Unpleasant meditation-related experiences

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Unpleasant meditation-related experiences

Post by simonwheeler »

I thought this may be of interest here

It is some research entitled: "Unpleasant meditation-related experiences in regular meditators: Prevalence, predictors, and conceptual considerations"
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Re: Unpleasant meditation-related experiences

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

For the record, my understanding is that meditation on a particular Deity can invoke an unpleasant experience. These Deities are not abstractions and are well aware when someone is trying to contact them for whatever reason.

The Goddess Kali is known for putting the frighteners on someone who, without a by-your-leave, just waltzes up and starts to meditate upon her. She considers this to be impolite and although she will do the meditator no harm her reaction is likely to evoke a bad case of soiled laundry.

By visualising someone, one is effectively knocking on their door so its best first to make tentative enquiry as to whether an approach will be welcome or, simply wait for an invitation however that may come.

The dowser is well placed here as he potentially has access to such preliminary information.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

ALWAYS protect before starting dowsing, and be respectful in anything you do, you are opening doors which sometimes should remain closed shut, be aware of things which are out of your control and might cause harm. The world and the Internet does not contain all knowledge of forces out there, a darker side does exist which should be left alone and not stirred up or awakened, be warned.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

One day I was meditating without an object - mind blank.

All of a sudden a head full of needle-sharp teeth appeared in my mind. I didn't like the look of this so I did a Shirley MacLaine and visualised a BIG RED HEART between me and this ghastly visitation.

It hovered for a second or two then high-tailed it off into the distance, shrinking in size as it went.

I owe Ms Maclaine an ambrosia lunch if I ever catch up with her.