Britain's Ancient Tracks

the place to post any media reports about dowsers and dowsing .
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Britain's Ancient Tracks

Post by Grahame »

The first episode of this new series with Tony Robinson featured a segment in the Royston Cave, where BSD member Derek Woodhead was on hand to show Tony the crossing of the Michael and Mary currents. They even managed to credit the BSD! It's available on catchup HERE for 50 days.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Britain's Ancient Tracks

Post by Helen-Healing »

I was just about to make a post about this, Grahame! A most interesting programme, I thought, especially as it was Tony Robinson - who won't let a dowser anywhere near his Time Team excavations. Seems he's a closet believer! :mrgreen:

I went to Royston with a friend a couple of years ago, to see the cave; however, they only let eighteen (I think it is) people down there at a time and there was such a queue that we would not have been able to see it before they closed, dammit. But I must go there again as soon as I get all this chemo & radiotherapy over & done with - probably early next year. It looked absolutely fascinating! Royston is a delightful little town, by the way. This at a café we went to...

ImageRelax
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I visited Royston with the BSD Earth Energies Group some years ago; it was great to have a private visit to the cave and have the chance to dowse the 'node' of the two currents. From what I could see in the video, my dowsing agreed with Derek's. I also recall that the Michael line made a slight loop of a detour to travel through the Royston Stone (which used to be in the middle of the crossroads).

Tony also had a spot of dowsing in his last series, where he met Maria Wheatley in Wiltshire. I don't think it was he who was hostile to dowsing on Time Team but the late Mick Aston was vehemently sceptical. Time Team had dowsers on the programme on two occasions, neither particularly successful; one of them was Hamish Miller.

Anyway, that's three television mentions of dowsing in the last couple of weeks - Poldark, Grand Designs, and now Ancient Tracks. This is a Good Thing. :)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I didn't realise they'd ever had dowsers on Time team - my error.
I'm looking forward to the next episode of Ancient Tracks!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Anyway, that's three television mentions of dowsing in the last couple of weeks - Poldark, Grand Designs, and now Ancient Tracks. This is a Good Thing. :)

BUT is the tide turning, as its about time. 8)

The tide HAS turned when who ever says this or that ancient site has this wonderful complex Earth energy system under the stones, and is a greater part of the story found in very ancient times right across the planet, sites marked for future generations to gaze at in wonder and marvel at the knowledge of stone age man.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi

Ancient tracks sound interesting. What channel, day and time is it on?

I also like Tony Robinson's programmes. I remember a series he did about six years ago or so, which was about investigating something different each week; I remember an episode about automatic writing which I remember he was quite surprised about the results.

Lynnie
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I believe Tony was always the most OPEN MINDED of the people on Time Team, so he is the right person to do the Ancient Track, power to the new show, I shall watch it for sure, always something to learn.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Lynnie wrote:Ancient tracks sound interesting. What channel, day and time is it on?
Channel 4 on Saturdays at 8pm, Lynnie.
Also it will give the subjects he covers some street cred, as it's Tony Robinson! 8)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Just watching this again - a re-run on More4. The dowser was Derek Moorhead....
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/dow ... -1-6096701 (ink broken)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thanks Helen, Im just on line and saw your post, put the video on record for tonight. 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Watched Ancient Tracks I recorded today and its okay,no mention of any Earth Forces again at any ancient sites, but the Wayland Smithy brought back memories of good times in the past, I spent a lot of time there over the years.Its a wonderful place, full of Ley energy as I remember, and the field just over the fence to the north. With Tony at Barbury Castle I well remember dowsing around there and the fields to the north where a huge Crop Circle formed one year, good times they were.I would give the show 7 out of ten, but I have only saw the one show so far, its a visual thing with no Earth Forces talked about, even while they walked around Avebury which is a shame. A few minutes talking about the stone circles or standing stones and its Earth Forces beneath would have gone a long way to explain why these sites were placed there in that precise position countless years ago, you dont expect to see a dowser at work, but a quick mention would be nice.Perhaps next time, but DONT hold your breath.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Well Derek Moorhead did say that the Michael & Mary lines crossed at the Royston Cave.
Don't forget that this is a programme shown at peak time on mainstream TV - you can't boggle the average Joe's brain too much! It just titillates the imagination....
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yes point taken Helen, but this show like so many before does not mention Earth forces, I would sometime like to hear even a small mention of the powerful natural forces of the planet, and perhaps the Universe alike. But hey anything is better than nothing right, be thankful for small mercies. :lol: Im looking forward to any others that come along, I have the show on record in case I miss something. :lol:
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote:Just watching this again - a re-run on More4. The dowser was Derek Moorhead....
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/dow ... -1-6096701
Woodhead.

:)

Ian
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

The Britain's Ancient Tracks episode featuring Derek Woodhead is back on catch-up:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/brit ... y-robinson

Ian