website
Dr David Clarke, author of the book The UFO Files, said the "last pieces of the puzzle" had been revealed with the insight into the final days of the UFO desk.
"The last files from the UFO desk are now all in the public domain. People at home can read them and draw their own conclusions about whether 'the truth' is in these files or still out there," he said.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I watched a TV programme last night about the people (hundreds of them!) in this country who are absolutely convinced they have been abducted by aliens.
And in the US, there are probably thousands.