Gerry Cremin, Irish water diviner

the place to post any media reports about dowsers and dowsing .
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Gerry Cremin, Irish water diviner

Post by Grahame »

A nice little article about water divining (with video) in The Irish Times:
The Irish Times wrote:Divine intervention: ‘If someone wants help finding water, you go and have a casual chat’
What I Do: Gerry Cremin is a water diviner
I’m originally from north Cork, but I’m living in Ashbourne, Co Meath now. Divining is looking for something using a pendulum or rods. It’s a non-scientific way of doing things and not everybody would agree with it.
Divining is more about finding water and there is less of that now. Dowsing would be the other term used, even though the society I am in is the Irish Society of Water Diviners. When I was at school, I remember a well had to be divined on a local farm and I was interested in it from then. One summer I was in Dublin, I think it was around 1974, and I saw a notice that they were doing a demonstration on divining up in Taylor’s Hall in Christchurch and that was the start of it. I just picked up the rods and I had no problem doing it. It came very naturally to me.
Click Here for full story.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.