Should Dowsers be "grounded"?

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Should Dowsers be "grounded"?

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

“Being grounded means being fully conscious and fully present in the NOW moment.....being very, very aware of what is happening to us in the present. When we are conscious and aware of our SELF and grounded in the NOW we are able to ground the love and light from our higher self. This means that no matter what is going on, we stay balanced, centered and aligned with our soul and higher self and we are able to control our reactive, knee jerk, defensive behavioral patterns of our ego and shadow consciousness.”

The above has been extracted from a website and can probably be a fairly accurate definition, although a bit flowery, of “being grounded”, but, although this condition may suit the majority of people, there are some, so I have dowsed, who need to be, almost permanently, in an ungrounded condition. Three dowser friends of mine, who also have other metaphysical abilities, dowsed that they were better off being ungrounded. One of them recalled being given acupuncture to ground her and both during and after the treatment felt most uncomfortable.

Further dowsing got that many people with metaphysical abilities do not always need to be grounded – having their minds anchored to the ground in a stable state – but need “air” to give their minds the ability, for example, to pick up information, even a “yes” or a “no”.

It would therefore seem that being grounded could detrimentally affect ones ability to dowse.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Re: Should Dowsers be "grounded"?

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

I would have thought that being grounded implies that one has become a conduit for certain energies that need to enter the earth in order to complete the circuit, as it were, to bring about certain effects.

If energy passes through us it is likely to effect us positively of negatively according to it's nature and according to our resistance to it. Too much resistance, too much 'heating' which could be destructive to our constitution in some way.

As to being focused in the moment to be grounded, yes, that would seem to be advantageous but there are other ways to crack a nut. If one is not capable of intense concentration for the necessary period of time then an alternative is invocation. This assumes that someone else does the concentrating for us and may, in this case, veto our effort based on our motivation or suitability.

Direct control of energy, as would appear to be the case in the acupuncture case you cite, is likely to be fraught with danger if we are unaware of all the implications involved. Children playing with matches springs to mind.

At our stage of evolution it is safest to use indirect means of procuring energy and that means preparatory dialogue with whatever intelligence we are asking for help. Will this project violate cosmic law? Is it in line with Deific intent at this time? Am I capable of performing the task without frying my ass?

I make these comments not for the old lags who are well aware of the dangers involved in messing with raw energy but for the youngsters who, as youngsters are prone to do, are likely to let their natural enthusiasm occult their natural good sense.

Pass the Fire Deva sigil, Sidney, I fancy some char-grilled burgers.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Lyndion: I thought that being grounded implies that one has become a conduit for certain energies that need to enter the earth in order to complete the circuit, as it were, to bring about certain effects.

G: What kind of energies are you referring to?

L: If energy passes through us it is likely to effect us positively of negatively according to it's nature and according to our resistance to it. Too much resistance, too much 'heating' which could be destructive to our constitution in some way.

G In what way
?
L Direct control of energy, as would appear to be the case in the acupuncture case you cite, is likely to be fraught with danger if we are unaware of all the implications involved. Children playing with matches springs to mind.

G Sorry, I don’t see the connection with being ungrounded.

L: At our stage of evolution it is safest to use indirect means of procuring energy and that means preparatory dialogue with whatever intelligence we are asking for help. Will this project violate cosmic law?

G: Er,,,,what project ? How do you know what stage of development other people have reached ?

L: Is it in line with Deific intent at this time?

G What is Deific intent ?

L: Am I capable of performing the task without frying my ass?

G: What task ? I regret, Lyndon, that you have omitted to answer my question as to whether dowsers should be ungrouded.

G: I went to London today to have lunch with five other dowsers who also had other metaphysical qualities. Each confrmed that they preferred being ungrounded.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

FWiW, I agree with both of you. Of course, some of this depends on semantics and just what we mean by "grounded". Maybe there are degrees of being grounded......ranging from virtually cut off from all influences to "away with the faeries". There may also be confusion for some about the differences and similarities with "grounded" and "protected". Whether dowsing, meditating, shamanic journeying, healing...or any other similar activity...I always try to protect myself from before I start; however, according to what I am doing & maybe when and with whom, I may also try to be grounded from the start...and sometimes let that grounding loosen up- according to circumstances and perceived need. The main criterion is to remain in charge of oneself. We must not confuse the vibration with what is making that vibration- nor become so immersed in it that we cannot tune "in" or "out" when we wish. I am not sure I am completely in accord with the definition of being grounded that Geoff quotes.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Geoff: "I regret, Lyndon, that you have omitted to answer my question as to whether dowsers should be ungrouded."

I do not accept that being in the moment is the same as being grounded. Being in the moment may be the method by which grounding is achieved but it is not grounding in itself. Grounding is a state in which energy flow is established, while being in the moment is related to consciousness which, from my (deviceless) dowsing research, is not energy.

Energy, they say, follows thought (an aspect of consciousness) so to confound the two seems a tad perverse.

The difficulty in understanding a given phenomenon lies, imo, in tradition. Traditions for some strange reason isolate themselves from other traditions and refuse to look beyond their own narrow perspective of nature. When we enter a tradition such as dowsing we tend to swallow the terminology (which may have been coined in a less enlightened age) whole without first relating it to other traditions or modern scientific modes of thought which are based on the principles of matter and energy. Matter and energy (plus consciousness) are the principles by which modern man understands the world in which he lives and he deviates from this at his peril.

In my answer to you I assumed the term 'grounding' to indicate that, to be effective, a dowser has to become part of an energy circuit which he establishes either by concentration (being in the moment) or by invocation (calling on higher powers) before he can be effective in the task of dowsing for whatever purpose he wishes to use it. Being a deviceless dowser I do not have experience of dowsing in the field so cannot answer your question from personal experience. I gave a theoretical answer based (I hope) on the scientific perspective in the hope that it would shed some light on your deliberations.

You are not alone in having difficulty in understanding the things I say. Sometimes I read ancient posts and wonder what the heck I was talking about. All I can say in my defense is that I understood it at the time. :lol:
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Simon and Lyndon/

Thank you both for your input. I must say I did like Simon’s comment “I may also try to be grounded from the start...and sometimes let that grounding loosen up- according to circumstances and perceived need. The main criterion is to remain in charge of oneself” that seemed a very satisfactory attitude to take, although I would love to know what is responsible for the change from one state (grounded) to the other (ungrounded).
Lyndon’s comment “In my answer to you I assumed the term 'grounding' to indicate that, to be effective, a dowser has to become part of an energy circuit which he establishes either by concentration (being in the moment) or by invocation (calling on higher powers) before he can be effective in the task of dowsing for whatever purpose he wishes to use it” also is an interesting aspect but it is not one I would entirely support.

I must apologise for posting a definition from a website that may have caused confusion. I assumed it was something near what most might think was a reasonably good definition of grounded.

You will no doubt agree that the purpose of dowsig is to acquire information from a source that is either our subconscious mind or a source that is external.

Back in 2000, I dowsed that there is another separate Dimension that has 4 Planes, continuously linked with the 3rd dimension, but only accessible by those who have the ability to do so as follows.....

First Plane - Telepathic communications
Second Plane - Dowsing, Shamanism and other altered states of consciousness
Third Plane - Mediumship. Clairvoyance and other metaphysical subjects
Fourth Plane - All healing frequencies and vibrations

I have now dowsed that, when we enter one of these planes, we automatically become ungrounded. That is we are transferred from a state of being normal, (whatever definition you would give to being grounded) to a state that opens us up and gives us the ability to receive information (including yes and no) and act as conduits for various energies. I have found that it is sometimes possible to mentally maintain a state of ungroundedness although it can have the disadvantage of attracting spirits who think you can help them, but that’s another subject. As I mentioned before, some people I know prefer to be in an ungrounded stte which, to them, is normal.
Geoff

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Hi All,

I wasn't able to Log In so I had to re-register and changed my name from Hillary to Hunter.

Grounding is a very interesting topic and one that I believe is essential when dowsing. My
thoughts on 'grounding' are that one is centered, balanced and the root chakra is firmly connectedd to the
earth. I have always felt that there are Guides that help me to dowse but if I am not balanced
and completely objective my dowsing will be off. I have learned through my own experience that
farmers who dowse are connected to the earth and they are usually very accurate having a firm
footing in the earth and are not swayed by the wind.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Hilary,

How do you know that you re grounded when you are dowsing ?
Geoff

mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Dont know if this is interesting or not to this thread, but I found just last week if you dowse with your shoes on, you get a different answer to questions than with your shoes off.The question of being grounded or not could include shoes on or off, okay it does not make a huge difference, but it does change the dowsing signature levels to things like the age of rocks and ancient sites and other things...Just thought I would throw this in the pot, I know Kevin once dowsed the Kings Men at the Rollrights in his bare feet, but at the time I thought it was just being a Yorkshire man. :lol:
tightwines
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tightwines »

Maybe I'm going off at a bit of a tangent, but I note that dowsers - like Raymon Grace - advocate going into the Alpha relaxed state (Raymon did a lot of Jose Silva courses when younger, which is all about going into Alpha).

You can, using a anti-clockwise movement of the pendulum, ask that your pre-dominant brainwave pattern is decreased 8 or 9 herts - the Alpha state.

The American, David Cowan, recommends that we should, using a pendulum, increase our personal vibration (of the body and energy field) to 70 megahertz and above. He maintains, in his book 'Dowsing Beyond Duality', that happiness and health equates with 70 megahertz, and the the further we get below 68 megahertz, the less healthy and happy we become (this has been borne our by some recents scienctific research .....

http://energyfanatics.com/2011/12/07/re ... frequency/ (link broken)

Conversely, the higher we get our physical vibration above 70 megaHertz, the more we get into the 'higher' and more spiritual realms, which should increase our dowsing capabilities.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Tightwines,
How do you know when your at a higher frequency than 70 mhz, is it a case of getting in a dowsing mood then dowsing what your frequency counts out ? We would all like to be in a special place when we work at something, where the dowsing comes easy, but sometimes when I dowse I just cannot get in the mood, so I take a few hours before I try something again.And then I find some dowsing is easy compared to other sorts of dowsing, so on any day I imagine my count goes both up and down depending on what I am looking for and the subject Im dowsing ? Im a bit of a loner when it comes to dowsing, so I only get any feed back on this forum really, and thats not very often, many people will not share their views even in a private PM.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

While Im no expert on this I checked my vibs last time and today to 130 mhz, so if its right I should be on a high all the time, and live to be 100 years old. Do any other dowsers on the forum ever check/dowse their own vibration rate, and what sort of numbers do others get ? Im sure the rate goes up and down during the period your working, so as your interest soars you reach higher levels than when your doing something that dont takes your fancy so much.Its something we could all check from time to time and report back to see where it leads, but knowing the forum only a few might post anyway....I never see dowsing like a game of poker where you play your cards close to your chest, post your ideas and findings and involve others and learn from each other in the process. 8)