The Disinformation Myths Against Homeopathy

Media reports and discussion on general health issues - conventional or alternative.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

The Disinformation Myths Against Homeopathy

Post by Grahame »

Here's an interesting article on naturalnews.com, looking at the methods used by sceptics to 'debunk' homeopathy. The debunking techniques described could equally well be ascribed to dowsing (or anything else for that matter):
Natural News wrote:...Like other propagandists, the homeopathy deniers seek to create disinformation by using three straightforward techniques. First, the homeopathy deniers make a simple false accusation, a lie, and repeat it constantly and consistently in an attempt to make it a new "truth". Second, this repetition is then done within the context of some legitimizing element. In the case of the homeopathy deniers, that element is a corruption of normal science, an analysis of scientific evidence that creates reasons (excuses) to exclude high quality studies that show positive results (even those studies that have been published in leading conventional medical journals), and a mis-use of the concept of skepticism. The homeopathy deniers ignore or downplay the substantial body of evidence from basic science and clinical research, from outcome studies, from cost-effectiveness studies, and from epidemiological evidence, and only quote from those studies that verify their own point of view, rather than reviewing the entire body of evidence...
CLICK HERE for full article.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: The Disinformation Myths Against Homeopathy

Post by Helen-Healing »

From the link you gave, Grahame, I learned that homeopathy was very big in India - I hadn't known that...I thought Ayurveda was their choice of medicine.

However, I found this article about it, detailing its progress in India from 1835 to the present. Why is it that the East is so much more open minded than the West, I wonder?