Homeopathy is "worse than witchcraft"

Media reports and discussion on general health issues - conventional or alternative.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Homeopathy is "worse than witchcraft"

Post by Grahame »

Here we go again - bear in mind that this is from the Daily Mule...

Homeopathy is worse than witchcraft - and the NHS must stop paying for it
By KATE MAXWELL
Daily Mail, 1st May 2007

One of the UK's five homeopathic hospitals, The Royal London, is under threat of closure because of funding cuts. Professor Michael Baum, professor emeritus of surgery at University College London, explains why he won't miss it:

Many people swear by homeopathy. It is a popular dinner party topic of the Hampstead set, of which I am a member. My friends - otherwise educated, cultured people - say it can help them recover from a cold in just seven days. Yes, I reply, and left alone it would take a whole week.

The problem is that few people know what homeopathy really is. I'll tell you: it is a 200-year-old practice that hasn't changed since its inception.

rest of article: Click here.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Homeopathy

Post by Ian Pegler »

I notice that Dr. Baum gets a good pommeling from the majority of people who have added their comments to the web-page. I think it's quite funny the way he declares homeopathy to be WORSE than witchcraft!!

WORSE?? Is this actually possible for a remedy that supposedly consists entirely of water??

What a give-away. The power of the skeptic-meme.

Ian
Richard L. Farr
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Richard L. Farr »

I quite agree with the repudiation of the ridiculous "worse than witchcraft" statement made by the idiot professor. However, I must point out that homeopathy-even the so-called "Classical" variety-has undergone many changes since its inception-in fact nobody practices exactly like its founder (Samuel Hahnemann) did; in actual fact Hahnemann HIMSELF continually modified aspects of his healing approach as new insights and new experiences occured. The only concepts that have not changed are the selection of remedies in accordance with the Law of Similars, and its corollary, the principle (not law) of the minimum dose. Yet even these fundamental concepts have been interpreted in various ways by various homeotherapeutic practitioners over the past couple hundred years. Homeotherapeutics is not a static healing system with concepts, explanations, rules and methods of practice "engraved in stone"; rather it is a flowing and quite dynamic approach to health enhancement and healing.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

It is the pharmaceutical industry that wants to see the death of homeopathy - there is simply no money in it for them. (And all forms of alternative therapy which don't require expensive drugs.)

Trouble is - most GPs, and the NHS, are in the pockets of the drug companies. Known fact.
Elaine
Beginner
Beginner

homeopathy worse than witchcraft

Post by Elaine »

I've read somewhere that the Queen uses homeopathic remedies .....if anyone would know about the efficacy of the latter it would be HM.
Elaine
john23

Post by john23 »

They must be getting worried to churn out this propaganda--only Allopathic 'experts' ever get into the papers, by the way, Ernst is the worst http://www.whale.to/a/ernst_h.html

To see what is going on look at my Allopathy page http://www.whale.to/a/allopathy_h.html

the core problem of the NHS is the allopathic monopoly using quack pharma med like vaccination. Nutritional med could take over 98% of that, actually work, cost next to nothing, without killing or maiming the patients--that costs us £4 billion every year I think
Elaine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Elaine »

Hi John
Thanks for that info......couldn't agree more. I've subscribed to WDDTY and PROOF for a while now and find the recommended supplements etc to be excellent. Lynne McTaggart certainly lays it on the line!
Elaine
john23

Post by john23 »

Elaine wrote:Hi JohnThanks for that info......couldn't agree more. I've subscribed to WDDTY and PROOF for a while now and find the recommended supplements etc to be excellent. Lynne McTaggart certainly lays it on the line!
She is OK, but doesn't tell the whole truth, for example you can read her vaccine bible and no where does she say you would be mad to vaccinate, you have to get the inference, drives me mad. Having said that they they do hate her vaccine stance which says something. If she was too revealing they would stamp on her I guess and you would never see her on the TV which I have done. At the end of the day she seems too interested in making money, IMO, but her output is useful.

I did get one good quote off taggart:

"Trouble is - most GPs, and the NHS, are in the pockets of the drug companies. Known fact."

A little know fact, if everyone knew that they would go bust. What isn't known so much is the fact pharma med is a complete hoax apart from about 10 drugs, most used in trauma med. That is the BIG secret. Nutritional med, homeopathy, naturopathy and herbal med could take over pharma med 100%. No deaths, no side effects, no addiction (1.3 benzo addicts just in UK).

"worse than witchcraft"

Yes, that is Allopathic medicine, responsible for 780,000 deaths every year in the USA (120,000 from drugs) http://www.whale.to/a/dean.html, millions of addictions, and 1 in 5 kids are vaccine injured in some way, from autism to eczema and asthma. While Allopathy Inc has suppressed all those systems of med and dozens of cancer cures etc. Not forgetting the millions they kill with chemo and aids drugs (400,000 from AZT at my last count).

3.6 million US kids on Ritalin!, and that is no different to speed, just dressed up with another name and the chemical comp changed a bit to disguise that fact. And 1.6 million of those are on another drug also.

And the pharma boys like that idiot turn a blind eye to junk food like aspartame, one even promotes it for obesity! Another promotes sugar! They are the 2 substances behind obesity.

How's that for witchcraft? In fact from my research black witchcraft is purely satanic and you couldn't get a better definition of satanic than vaccination, it even adds up to 666!

Not forgetting the millions of women they butcher through hysterectomy for no reason, most of them losing sexual feelings http://www.whale.to/a/hysterectomy1.html

Many hundreds of thousands of women every year undergo an operation purely for profit, with devastating consequences for many. 76% lose their ovaries (castration), making them reliant on toxic HRT, and almost half of the women suffer from digestive problems, incontinence, loss of maternal feelings, depression, memory loss and absence of sexual drive or pleasure.

Or the millions they butcher with heart surgery for no reason, while they suppress the vitamin C cure.

The Alzheimer's hoax is a big one http://www.whale.to/a/alzheimer.html

they let you slowly lose your mind and then die in front of your family while they take all your life savings.

they have let 300,000 babies die with the associated trauma to their parents for no reason other tahn they don't want anyone using vitamin C and finding out vaccination is the main cause.

Witchcraft? Seems too polite for their antics. Satanic is getting there.

I could go on, and on.

"The power of the skeptic-meme. "

They take over words and create pejorative ones to old terms like 'anti-vaccine', where anyone who is anti-vaccine is now meant to be considered mad/nut. Most vaccine critics are anti-vaccine but wouldn't come out and say it for fear of being tared with the loon brush.

the classic is complementary medicine, they banished the term alternative as it was too revealing, like they banished the word allopathy. Then they created a Prof of Comp med (how absurd is that?) who turns out to be a pharma shill (Ernst). I mean how obvious can it get?

Same with the term conspiracy, where you are meant to be thought mad if labelled with this term, mind control basics, called slides by the CIA.

they took over skeptic so people will think they are the ones to follow, but all skeptics I ever see are just pharma/Elite shills like Randi. Take over the words first afore anyone else does who is promoting truth. Same with quack, best defence is attack, it fools most folk.

I am a real skeptic and quackhunter.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: Homeopathy is "worse than witchcraft"

Post by Ian Pegler »

The following item was written by card-carrying skeptic Simon Singh for the "impartial" BBC.

It also totally impartially plugs his new book...

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re:

Post by Helen-Healing »

john23 wrote:I could go on, and on. .
And you do! :lol:

You are mainly preaching to the converted here, John, most of us know about all this.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Homeopathy is "worse than witchcraft"

Post by simonwheeler »

Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon