Cures and "Miracles"

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
hmj
Beginner
Beginner

Cures and "Miracles"

Post by hmj »

Some of you may be interested in a documentary on BBC iplayer till Sunay night. Shown on BBC Northern Ireland on Monday it atmospherically follows a 73 year old farmer who is collecting cures for a book as he wants to record them before they (and the families who hold them) die out. Its dark, brooding, atmospheric, strikingly juxtapositioning the reactions of animals (domestic and farm) to the words of the tellers.

You are told how religion is used to "give hope" where nothing else does and old cures are still used because "they don't cost much". You will proably leave with more questions than answers - but worth a look to raise questions about a fair few thing - particularly the grey area between pagan and accepted religion where deeply religious ladies rub babies backs with rosaries whilst untying knots in string to cure colic and farmers spit on cows whilst making the sign of the cross to cure ringworm.

BBC i player - True North - Factual - religion - "The Miraculous Tales of Michael McGuigan".
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Cures and "Miracles"

Post by mike »

I think cures and miracles are sometimes ONLY a thought away, but you have to be committed to the idea changes can be made by thought alone.Nine out of ten people will tell you this or that is not possible, but now and then things are done which defy logic and show the human mind is capable of far reaching changes I believe.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I still believe the above post to be VERY true folks,the human mind holds forces we can only just start to understand I believe.If you work at things its possible to re learn the old ways Im sure, all it takes is time, and an open mind.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Every day something happens that shows me our minds have power we never dreamed of ,if we just sit quiet and work at problems.Call it a pray or intent or what ever you like,given you try and use the mind to find an answer to any problem will sometimes work for you. ITS a form of dowsing with questions and answers to higher forces open to everyone with faith or not, use this force well and for the benefit of others is very rewarding indeed.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

A miracle or cure to a health problem thats not expected or possible in the normal way of things sometimes happens,and this is often dismissed out of hand and not researched further.We really should allow folk with the gift of healing more freedom to work out in the open,after of cause doctors have tried to help first. Its an area that needs control and checks on what people claim,but don't paint everyone with the same brush as healers do exist that work well.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I have found breccaited Moonkaite rock to have the gift of healing, I use it on my back and knees to remove pain, and it works. Its something you have to work at, ask for help like your talking to one of the family. Another out of the box cure is if you suffer from night cramps, place a bar of ANY soap in its wrapper close to the bed, it works folks, dont ask how or why but it stops cramps honest.