King John's Jewelry

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

King John's Jewelry

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

One of the first things I tried when I discovered I could dowse was to look for the missing treasure of King John's jewels. Using Google Earth (no muddy boots and bent coat hangers for me) I placed a ruler point somewhere below the Wash and rotated the other end about it until I dowsed a positive for direction. Then, repeating this from another point on the map, I obtained a crossover which may 8) or may not :oops: indicate where an enterprising farmer should pitch his JCB.

I figure if enough of us dowse this area and make public the coordinates we should end up with a scatter diagram plotted on GE which, while not being definitive, should at least be interesting, particularly if the scatter is circular round a particular spot.

My coordinates are

52°47'41.24"N
0° 6'22.31"E

for anyone who's interested.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Re: King John's Jewelry

Post by Merlin »

If you have a search on youtube you will find someone has done some work at a site in the Fens, unfortunately, after taking drill samples whatever is there is at such a deep depth that it will cost about £10K and the person concerned didn't think it was worth the risk!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

lGrahame saw the link and then dowsed the area to see what I could find, and to confuse matters I get Gold and Silver in two places far apart, so the idea one water surge caught the wagon train and left the treasure along the river bank/fields does not ring true for me. Perhaps at the same time of the water surge the tide rushed in to catch two parts of the wagon train at the same time, but in different places...But its fun looking and I will have another go at this when I can, the depth of the treasure I get at 15 feet down, in fields today and far from any roads, but along that route mentioned in the link you posted....ANY rewards going, got my car insurance soon. :lol:

JUST seen the other co ordinates, go back and take a look at those, two heads are better than one and all that. 8)

NO sorry, colder than a Polar Bears feet, my position is much more west than that, and the other site further west still.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

My view of King Johns treasure is when he become ill he ordered the wagons across the fens in such a hurry that little precautions were taken, and no advice from locals as to the best time to cross the marshes or the right route to take.So the wagons moved out with little knowledge or speed, since in a long line they could only move as fast as the wagon in front of them, and this is how they must have been caught with the rising tide and water as the marshes flooded.Had they taken local advice they might have waited longer to avoid the rising tide till later, and followed the correct route across the open marshes and dykes/ditches/rivers on the higher ground where the heavy wagons would not have cut the road so much.They might even have placed the heavy wagons at the front of the line to get better roads where the cart ruts would have not caused so much of a problem, but this them makes it worse for those carts/wagons that follow behind with the road now left with heavy deep ruts....It sounds from what I read the journey was terrible with little chance the carts would cross the fens in time before the rising tide and water would cut them off, and without local knowledge they could have gone off the high ground and got stuck even sooner, it was an accident waiting to happen in my view....I have dowsed around the area and I get three places where I think the wagons and carts might have been caught, they are far flung and the only common thing is I dowse all the carts to be 15 feet deep in the soil, so I dont know what to make of that.Its possible the wagon train was split up and took different routes and left at different times, that would explain being in three positions miles apart,each trying to reach safety before the rising water covered them all.And being in three groups the safety was held in the hands of the wagon train leader, who might not have had the knowledge to cross the fens during gales and a flooding tide at that time of the year, but ordered to by the King.