Christchurch quake mapped from space

for any news reports relating to geopathic stress, geomancy, feng-shui or other earth energy stuff.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Christchurch quake mapped from space

Post by simonwheeler »

The upheaval wrought by the 22 February earthquake in Christchurch, NZ, is illustrated in new radar imagery.
The Magnitude 6.3 tremor killed more than 160 people and shattered a city already reeling from a previous seismic event in September.
Data from the Japanese Alos spacecraft has been used to map the way the ground deformed during the most recent quake.
Thanks to the good ol' BBC science & environment section.
"It's like a contour map but it's showing to the south-east of Christchurch that the ground motion is towards Alos. That's uplift," explained Dr John Elliott from the Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes and Tectonics (Comet) at Oxford University, UK.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Christchurch quake mapped from space

Post by mike »

SO many Earth movements in the last year, its like the planet is building for a huge earthquake along the Pacific Ring Of Fire someplace, and as the movement seems to be going westwards, the next one might be along the top of Russia or the top of Alaska/US.....Could it be possible to dowse where deep plate pressure is building,to compare the fault line for the highest pressure reading/levels, as this might point to a possible earthquake waiting to happen ? The places where plates grind against each other must cause heat/pressure that can be dowsed against a normal background level of other parts of that fault line, its ALL going to be active and alive, but the place showing the greatest levels must be a site to watch and warn of a possible slide.Animals always know of a pending earthquake, I never saw any Japanese reports of pets going missing or animal/bird behaviour that might have warned of that huge earthquake, OR was those warnings not seen or understood ?? I feel it might be worth a daily dowse along the Pacific Ring Of Fire to see where the highest reading are, so if anything happens again we can check to see if the dowsing pointed to that area as a DANGER ? Does anyone agree with me on the forum, if it goes well we could include other plates of the planet, and run a sort of fire watch here ? Im having a dowse around on Google to see if this could work, come back if I find anything of interest, its just a thought folks. Interesting the satellite plots show where the changes have taken place,but thats AFTER the event, much better if you could predict where rising ground points to where something is happening, as in the case of volcanos where the rising ground/changes point to magma rising and filling voids, this system I feel must be better suited to predicting volcanic eruptions than plate slips ?

jUST had a dowse about and the greatest readings are off the Galapagos Islands between the North Andes and the Islands, so this is in deep water and off shore, check again soon to look for any changes.....Another lesser site is close to La Paz in Bolivia and the coast there....
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

:cry: Today the only area of high pressure seems to be the site near the Galapagos Islands still, the other lower site has gone quiet, something could happen here in 25 day time (28 May), as the pressure is building higher...So I predict an earthquake close to the Islands at this time, 3AM local time, OOOPPPssss I hope Im wrong.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Checked today and the area of high pressure seems to have dropped a little to the coast of Peru at Talara, thats where the action and hot spot has moved to, the date of 28th looks to be the same time for a movement, have to watch and try and predict the exact place for the plate slip,the fact its moved could affect any time scale from the other site.This is something I have never done before, so I might get it wrong, but if you dont try how can you learn, while I would like something to happen,I dont want people hurt at the same time.......Rest of the Ring Of Fire seems quiet to this area off Peru, might take a look at the other plate faults to see how they compare, come back if I pick anything up, if its possible to predict along one fault line then the others should follow suit with pressure points/movements.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Mid Atlantic Trench north of the Azores and below Greenland has a hot spot well west of Ireland, its not as powerful as the Peru site, and has no date for moving, wonder if you have to dowse/look at this on a world wide scale, as they must interact with each other to some degree.I imagine if the hot spots are on known plates then its a better chance something will move, as the pressure can migrate along the fault line, causing a movement at the weakest point perhaps ? This is all new so I dont have any idea really, logic tells me to record the pressure points and see what happens if a date is known or predicted. The planet is alive and I can feel points of pressure that are small but there, so perhaps any of them can grow over hours/days to something that might cause huge loss of life, Mother Earth is in control and who knows what could happen.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Thought that this article on the BBC might be of interest in this thread.
In Italy, Asia and New Zealand, long-range earthquake predictions from self-taught forecasters have recently had people on edge. But is it possible to pinpoint when a quake will strike?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thanks Simon for the link,its interesting, and the hope being we will learn how to predict when these earthquakes happen..The quake in Spain today I NEVER saw it yesterday when I dowsed about, but now at this moment the area around Sierra Moreno and the area to its south looks to have pressure underground there in Spain, I have used a world map to dowse about, but perhaps I should be more precise and use maps of different countries instead to be more exact ? The prediction a quake will happen on the 11th in Rome I believe might happen in Milan from dowsing today, while Rome is quiet for me Milan is under pressure from Plate movement, but Im dowsing alone and dont use the Planets or conditions or changes to the Universe...The area around the top/north of Peru still shows pressure just off shore there, about the same as before when I looked last week...When you think about things the condition and position of the planets and Moons may well have a bearing on plate movement, since like the oceans tidal movement is affected by the Moon, SO may the plates be placed under extra pressure, since they remain semi fluid and have the need to move and re-adjust from time to time to reduce the pressure....Interesting in the link Simon the frogs all left before the earthquake there, thats something to watch for, I know at other places pets went missing in the week before a quake, with a rise in the local papers of a third more pets gone missing than normal ? Have to dowse about each day I feel, as a quake seems to happen in a matter of moments when the plates come under pressure over and above what they can stand, it must depend on local conditions and the type of local rock where the plates are, perhaps any number of local factors involved, plus the planets and Moon position ? So its a very involved thing and not easy to predict, but then I never said this would be easy did I, come back tomorrow and have another look around, and keep my fingers crossed in the mean time.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Awake early today, and I had to return to the maps for another look like its planned ? The area down from the Gulf Of California many miles off the coast of Costa Rica has grown a hot spot that seems to be of danger in the next few days,thats the feeling I get this moment, its like a warning ? Sierra Morena/Estella/Spain is another place thats under pressure and could move in the next few days like Milan its like something is brewing up and ready to slip.The North of Peru seems to be holding its own, with no immediate danger I feel, but in the long term it might move, while far off Costa Rica a hot spot has appeared overnight ? Whats stirring this activity up world wide, I dont think its enough to dowse for hot spots alone, they have to offer more danger than just increased pressure, you need to look for the places that are new and have appeared out of nowhere I feel,perhaps pipes of molten magma rising upwards, that soften/weaken the local plate line ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Looking at Lorca in Spain where the earthquake struck and killed people today on Google the area where I think the problem is now is south along the A7 at Parchis, this shows as a pressure hotspot to me and could be the area where another quake might happen soon.The area around Lorca seems quiet and what ever caused the quake has moved south towards Parchis I believe. thats what I dowse from Google Earth, heavy local rain might be the cause of movement along a plate fault, just have to sit back and wait to see what happens there ?

Local weather shows a peak of temperature at the time of the quake at 1600, no heavy rain reported there ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The quake in Spain at Lorca does not show any lasting pressure, but at Estrella due west of there just inland the hot spot seems ready to slip and cause another earthquake, I would say within three days from the dowsing of the local map, have to wait to see what happens, if it moves or the hot spot leaves ?....The site just at the north end of Peru is still for me going to move about the 28th of May,its just offshore so will give little warning I feel, waiting on that as well...The Rho site just above Milan is still active and has pressure, but dowsing it I feel it will disappear in time and cause no damage now, Rome for me shows/dowses with no pressure that would cause damage either, but the report came from a respected chap who had forcast earthquakes before and was correct at the time ? I think with earthquakes you have to dowse the various sites all the while to watch for a build up of pressure, the Spainish site showed nothing of note the day before it happened for me, so that slip came very sudden and was over in moments, LEAVING nothing that you could dowse just hours afterwards in my opinion.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Parchis close to Lorca in Spain seems to have reduced pressure today, while Sierra Morena/Estrella is complex with changing pressure/results by the moment,cannot say which way this situation I feel will go in the next few hours ? Still think its a threat and should be watched, but things to the south of here seem to have reduced in power/pressure and dont offer another earthquake to dowsing the fault lines.While the main plate fault seems to run along the Med, smaller faults must be involved,and come under pressure as was the case in Lorca a week ago....Watching where things happen and with the odd prediction at sites that show increased pressure perhaps we can forecast earthquakes before they happen, but first we need to study and watch for signs of whats going on, and learn from them I hope...The top of Peru still has an active pressure point just off shore there, while the other site above it seems today to have reduced from yesterday, so just have to watch those places to see what happens....Japan and New Zealand are clear with no hot spots that show to dowsing, as the rest of the Ring Of Fire.....Check Sunday for changes again as things move fast with earthquakes, Lorca showed that.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Sierra Morens and Estrella in Spain have gone quiet now today, so I think the danger has passed there, same as Rho above Milan in Italy has gone quiet, but the top of Peru still poses a threat in my opinion close offshore there.The Ring Of Fire is quiet all except an area north of Borneo called the Palawan Islands, where its warming up, and this area I havent picked anything up before when checking, so have to watch around there now to see what happens....I think its a waiting game this, but from what I have seen in the last week any quake is something that happens fast and without MUCH warning, so keep watching till another quake is reported somewhere in the world..Talara at the north of Peru is hot and something might happen there soon, still get 28th of May at 3AM as the time of a movement, but thats been sitting there in the same place for a while, while Lorca came and went in a very short period of time ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Both Spain, and Milan in Italy seem to have gone quiet dowsing today, while the top of Peru at Talara still maintains a hot spot there, and the date of 28 May holds a change for the area...Portland in Oregon now has a new hot spot building there east at Sunnyside and could offer danger to people I feel, but apart from those places the Ring Of Fire dowses quiet today....All I can do is dowse the world as often as I can and watch for hot spots that build to some sort of danger level,its a waiting game this...
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Some five years ago I had a vision the island of La Palma in the Canary Islands would collapse or break apart causing a huge wave/wall of water to spread right across the Atlantic Ocean to the US and Caribbeen and the Florida Coast, and while it never happened I never forgot the vision, it haunted me for a while...But since then I have watched reports of just what could happen to this island, and the fault line of volcanic active pipes that cross the island south to north, and the possible volcanic plumes that could cause the water trapped inside the mountain to boil and expand and blow the west side of the island into the sea...Its a nightmare of the mind somehow being a warning I believe, since at the time the Canary Islands to me were a place to go on holiday, and I had NO idea La Palma might one day cause huge loss of life,AND just last night while surfing the TV channels another more precise report of what was/could happen to La Palma came on the TV, perhaps yet another warning for me...So I shall include a watch on these islands now, its a warning/fate perhaps offering a hand to predict something that could cause great damage and loss of life across the world. I always look for signs from above/God that might improve our lot here on the planet, and I think this might be that sort of thing, time will tell, but it costs nothing to be aware and watch for trouble...La Palma quiet, along with Lorca and Estrella Spain and Rho in Italy...Bala in the UK shows a hot spot weak but active,Talara top of Peru still is a danger, and Oregon/Sunnyside warming but no danger yet I feel...Keep watching and reporting what I find, something might happen somewhere, on the one side it will be something to work on, and the other side of the coin is people could get hurt :cry:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Sunday a Volcano near the Vatnajokull (S/E) area of Iceland started to erupt throwing ash and black clouds high into the air, and this may cause planes across the planet to be grounded because the ash cloggs the planes engines when they fly high...I picked up a hot spot south of Greenland/Iceland on the 7th of this month dowsing about, and that hot spot is still active but does not seem to be of any danger as its under the sea, and was not getting stronger.The area where the volcano is erupting has a hot spot around the Skaftafell area of Iceland when I dowsed today, but DONT know if thats the active eruption position or another vent ? When you think about things a volcanic eruption or a plate tectonic fault that might slip could dowse the same as its all about heat/pressure/hot magma, so if you go dowsing for the one signature you might be including both ? I know this eruption is active, so perhaps I can be more precise and get a specific influence of this event, then compare to any other different types of hot spots I find, so I will be able to separate the two ? Its worth a try anyway, as they might offer a different signature to dowsing, this is all new and I have to set some rules, compare like with like to get to know the difference.....Tried to compare and while they are close the different hot spots dowse with a slight difference, the Mid Atlantic Trench hot spot and the Telara Peru site both dowse at 60, while the Iceland eruption dowses at 50, so perhaps the difference is the way the magma is rising/affecting the planet,both Talara and the Iceland eruption dowses about 2/3 miles deep, so thats a big worry for the Telara area of Peru, as thats VERY shallow.

Bala in Wales is getting stronger and might slip within a week I feel, its 6 miles down and might be a problem soon if it continues to grow...Sunnyside in Oregon like Lorca in Spain is getting weaker today, its all very fluid.