Who are we asking?

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Saimera

Who are we asking?

Post by Saimera »

Assuming that we have progressed beyond using pendulums or instruments, to the use of blink dowsing as a way of reaching beyond the mind, we probably then get to the point of asking who it is that we contact in our dowsing for the amazing results and information we receive.
To reach this point, do we also have to ask ourselves 'who am I'.
Am I this limited body?
Or is it simply pure consciousness comunicating with the same one universal consciousness?

When we let go of the limitations and restrictions of the mind, maybe then our dowsing becomes infinitely useful.
1. As everything has an energy field - we never dowse for water or for any object, but for the energy field of that object.
2. Because each energy field is also pure consciousness, we are able to relocate these fields at will and in some cases multiply the energy field.
3. Everything is energy and as a law of physics energy never disapears.
4. All our thoughts create an energy field. The problem with this is that our negative thoughts can join with the energy of other similar thoughts to, over time, build up huge blankets of negative energy over any country. These sometimes build up over hundreds of years.
5. Then, as each of us then think of a similar negative thought we are at the same time tapping into a similar collective negative field to reinforce our own and others negativity.
6. Now the importance of this is that with the help of forms of dowsing these giant negative fields can be cleared on a global scale, and this work has been done and is being done in a way that can be proven.
7. Perhaps there has never been a time in history when this form of work has been more necessary.
I am delighted to have joined this forum, and would be thrilled to hear from anyone else with an interest or curiosity in any of the above.
You can contact me privately by clicking the button to the right or by sharing through this great community.

Edited by I.P. 16.5.12 - removed e-mail address to prevent harvesting by spambots
Shaman737

Re: Who are we asking?

Post by Shaman737 »

This is the question that really interests me. I've always been a seeker ...usually through books on philosophy spirituality and especially metaphysics. Just recently I've become interested in dowsing through the Podcasts. I've always been attuned to energy that I sense from other people and places and my work environment (an inner city Emergency room) is extremely negative. I feel the energy as soon as I enter.... Extremely draining.
Thank you for this post.
question: is there a difference between dowsing and the Quija board(which I avoid)
Saimera

Post by Saimera »

Your work sounds very important, so please take care.
Firstly you can lift your own energy level before work. Try testing it. Then ask to raise it to a specific level, and for how long?
Practice with this and let us know the result.
Secondly you can clear negative energy from your Emergency Room. Do this remotely. Use either a positive field available to you, or if in doubt just send unconditional love. This can be multiplied, very powerful.
Best wishes, Christopher.
Saimera

Post by Saimera »

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question.
I have never tried a Quija board either, but assume it is used to contact disincarnate energies.
However just because an energy is not in human form, it is not necessarily more evolved.
For the work mentioned above one should use the highest energy Source available.
(Many people in the western world have negative disincarnate energies attached to them. When these are cleared their relief is astounding.)
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Saimera
Assuming that we have progressed beyond using pendulums or instruments, to the use of blink dowsing as a way of reaching beyond the mind, we probably then get to the point of asking who it is that we contact in our dowsing for the amazing results and information we receive.
So who does provide answers to your dowsing questions?
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Saimera wrote:Assuming that we have progressed beyond using pendulums or instruments, to the use of blink dowsing as a way of reaching beyond the mind, we probably then get to the point of asking who it is that we contact in our dowsing for the amazing results and information we receive.
To reach this point, do we also have to ask ourselves 'who am I'.
Am I this limited body?
Or is it simply pure consciousness comunicating with the same one universal consciousness?

When we let go of the limitations and restrictions of the mind, maybe then our dowsing becomes infinitely useful.
1. As everything has an energy field - we never dowse for water or for any object, but for the energy field of that object.
2. Because each energy field is also pure consciousness, we are able to relocate these fields at will and in some cases multiply the energy field.
3. Everything is energy and as a law of physics energy never disapears.
4. All our thoughts create an energy field. The problem with this is that our negative thoughts can join with the energy of other similar thoughts to, over time, build up huge blankets of negative energy over any country. These sometimes build up over hundreds of years.
5. Then, as each of us then think of a similar negative thought we are at the same time tapping into a similar collective negative field to reinforce our own and others negativity.
6. Now the importance of this is that with the help of forms of dowsing these giant negative fields can be cleared on a global scale, and this work has been done and is being done in a way that can be proven.
7. Perhaps there has never been a time in history when this form of work has been more necessary.
I am delighted to have joined this forum, and would be thrilled to hear from anyone else with an interest or curiosity in any of the above.
You can contact me privately by clicking the button to the right or by sharing through this great community.

Edited by I.P. 16.5.12 - removed e-mail address to prevent harvesting by spambots
Hi,

If you can dowse by blinking eyes, surely you can dowse without having to blink eyes? I only say as very often when i pick up my rods I realise that I dont need them.

Heres the way I see it (for what its worth), every thing is linked with everything else, every particle and everything that we can percieve as a thing. There is an invisible (to the naked eye) bond between every particle ( these bonds help to shape and create the world, in which our perception will translate the information) when intent, conciousness is involved the invisible bond becomes a conduit in which pure information (energy or conciousness, whatever) can travel, and this is known as a transaction when people are involved. i.e when two people are having a conversation it is the passing of information, there are also many other transactions occuring which we may or may not be aware of. I guess its kind of a matrix of potential, and conciousness is the potential.

Therefore, using intent, one can locate a point somewhere in space and time and "almost occupy it" with their conciousness, for me the only way this can happen is if there is some basis for my thoughts to occupy. For instance, a train needs tracks in order to run, a laser needs a reference point.

in reference to positive and negative, I think caution needs to be aired. I have found while dowsing that there is no negative in terms of good / evil, and I am not dualistic in those terms, I believe nature has no morality and have found this to be the case. I have found that points that are beneficial after an amount of time can start to become detremental, and I have also found that everyone has different sensativity, so what one may consider to be healthy may in fact be detremental to another. In my opinion it is not a case of : There are areas of bad energy that can be gotten rid of, its really not that simple. Nature is very complex and one should be sure of the consequences, moving a detremental line can be just as detremental to someone else, I think first things first, can we move ourselves - perhaps we are the detrement to nature, have we considered that, remember we are a part of this earth and the universe and not the other way around.

I have seen some amazing things, and I saw nature once. Take every bit of colour add it together and you have a very white glow (very hard to explain), this is absolution, everything combined - nature is everything combined - not good or bad, but innocent pieces of a vast force, we may perceive them as good or bad but there is NO good or bad intent behind it.

Oops I went well off, apologies....

best wishes

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Agree with that, Tom! Have you read anything by Joey Korn? You may find it resonates. (pun intended)

The BSD Podcast page which can be found here (Adventures in Dowsing 39) has a recording you might like
AiD 039: Joey Korn - Our Energetic Mirrors
13 October 2012
Joey Korn talks to our 2011 Conference about his Simple Blessing Process for transmuting detrimental energies and shows how we each affect the energies of a place, individually and cumulatively (70 mins, 49MB).
Last edited by Grahame on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

simonwheeler wrote:Agree with that, Tom! Have you read anything by Joey Korn? You may find it resonates. (pun intended)

The BSD Podcast page which can be found here (Adventures in Dowsing 39) has a recording you might like
AiD 039: Joey Korn - Our Energetic Mirrors
13 October 2012
Joey Korn talks to our 2011 Conference about his Simple Blessing Process for transmuting detrimental energies and shows how we each affect the energies of a place, individually and cumulatively (70 mins, 49MB).
Simon, many thanks - I haven't but thanx for links , ill have a good look!.. I will also take this opportunity to wish everyone an enjoyable festive time.

best wishes

tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
chupacabra

Post by chupacabra »

since our pineal gland is severely damaged as well as our bodies full of toxins/and add to that the emf pollution,including foul play by some groups by bombarding you with specific emf weapons /including witchcraft psychic attacks ,hogging of spiritual energy(i wont get into that)plus distractions its hard to get into the zone of seeing energy fields but everyones a dowser/including animals.when i picked up my rods i was dowsing quickly and not asking anything but God to guide me/for atheists it works too /so basically you will pickup on energy fields and the rod is an extension and probably unpolluted so it will pick them faster.its scientific meaning people were seeing these energies under a very relaxed state usually lots of meditation.before dowsing didnt know i was picking energy fields negative ones.then since im severely weak in spiritual sight and under forced tuning into low evil frequency it helps dowsing.then i dowsed energy fields of objects like crystals,now im trying to get my dependence away from them because we are ultimately dowsing with our subconscious/and the evil ones have many cheat codes for the subconscious.its time we train like babies /they can swim instinctively .its about tuning out unwanted frequencies /nowadays we have synthetic telepathy and yes telepathy exists.so dowsing for me is a ltool an electric or magnetic conductor material tapping into an emf field, like baby training wheels on a bicycle you know what i mean untill you dont need em.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

This old thread came to my attention recently, and I think it's worth expanding on the topic a little more; particularly as I try to address this question in my latest book <shameless plug> Dowsing Magic Book 2.

What is 'the dowsing source'? My interpretation of this as an external intelligence has changed in recent years, particularly since I read the book 'Casting Sacred Space' by Ivo Dominguez Jr., where he divides sources of divinatory information into an overlapping Venn diagram of three areas. Working from this, I invite consideration of the following three areas:
  • Intelligences - Any intelligent source ranging from our own conscious mind, our subconscious, the collective unconscious, through external consciousnesses at any level right up to Divine.
  • Remanence and Artefacts - Thoughts and actions leaving an energetic imprint on an object or location, which can be physical and non-physical. Remanence is held in the information field and can be accessed remotely with dowsing.
  • Observations - We can make our own empirical observations of places and events and collate disparate pieces of information to create meaning from them. This can be a conscious or unconscious process.
I would suggest that the dowsing source could be regarded as an amalgamation of these three areas, with emphasis shifting between them depending on the situation.

Thoughts, anyone?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Grahame wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:36 pm
I would suggest that the dowsing source could be regarded as an amalgamation of these three areas, with emphasis shifting between them depending on the situation.

Thoughts, anyone?
I think this is a very interesting question, although there is absolutely no way to prove anything. But by asking such questions and thinking about our beliefs and how they shape our dowsing process, I think we can become more accurate dowsers, as well as learning how we think about intuition in general and the use of it and how it belongs in our lives. So even though I don't have any answers, I will throw out some comments.

Ask The Right Question
What I say may seem picky, but I think how we talk about things matters. I think the words we use shape how we think and also move discussions one way or another. So since this is a theoretical discussion, my first thought is to question the question "Who are we asking?"

The very word 'who' implies some assumptions that we don't always realize. By asking 'who', we imply the source is a person of some sort. We also imply that the source is outside of us and exists separate from us in some fashion. Think about it. By asking this question, I have already limited your answers with my assumptions. And the sad truth is that whoever asked the question probably doesn't mean to limit anything, but the question is an expression of the person's beliefs, conscious or not.

Therefore, I think the question needs rethinking to eliminate any assumptions. This is easy for me to say and see, as I have always felt that dowsing is an internal process (though we need to define 'internal' before we argue that belief), and I think it is not channeling, which is clearly turning to an external advanced being for information you don't have.

I think there is danger for novice dowsers when they wrongly think dowsing is talking to an advanced being, and they venture into the astral realm with no training or protection, as if their good intention will save them from trouble. There are many entities out there, and not all of them are beneficial, and connecting to get answers can have negative consequences. I could tell you stories. For this reason, I would not advise thinking in terms of 'who' or channeling. Channeling is a skill that needs training for safety.

And why assume the answers are 'out there', meaning external, when it seems to me that the external reality we perceive is supposedly created by us, and thus, in a sense is not external to us. Would it be more empowering to feel that 'out there' is a reflection of our energy in combination with everyone else's energy in some way? Rather than we are stuck here in the physical realm powerless and fearful. And that everything we do therefore starts with us, our energy and our intentions, so we should direct our attention there first and foremost?

So if we re-word our question to remove assumptions, perhaps it could be something like "Where are the dowsing answers?" Yet even that gives a sort of assumption as to place, which then directs us to think in terms of a place like the Akashic Records.

Is it even possible to ask a question like this in a way that doesn't set restrictions on how you think? Is it possible to talk about intuitive processes? I sometimes wonder, because we each have a personal perception, and putting words to intuition is so hard. But I think we need to think about the question, as we do with dowsing, rather than pushing right to getting an answer, as so many novice dowsers do. So it's good to think about this topic, but let's think about the question and make it truly unbiased.

Categorizing possible sources
Before you can discuss the three sources suggested, you must agree that this person's theory is a good approximation of what you regard as the 'truth'. Certainly, this theory has elements that seem 'right'. But I don't see the system he suggests as being complete or balanced. The two categories Intelligences and Observations split information sources into two. One is self, and one is other intelligences. This alone creates the assumption of external sources being 'real', which is another term we could discuss. But say we accept that. I think you could argue that beings have intelligence, but so do animals, plants and even geographic locations. Rocks. Etc. So do we really need a third category? Does everything have intelligence, and if so, what is that and how does it hold information?

My point is we can probably all come up with some list like he did, but it will be based on our own outlook and assumptions. And to some extent, they will all be correct and all be incomplete.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to talk about such things, but I would argue for the simplest way of talking about it, with careful definitions of terms. The more we make a complex system, the more division there will be among us, as we each see things differently. And yet, I don't have an easy or good alternative theory.

I personally only need to think of this in ways that allow me to dowse accurately, and I tend to revise how I think as new experiences come along. So anything I write today may be altered by next week or next year. But my personal idea of where the dowsing answers are is that my existence in the physical realm is basically about me projecting my energies into the appearance of an outward reality, and we are all doing that and the Universe is infinitely complex and weaves everything together based on like attracting like. What I believe affects my experience.

So if I see the dowsing answers as 'out there', in a sense, they are, because that belief will affect my dowsing, both the questions and the answers. If I see dowsing as a turning inward, tuning into my intuition to navigate the many energies that make up this life experience, but through my own energy/eyes without natural prejudice (as much as possible), then it becomes a different journey.

I think we all seek accurate answers, and our question as to where the answers are and our beliefs are a measure of our own sense of empowerment. I think that believing we can 'divine' answers by talking to advanced beings is only somewhat empowering. It means we have to look outward. Yet often, I have observed this is a first step. Some may never go farther, and that's ok. Any empowerment is good, in my opinion.

I think that believing anyone can 'know' what they need and want to know by using their own natural intuition in some fashion like dowsing, turning inward for answers, is more empowering (one may argue that this isn't necessarily a goal of dowsing). And to keep it empowering, we need to avoid giving our power away to whatever we see as the source of the answers, because in a sense, it's always all down to us and our beliefs.

It's so hard to talk about this sort of thing, because it's a personal perception, and because people get emotional about their beliefs, and I don't intend to offend anyone, because I think you can be an accurate dowser no matter how you ask or answer this question. But I see dowsing as a small part of living an intuitive life, and I think broader questions can be investigated that can lead to a more empowered life. I like to think going beyond just using dowsing now and then is even better than occasionally using it well. I think tapping into intuition every day with dowsing or other methods has many benefits. And thinking about how intuition works and why can't be fully answered, but it is a worthwhile subject to think about and discuss. This is why Nigel conceived of his book "The Nature of Intuition", which does exactly that. (Shameless promotion alert: this book is available in digital or paperback format at all online booksellers and is a truly deep dive into intuition, plus talks about dowsing, too.)

So thanks for bringing this subject up. Just making me think about how to talk about this sort of thing helps get my mind clearer and more focused. And that to me is a major reason for talking about this sort of thing. We don't have to agree on everything; it helps us to understand ourselves and our dowsing process, which hopefully contributes to growth and success in dowsing. The proof is in the pudding. If you are accurate, you are going in a good direction (for you, and that's all that matters; no dogma beyond basic technique), and just be open to seeing things in new ways for even better accuracy.
Nigel
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Nigel »

A tricky question indeed because our language is not really up to dealing with such topics easily.

One assumption made in 'Who Are We Asking?' is that the asking begins from the same standpoint and that each asker is basically the same. That is not true. Consider radios, for instance. The principal behind radios is the same no matter what sort. However, where one radio is able to pick up stations in one waveband, another one is only able to access different stations in different bands. The same principle but different 'reach' and different results or information.

Another issue is the use of the term 'divinatory information' as if there is something special or distinct about it, whereas information is information (a rose is a rose is a rose...). The reason for saying that is (to take a really long explanation and scrunch it up into too few words) as humans we cannot avoid gathering information, even though sometimes, for differing reasons, we have varying accessibility to all the information (back to the radio analogy).

We are not, and can never be, isolate from the world ("No man is island..."). As dowsers, generally speaking, we tend to have an extended perception of our beings which we recognise, in one form or another, as interacting with the non-physical (although I have met some dowsers who disprove that generalisation as well). Nevertheless, there are non-physical parts of our being which exist and have been acknowledged in native teachings or measured in laboratory conditions. We cannot be separate from anything. In some way, therefore, and given that statement, it would be rash to assume that we are disconnected from information. We might perceive that we access or interpret or allow ourselves to gain information in various ways which seem to assert that there is an intermediary between it and us, but ultimately there is simply a connection. Think of an intuitive 'hit' you have had where information or understanding was gained without any effort on your part. You might wish to apply a label to the process and interpret it as being from God or the angels or Zog from the planet Blop, but it matters not at all.

Often, I feel, we apply such terms as angels, divas and so on as ways of allowing us to personify our natural relationship with the world. Without such terms we would still have that connection. Humans tend always to anthropomorphise everything around: that cloud looks like a face, that rock looks like a body, that horse displays proper maternal instincts, and so on.... we cannot stop ourselves from relating everything back to us and our perceptions. Smells take us back in time, a flower reminds us of some event.

The answers ultimately come from ourselves, I believe, in that we may obtain information from various sources but that information is mediated within us much as one person's eyesight can reveal different information; different depth perception, colours, sharpness of detail when compared to another's eyes.

Everything, from how we ask questions to how we interpret the answers, is individual. What is accessible to one person may be denied to another for all sorts of reasons ranging from beliefs in what is possible to ability to listen.

I have tried to compress many ideas into a very restricted space, but if this is of interest I would suggest that (A Shameless Plug coming right up) you have a look at the book The Nature Of Intuition
Saimera

Post by Saimera »

I was so thrilled by finding this forum with such wonderful people.
I wrote one post to stir the pot , 'who or what are we asking', and then bravely walked away for ten years without suggesting any direct answer.

It is thrilling to see some of the replys, thoughtful comments from Grahame and the references to Joey Korn from Simon.
Because dowsing so much deals with the infinite we are all in an area 'beyond words and thoughts'.

In that respect Joey Korn (dowsers.com) using a blessing process covers everything without any need for a who or what, so beyond words.
(Joey is very prolific with remote house clearing where he has come to realise that all forms of non beneficial energies whether Hartmann or Curry grids, geopathetic stress etc. in a house are caused directly by us his client even when they are not present in that house.)
So instead of dealing with the effect, moving these energies, he deals directly with the cause and rebalances the clients personal energy. Wow!

Maggie and Nigel with their wonderful work on intuition effectively cover so much.
My own answer - is along these lines, there is nothing outside ourselves to ask.
We each have everything, the unlimited, within us.

Thankyou everyone.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Dowsing source

Post by Lynnie »

(topic merged - GG)

I suspect the answer to this is no but is there a way of being sure that your dowsing is an amplification of your sub conscious mind? I have experienced a lot of psychic interference and I am not confident of my dowsing answers and in fact would go so far as to say I have been given information which has potentially been harmful. I am going to stop using a pendulum for the time being, possibly permanently.
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Dowsing source

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Lynnie,

I'm not sure about the answer to your question, I would only suggest that you would want your answer to come from the highest possible level ie, source.
Before I start I use Susan Collins dowsing protocol, and as she told me, 'it covers pretty much everything with its 'kitchen sink' approach.'

Link here https://www.dowser.ca/home.html email Susan for a copy.

Although I've been using it for a while now I'm still not able to recite it off by heart! But it does work and hopefully will boost your confidence as well.

It would be a shame to give up your dowsing, maybe somebody more used to dealing with psychic interference could help you here. Have you asked if it's a spirit that needs help to get where it needs to be? Just a thought.

Hope this helps,
Alan.
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen