Ghosts/Spirits

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Re: Ghosts/Spirits

Post by Durotrigian »

Perhaps it's time to install a dash-cam Mike, just a thought!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Its a thought, but the moment I do that will everything stop ? I believe things happen and you experience more when you first have an open mind, and you dont pursue the paranormal, but just let it come to you, let it happen....Last night in bed something went crash early in the morning, and when It got light I could see the picture at the side of the bed had fallen over, first time ever in two years here in this house. Might have been something normal and waiting to happen, I know I was asleep as it woke me the sound of it falling down...I look for signs in life something is trying to come through, and while I dont claim to have any skills, its how I focus my attention at that time on what ever I am thinking about, and it works for me...What I see out of the ordinary I write about here, hoping it catches the eye of someone who may have experienced similar things and posts back.My interests are wide and I will post about anything I think other folk would enjoy reading about, as old as you might be you can always learn something new on this forum, thats the magic of the site.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Seen nothing for months at the place in the field where I saw those dark shapes, BUT yesterday as I was passing I saw two figures in that position...I have no idea what ever the shapes were but they were upright and I just got a seconds view of them, they were bright not dark and might have been people, but they were off the path that crosses near there.I never got the chance to stop as I had traffic right behind me inches away from my butt, and I never wanted to make things any worse for me so I carried on driving...First time for months I have seen anything there in the field close to the A444, but its something to work with and keeps me interested.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I heard tonight on Radio WM that they are offering a visit to the Creepy Caldren in Stratford to a Ghost Hunt Night as an offer for charity, so I looked at the house to see what was there and what influence it offers people.The house is sitting on crossed Leys from the n/e and from the n/w and while its not Sacred Ground at that position, Im sure at times of high energy things will cross over there and appear from the past, so its a good place for sightings and atmospheric for sure to many with open minds.....So watch out those people lucky enough to have the Ghost Hunt with Caroline Martin and Radio WM, and take a change of underwear for safety. :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Double checked the Creepy Caldren in Stratford, and it does not have the V force crossing it, but ordinary Leys are involved there, so influence must gather there from time to time, dont know if I would ever visit, Im not that strong minded enough to face things from the other side I think.If while dowsing something comes through thats another thing,I ask questions or stop right away if I dont like the influence, its in my control there I believe while working and protected.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Looking at the Rollrights tonight I believe the east to west Ley is blocked on the west side of the circle, I cleared it and all is fine now. Please good people don’t place any crystals to increase or balance the forces of the planet, keep every ancient site clean and leave nothing but your best wishes and love there…..I looked just north of the Church in Long Lawford and it’s very powerful where the brook runs at the side of the road, it’s a warm and friendly Witch influence, and I always say hello when I can here, nothing to fear and doff your hat when you pass in respect.
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SparkTalker »

Reading this thread reminded me of an incident that happened a couple of years ago.

There is a small lake I pass every day going to and from work. Usual stuff, ducks, geese, a few swans etc.

Anyway, around two years ago a young woman drowned herself in the lake. The story I heard was that she had found out that she was to loose her sight (through some illness), and in a greatly depressed state she took a taxi to the place in question, and then simply walked in to the water.

From what I gather she had been dead a number of hours before her body was discovered, fire crews were called to recover her body.

So, fast forwarding no more than two days, I found myself passing the lake on the way to work. It was a cool morning, the sun was just starting to appear above the tree line around the lake, and there was a layer of mist perhaps two feet 'thick' covering the water. As early morning drives to work go it was very peaceful and quiet, the lake had a kind of magical air to it.

I glanced in the direction of the lake a few times, noting the smoothness of the layer of mist. I suddenly had a really strong sense of the young woman who had died, and I now felt 'drawn' to look at the lake one more time. As I did so I could not believe what I saw next. Maybe thirty feet or so out across the water the mist suddenly started to swirl upwards, and it formed a column maybe 5-6 feet tall and about eighteen inches to two feet wide. I say 'column', but what it actually looked like was an outline of a woman surrounded by a kind of misty shawl (for want of a better word).

Straight away I had the sense that it was the woman who had killed herself, it was just so clear. There was no other movement in the mist across the lake, in fact it was so still you would have thought that it was solid. The 'figure' was visible for maybe four or five seconds, and VERY clear to see. In my mind, knowing what had happened to her, I found myself thinking, "Rest easy now, rest easy". At which, the 'figure' seemed to gently spin in an upwards moving direction, becoming feint and dispersing as it went.

The whole episode was maybe no more than 10 seconds or so? But at the time it seemed to go on forever, as though minutes had past. I can still remember the image, it is strongly burnt in to my mind.

In all the years (25 years) I have been passing the lake (which is only about 20-30 yards from the road in places), I have never seen anything like that before or since. I was and am convinced 'it' was that young lady in some form or another. And oddly I didn't feel scared, it was more like a feeling of being privileged.

Mark...
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Mark, I saw something just like you mentioned over the lake, this was some years ago near Marton Museum south of Coventry I was driving slow along this country road when a spiral of mist rose in the road to the height of a person in the road just in front of me. I stopped and watched it, it swirled for about 30 seconds then just went away, no mist or fog was in the fields. I always wondered if someone died here in the past perhaps, I felt nothing at the time ?

Just dowsed a Ley running near this point from the ne to sw, that’s interesting :D
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SparkTalker »

I seem to recall that T.C. Lethbridge proposed the idea in one of his books that bodies of water can 'record' events, which may then be 'replayed' at some future time.

Primarily I think he was talking about moving bodies of water such as streams or rivers, but I'm pretty certain he also mentioned other events he had experienced in other places (such as on a cliff top by the sea etc.)

I once went for a walk down on a beach, the sea was quite rough, and behind me was a sheer cliff. After being down there for maybe 20mins or so I distinctly heard a woman's voice shout my name. I thought it might have been my partner, but I checked around and no one was to be seen.

After a few minutes I heard the 'woman' call me again! I didn't hang around for a third time! When I got back to the cottage we were staying in I found my better half reading a book by the fire. She hadn't been out, which was confirmed by others in our party.

Mark...
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Bodies of water I know hold experiences that happened there in the past, and in fact can induce this atmosphere good or bad into our realm/time. I well remember good witch influence just north of the Rollrights, a little north of the Church in the village where this stream runs under the road. And in Scotland a place of evil was where men had been killed and thrown down this well, including young boys, perhaps clan wars or a local dispute. The evil of the event influenced even today, and needed cleaning this evil from the country side to restore light and love and harmony to this dark spot, water does I’m sure hold and store events from the past. A Holy Well from ancient times will always uplift you when you come close, you can feel this atmosphere as you approach, the good force extends out from the well, and sometimes it’s spring flow and direction underground can be felt…….Your experience Mark may have just been a thought your partner had while you was walking, and she was reading, I wonder what Marks doing ???