Trance Mediums

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Trance Mediums

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Some years ago I read one of Shirley Maclaine's books in which she described her experiences with a trance medium. I was impressed by this guy's ability to give his body over to some discarnate entity for the purpose of communication with a client.

It strikes me that with so many shades of psychic ability out there it's difficult in an emergency to find someone who can genuinely give clients access to helpful discarnate entities.

Having searched the web for trance mediums, I'm less than impressed by the commercial leanings of those claiming psychic abilities and wonder how one can make contact with those who have the ability to help people in need.

I do not need a medium myself but it occurred to me that it would be helpful if I did some research into who's who in this field so I can pass on information to others who need one without their having to spend vast amounts of money on speculative contacts.

I intend to continue my searches until I've found those I consider to have genuine ability to help others, but for starters I wonder if there is anyone here who can offer me pointers in this direction.

Any leads members can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Trance Mediums

Post by Got a few questions »

In addition to this, are there humans who can communicate with animals? I had a situation with one such person, who demanded that an amount of money first be paid before she will contact the animal - one was a cat that had run away from the vet and was hiding in the bushes. After 2 months he eventually walked into a massive cage his owner had put out for him. Same woman was requested to speak to another cat that had trouble settling into a new household. after a year the cat is indeed settling down, no thanks to the interventions of the animal whisperer. This person would immediately confirm how good she is, confirm her banking details and wait for the money to be paid into her account before moving into action. Is she the real thing? Are there others who are the real deal? I am not sure.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

A possible way of looking at this:

1. Such abilities are "gifts" (whatever that means!)
2. These gifts need to be practised to be effective (whatever that means...)
3. Practice takes time...and effort.
4. Time is money.
5. Water diviners often get paid by results- no money "upfront".

Why not adopt the same stance as water diviners if you are somebody who offers such a service?

My view: if someone is the "real thing" they deserve to be paid- after they have provided a service to the satisfaction of the client. Money upfront rings too many alarm bells.
And, yes, there are people who can, and do, do this.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Simon,

Several years ago, a small group from Bristol Dowsers met at the home of a trance medium of some 30 years experience , whom I will call K, for some 60/70 evening sessions. For these sessions, K always worked in complete darkness. He would start by arranging the necessary protection then receive messages from the spirit world (that most of us ignored). He could see and describe these spirits to us but left it to us to determine who they were.

After this, there would be a period of silence followed, not every evening, by an entity speaking (using ) through K’s vocal cords. We would always be able to ask questions of the entity, one in particular used a rather odd form of English. I tape recorded some very interesting info from many of these sessions and transferred them to my PC then sent a copy to K who had no knowledge at all of what occurred when he was in a trance. K also used to work on stage in Spiritualist Churches (but not in the dark).

Although I have no knowledge of any “Medium Groups” in your area you may like to contact a Spiritualist Church ( if these organizations n your area) for further information.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hillary »

The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts [Kindle Edition]
Joe Fisher (Author), Colin Wilson (Foreword)

Joe Fisher, an investigative reporter researches channels and medium for five years. This is one of the best and most startling books I have ever read.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

FWIW:
The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts: A Riveting Investigation into Channeling and Spirit Guides is a book by the journalist Joe Fisher. It was published in 1990 in Canada and the United Kingdom and was later published in the United States in 2001. It has become a popular book within the New Age movement.

Fisher began to investigate paranormal phenomena and made contact with his own spiritual guide, a spirit who claimed to be a Greek woman who was his lover during an earlier life. He received much information from his contact with the spirits and started to check whether it was true or not. At first, some seemed to be correct, but as he started to check more closely, some turned out to contradict what he had been told. This raised doubts in his mind. Information given by different mediums contradicted and he came to the conclusion that at best, the spirits were guessing and at worse, deliberately lying. He also came to the conclusion that some of the information that he was provided could not possibly have been collected by natural means, that is, the mediums were not frauds.

By consulting a friend, he came to the conclusion that the spirits were trying to gain total control of him.

By re-delving in to numerous and varied ancient religious mystical texts, he eventually found in the Tibetan Book of the Dead what he concluded these entities are, namely Pretas, or Hungry Ghosts, which stimulate in the living un-naturally heightened levels of all the negative emotions the living can have, and then feed on the negative emotional energy produced.

The same year that the book was published in the United States, Fisher, experiencing personal problems and feeling tormented by the spirits that he claimed to have angered, committed suicide.[1] Something that his publisher thought were quite incredible as Fisher was known as one who wrote against suicide in a previous book he had authored.
according to "our friend" Wikipedia!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon