'No Doubt' Iceland's elves exist, says anthropologist

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

'No Doubt' Iceland's elves exist, says anthropologist

Post by Grahame »

Since the beginning of time, elves have been the stuff of legend in Iceland, but locals here will earnestly tell you that elves appear regularly to those who know how to see them.

Construction sites have been moved so as not to disturb the elves, and fishermen have refused to put out to sea because of their warnings: here in Iceland, these creatures are a part of everyday life
But honestly, do they really exist?

Anthropologist Magnus Skarphedinsson has spent decades collecting witness accounts, and he’s convinced the answer is yes
He now passes on his knowledge to curious crowds as the headmaster of Reykjavik’s Elf School.
“There is no doubt that they exist!” exclaims the stout 60-year-old as he addresses his “students”, for the most part tourists fascinated by Icelanders’ belief in elves.
Click Here for full article.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: 'No Doubt' Iceland's elves exist, says anthropologist

Post by mike »

I checked this story out and to the ne of Rejkjvik right on the coast are two Sacred sites with leys from the north to south and east to west at both sites here.Its very possible the large stones part of this story are those which are very close to the Sacred site, with the other site just around the bay on the headland there a short distance away.My Google coordinates dont work so sorry but its all I can report about these sites, I can go for road names if anyone is interested enough ? As for Elves who knows, I dont pick up any unknown forces here, but then again they could be here, while fairies have a unique earth force you can find at Kits Cody, I dont feel/dowse that influence here in Rejkjvik.