America's Stonehenge

for any news reports relating to geopathic stress, geomancy, feng-shui or other earth energy stuff.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

America's Stonehenge

Post by mike »

The web site Stonehengeusa.com shows what looks like a very old ancient site, but if you dowse it I believe the area has no Ley Lines passing through, and no ancient Sacred Sites which the native people would have found and used from the past.Its interesting to see and walk around, but it has no influence from the past and is just for fun in my opinion.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Stonehengeusa.

Post by Grahame »

Hi Mike,

I've visited the "Mystery Hill" (as it used to be known) and It is a weird jumble of structures that is hard to interpret; but parts of it did dowse for me as being 2-3,000 years old and this is supported by carbon-dating of deposits from parts of the site. There's no doubt that it has been mucked about with to bolster its reputation to such an extent that it's hard to tell what's original and what's not. I suspect that the heart of it was once a site similar to the other enigmatic stone chambers that have been found in New England (see my article on the Beehive Hut in Danville, NH), but lots of other stuff has been added over the years.

There are astronomical alignments marked by outlier stones, and avenues have been cleared through the forests to emphasise these. But I found it strange that in order to see these alignments you had to stand on an elevated timber platform at the centre of the site, which I'm sure wouldn't have been an original feature! You can see the platform at the left hand side of the first picture on the Wikipedia entry.

I did find some dowsable stuff there including a couple of energy leys, and I also felt that there was some Native American guardian spirits present, but nothing made much sense to me. It's all a bit sad really.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Stonehengeusa.

Post by mike »

Thanks Grahame, I think you hit the nail on the head, I felt somebody had tried so hard to influence people to visit but not JUST for the money. You being on the ground there would have felt the forces first hand and the atmosphere, much better than I did on Google Earth, its like folk were searching for their past, and they tried to make it more ancient and powerful than it was, but good luck to them.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: America's Stonehenge

Post by mike »

Looking again at this site it does have a deep fault line with influence running east to west at 12000 feet down when I dowsed today, I missed this before, and it offers ancient influence from the distant past which the native people may have used and drawn energy from no doubt.