Hopes rise for new cancer treatment

Media reports and discussion on general health issues - conventional or alternative.
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Hopes rise for new cancer treatment

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the Guardian...
Hopes rise for new cancer treatment after tests with electromagnetism

Early trials on patients with advanced liver cancer show low-level fields could shrink tumours
CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Helen-Healing
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Hopes rise for new cancer treatment

Post by Helen-Healing »

But will it get anywhere?

Have you ever noticed that whenever some new & hopeful 'cure' for cancer is published, the cancer charities do not get excited? They welcome it 'cautiously' & have a very hmm-let's-see attitude. This is because - in my opinion anyway - cancer charities are very big business. Thousands of people are earning a very good living from them. If a cancer cure was really found, they would all be out of a job.

Sorry, I'm a cynic. :oops:
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

May we have a cynics' corner, please, webmaster? Helen and I could be moderators. Nothing mainstream or faintly PC would get past our scrutiny. :lol:
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Its a pity no one appears to be working on the STRESS factor either self imposed or imposed from the outside which affects the various energy fields around the body. I have done a preliminary amount of work as certain members of my family died with various cancers. The demise of any of these energy fields can like a drip from a tap wear down the health state of initially the etheric form leading to physical malfunction and disease.
I am able to see this via automatic drawings and than obtain updates as time progresses to view any change.
I would like to see new updates of Louis Hay`s book `You can Heal Your Life` as I feel this is the direction we could be taking if we are to advance our understanding and eventual curing of this problem.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

It took me two minutes to gather these...but worth noting the dates on them to see "progress". I stress (sorry!!) that this is a poor selection of what I believe to be many quality articles and papers out there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/29/healt ... wanted=all

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/ ... 91532-2998

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... eed-cancer

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1116821/

http://www.cambridgemindfulness.com/res ... ess-Cancer
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Hi,

I tend to see past the nature of cancer, I grieve some who have been lost in the past but looking at it impartially Ive often seen cancer as a byproduct of our evolution, An illness comes about, we work out a way of oppressing it and "curing it", a more serious illness comes about, we work on that one, and so forth.

In my opinion, we are not fully aware of how we and the universe (infinite conciousness) works. If in fact the theory is correct and everything is interconnected at the deepest level, then illness is a transformation, call it "evolution of conciousness", interaction between elements resulting in change, or subjects of the infinite conciousness (us) becoming affected by other subjects of the infinite conciousness.

Consider this cleanliness obsessed media hyped commercial time we live in, endless advertisments of products that "kill 100% of germs", even science has told us that this is not right, our planet and us are an ecosystem, and ignoring that this system has balance and condeming it to mindless chance is ignorant of stupendous proportions, what we change in one area will affect another, if you lack a spiritual perception then one needs only look at algebra, cause and effect and a little "out of self" awareness to realise that living for the short term is the actions of a dying race, in which could be described as ignorant suicide.

Evolution is not in fact evolution unless the environment of the evolving species is taken into account, and as many propose if the environment is related directly to ourselves then its hard to see how our current activities and development can be called evolution, everything in our objectives do not cause our species to evolve, with a financial system that we are dependant on, which fuels or should I say hinders all research and development. We are infact evolving against ourselves and destroying the environment in one.

In my opinion Trying to eradicate illness, rather than understanding it and perhaps accepting it has created serious illness indirectly as the evolution of the universe is far greater and more powerful that a level within it. Serious illness is a reflection our our own doing, our lack of understanding, and our chaotic and destructive nature, serious illness is the other side to us of the imbalanced and balancing equation.

Best wishes

Tom

p.s I have a cold :-)
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Helen-Healing
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Helen-Healing »

LOL @ Lyndon! :lol:
Serious illness is a reflection our our own doing, our lack of understanding, and our chaotic and destructive nature, serious illness is the other side to us of the imbalanced and balancing equation.
Absolutely. In fact I think that all of us here know this. And not only serious illness, as your cold probably demonstrates!! :P

My brother, a nasty piece of work in many ways, developed cancer of the tongue a few years ago. All his life (as long as I've been aware anyway) he has voiced the most vicious tirades about people he dislikes, most of it quite unfounded. I was not the slightest bit surprised when I heard the diagnosis.

Women who get breast cancer very very often have been having serious problems with their children before the onset - this is not readily known or enquired into when seeing a doctor, as they apparently are not interested. (Any times I've ever had ups & downs with my sons (relatively few fortunately), my breasts ache - I have politely asked them not to give me grief!)

Those with liver cancer are most likely to be angry people who often repress this anger.

I could go on & on.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Helen: Absolutely. In fact I think that all of us here know this.
Yes. Agreed. And the word itself...dis-ease...says much.
However, I do think we have to be careful about ascribing physical illness solely to it being a response to moral/psychological/temperamental/behavioural issues. It can be seen as judgemental in the extreme (and I am not suggesting this is the case re. anyone contributing here...but I want to "flag it" as being recognised.). I suggest it is more complex (chaotic?!) than this.
I concur with the vast majority of what Lyndon wrote- connections, holistic approaches, environment, human response etc. I am not sure I totally "get" the argument about evolution- maybe we need to separate ego and tribal and species when we look at how we each contribute towards/respond to the influences of evolution? And we may also look at the nurture v. nature argument.
This also raises the issue of duality...but maybe that's another debate?!!!!!

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

However, I do think we have to be careful about ascribing physical illness solely to it being a response to moral/psychological/temperamental/behavioural issues
Simon,

yes I would agree with you, we are at a point where the imbalance has also reached a point. However the further we turn away from ourselves and the creating force behind us which I strongly suggest we are integrated in, the more serious the situation and therefore the illness.

If your body started to overpopulate itself, dangerously treating itself with miscontent releasing toxins into the blood stream, your body and you would react, I would also hypothesise that in reference to our species and its place within nature/ infinite conciousness, we are very similar to cancerous, is it possible that we are manifesting in illness how we are in relation to our environment?

I had better finish my point, for fear of mis-interpretation and I wish no offence.

As a species we are collectively affected by illness, no-one or nothing is to blame here just a combination of events which have led to this point, it is the general direction we have been heading in, turning away from ourselves and nature. In my opinion a possible next event may be that we accept ourselves and nature, in all its seemingly variant varieties. However this event must be triggered by a discovery, or change in culture, change in conciousness.... something :-)

Best wishes

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I am of the opinion that when we are born there are influences at work straight away besides the astrological one. Both good and Bad.
Like seeds from a plant our being is already determined, and believe our lives could be long healthy and happy if we kept to the essence of our nature when born with all the right ingredients of nourishment for us to prosper.
Love I believe is the overiding factor of why we are here but regretfully do not see much comment here for that ingredient and believe it must not be taken for granted like the air we breath to be replaced with other variants.
Nothing to beat good Dowsing though now we are here!
Cheers,
Arthur
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Simon,
I do think we have to be careful about ascribing physical illness solely to it being a response to moral/psychological/temperamental/behavioural issues.
Clearly there are some very decent people who are seriously ill so there must be other factors involved besides "moral/psychological/temperamental/behavioural issues".

Other possibilities exist. Doing dumb things. Environment. The hangover from previous incarnations, for instance. Those causes we know about need little emphasis, but it's the ones of which most are ignorant (as a possibility) that need emphasis until they are verified or otherwise statistically. If, for fear of causing offence, we fail to highlight "moral/psychological/temperamental/behavioural issues" as a possibility, we do the cause of human knowledge a disservice and deny others the chance to change their ways.

It all boils down to who is considered worthy of holding knowledge. Clearly we wouldn't tell the Mad Axe Man where the meat cleaver is, but withholding knowledge pertaining to a person's health for fear that "person or persons unknown" might add condemnation to their misery, seems to me a censorship too far.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

I just thought I'd put this link in here.
A woman who said her cats helped her to beat cancer is inviting other sufferers to stay in her home to experience their ‘Healing powers’. Alison Woosnam believes the loving nature and deep purrs of her Norwegian Forest cats had an enormous therapeutic effect on her.
And she is now renovating her home in Dufftown, Banffshire, which already has a therapy centre, into a guest house to help other patients.

Simon
Helen-Healing
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Helen-Healing »

Blimey... Dufftown?? :shock: I was brought up there for 16 years! I know exactly where her healing centre is - just down the road & round the corner from the school I went to!! I took a good look at her photo, but I don't recognise her. How times have changed!! :lol:

Another take on this....
Forest cats for therapy questioned!