The creation of energy

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

The creation of energy

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Scientists maintain that energy can neither be created not destroyed. Does that theory include mental energy when used for healing and other purposes, e.g. thought forms ?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: The creation of energy

Post by simonwheeler »

I would answer, "Yes," Geoff....always assuming you accept the theory!
Whether Christian or not, "In the beginning was the Word..." etc (from John 1.1), can lead to some interesting ideas/meanings.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Thanks for that, Simon. I was hoping or some dowsed answers rather than beliefs (as this is a Dowsing forum and very few members appear to be dowsing these days). I have dowsed that physical energy cannot be created or destroyed but mental energy can be both created and destroyed. Does your dowsing confirm that ?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

My dowsing suggests that there is no difference between physical and mental energy.

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Ok, Simon. It would appear that we have different sources. What nigh be called a common problem.
Geoff

ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Scientists maintain that energy can neither be created not destroyed. Does that theory include mental energy when used for healing and other purposes, e.g. thought forms ?
Yes, i get that energy is infinite, but my definition of this may differ to yours. Heres what I find:

When you create a thought form/ energy you are merely a catalyst. You are allowing a conduit between two points, but the energy is there already, you are just channelling it.

A great question Geoff, a skeptik ( a very good friend) once said to me that life is like a light bulb , when it dies it dies, to which I replied - ah but the energy that powered the bulb still exists, perhaps in a different form but it still exists.

I find it hard to explain what I believe and will probably find it harder as my journey continues, but I see that as perceptual beings we have the unique opportunity to perceive nature from different angles.

For instance imagine everything as one as a whole, a spherical object (spherical represents infinity in geometric form) with nothing outside of it, imagine how different the universe would look. We are so involved in this physical reality we are unable to see a process like energy clearly without seeing a start or and end point.

regards

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Tom: unable to see a process like energy clearly
are there not other ways of perceiving energy?!
And interesting use of the word "process" in what you write...

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

(Tom) “When you create a thought form/ energy you are merely a catalyst. You are allowing a conduit between two points, but the energy is there already, you are just channelling it.”

I must admit, Tom, that I forgot about that aspect which may be what Simon was referring to, so my apologies to Simon. Yes, we do channel energies that are available to us for healing purposes but I also find that we can create and use mental energies ourselves, using the power of our minds, both for healing and the creation or destruction of thought forms. Those kinds of energies are not universally available as are the ones you refer to.

Thanks for your input, Tom.

I was once told, through a Medium, that the mind of man is regarded as the most powerful thing in the Universe.
Geoff

arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

The version of the light bulb in Tom`s post is not quite correct I feel.
Once that light bulb goes out here its light will go on and on into the universe even though the source is still active and the bulb not now illuminating.
I am of the opinion that scientists tend to regard energy as a visible quantifiable source as opposed to an invisible source so I concur with what Geoff is saying. My dowsing says that channeled healing energies once transmitted goes everywhere unless you request it goes only to the source you wish to receive.
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hillary »

Dowsing that physical energy can be destroyed by channelled mental energy i.e. cancer cells.

When a light bulb dies, dowsing that 90% of it's illumination dies with it and that the 10% remaining is absorbed by
universal energy.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

There is another thread on this Forum that touches on this.

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

simonwheeler wrote:
Tom: unable to see a process like energy clearly
are there not other ways of perceiving energy?!
And interesting use of the word "process" in what you write...
Simon,

I was speaking generally on the most basic of observational levels i.e energy that anybody can perceive. Of course even this can be perceived when one looks at say the water table or the cycle of life, but I feel that this is not the energy itself but merely a physical representation of the energy interacting with itself - what we are allowed or only able to see.

energy is a process, again because we are beings of limited life span ( on the primal concious level), our perception is slightly warped by this : we always want to begin somewhere and finish somewhere else, i suspect it is quite entertaining to those out there who are not restricted as such :-) The process part is an ongoing process, a continuing changing, one that i believe to be of infinite in potential, only finite as a reflection of the finite perception that is receiving it.

well thats what I get, based on my perception :-)

best wishes

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:(Tom) “When you create a thought form/ energy you are merely a catalyst. You are allowing a conduit between two points, but the energy is there already, you are just channelling it.”

I must admit, Tom, that I forgot about that aspect which may be what Simon was referring to, so my apologies to Simon. Yes, we do channel energies that are available to us for healing purposes but I also find that we can create and use mental energies ourselves, using the power of our minds, both for healing and the creation or destruction of thought forms. Those kinds of energies are not universally available as are the ones you refer to.

Thanks for your input, Tom.

I was once told, through a Medium, that the mind of man is regarded as the most powerful thing in the Universe.
Geoff,

if thats what you find my friend then thats the key, its vital that we all find out way through this > I don't think its the same or should be the same for everybody, and my research is indicating as much.

The mind is infinite in potential, therefore I believe the mind is connected to something far greater something which is extremely hard to describe in words, it is this that I believe to be what is referred to as energy, and many folk refer to as god / spiritual experiences, even these words cannot describe what i mean !! .

best wishes

Tom
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

(Tom) if thats what you find my friend then thats the key, its vital that we all find out way through this > I don't think its the same or should be the same for everybody, and my research is indicating as much.

(G) I think you are right about the fact that everyone can create his or her own energy. I believe that I mentioned (or should have mentioned) in the thread that Simon referred to (a Dowser’s DNA) that ones present metaphysical abilities depend, in the main, on what one learned, or were trained to do, in past incarnations

(T) The mind is infinite in potential, therefore I believe the mind is connected to something far greater something which is extremely hard to describe in words, it is this that I believe to be what is referred to as energy, and many folk refer to as god / spiritual experiences, even these words cannot describe what i mean !! .

(G) Uh-huh ! As I understand it, we can be connected, at will, with several kinds of Universal Energy
that can be used for both good and evil purposes using mental Intent. I have no idea at all of the source of these energies, only that they exist and I do take advantage of their existence pretty well every day of my life.
Geoff

ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

arthur hamlin wrote:The version of the light bulb in Tom`s post is not quite correct I feel.
Once that light bulb goes out here its light will go on and on into the universe even though the source is still active and the bulb not now illuminating.
I am of the opinion that scientists tend to regard energy as a visible quantifiable source as opposed to an invisible source so I concur with what Geoff is saying. My dowsing says that channeled healing energies once transmitted goes everywhere unless you request it goes only to the source you wish to receive.
Arthur,

so how does the above differ to this:
A great question Geoff, a skeptik ( a very good friend) once said to me that life is like a light bulb , when it dies it dies, to which I replied - ah but the energy that powered the bulb still exists, perhaps in a different form but it still exists.
I should probably mention the obvious in that it was a metaphor, light bulb were his words i was trying to explain (and annoy him), using his own scientific analysis that even in the example he gave the energy was not dead . We are talking about electricity however and although it might be its not necessarily the same thing.

I get the scientist part, science is looking for commonalities - unfortunately this assumes that our reality is consistent , and its components are consistent and well as any behind the scenes stuff, I think this is too heavy an assumption especially when you consider the difference from one person to another. Science would regard these two energies the same or only the first kind. What we are talking about is something greater, a source of all life perhaps - because we all have different ideas about this force these conversations will vary in point and will hopefully allow us to consider something outside of our current beliefs.

I also get what you say with chanelling energies, but im also of the opinion that somebody can have an idea and also be that catalyst, we are gates between the energy(heaven) and earth, if we choose to direct that at something or not I dont think its any different, we are still requesting energy to go from a to b . Let me know if have misunderstood, and great points Arthur...

best wishes

Tom