Basic Guide to Technopathic Stress by Grahame Gardner

Share your experience of non-fiction dowsing-related books and other written stuff (e.g. websites, self-published and e-books).

Moderator: simonwheeler

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Basic Guide to Technopathic Stress by Grahame Gardner

Post by simonwheeler »

I suspect that many, if not most, of the people reading this review here will be in some part familiar with the general contents and principle arguments in Grahame’s book. Dowsers are usually aware of the impact of detrimental frequencies on the landscape, houses and the health of animals and people.
However, it is good to have a book that is both a reference and an accessible handy guide…which this book is.

I did raise a concerned eyebrow when I read the first sentence on the back cover blurb: “Is your technology making you ill?” My responses included- “Oh no, not a doom and gloom polemic…” and “Possibly- but (1) what can I do about it that I don’t already do and (2) what about other people’s technology?”

My fears were not justified. It is not all “doom and gloom” – although some of it does continue to cause alarm. And Grahame does do what he promises on another part of the back cover blurb: “outline some simple precautions that will allow you to maintain a technological lifestyle without getting sick.” I also like that he has included some personal anecdotes based on his experiences of working as a professional dowser, performing house healing etc.

The 90 or so pages of this book result from Grahame’s own need to present his clients (and learning dowsers at his courses) with solid, well-researched information and explanations. As technopathic stress is a relatively new phenomenon there is not much in the way of long-term scientific research or published papers; however, Grahame does have a useful list of websites in both the References and the Resources sections. In the text he notes that many other countries have recommended or adopted lower levels of electromagnetic exposure than the UK government.

The main part of the book is organised so that the chapters are listed in decreasing order of severity of hazards. The opening chapter is a definition and explanation of what technopathic stress is (this is the main background science bit) - but then follows twelve chapters, each on everyday modern items- starting with cordless phones, followed by Wi-Fi, through Bluetooth, beds (yes…beds) and dirty electricity, ending with “other hazards”.

Whether we like it or not, there is a price to pay for all this modern convenient technology. In my house we already have cordless phones that can be switched to “Eco” mode; we have a wired network and only turn on Wi-Fi occasionally. If I forget to turn off the Wi-Fi at night, by morning I know it was on- it actually has an impact on my dreaming- in spite of the fact that my router allows me to select “Power reduction”. I don’t use an electric blanket (and I live in north Scotland). So, to return to my second paragraph above- I already do what I can. Looking at further means to reduce our exposure to harmful EMFs- this can be expensive. Do the practical things first. Do what you can do- and Grahame makes sensible, useful and easy-to-do suggestions. Minimise the risks- they can never be totally eliminated.

Only you can decide your response to this relatively new hazard. Every day we risk damage to our immune systems, we risk cancer, we risk insomnia, headaches, memory loss, ME etc. …We are learning all the time how much technopathic stress increases these risks. Just as a change in our diet may benefit our health, or a change in lifestyle may reduce those risks, so too may a closer and informed look at the impact of all the technological “advances” that surround us. By reading this book, at least we can educate ourselves just that little bit more. And if you want to keep up to date with research, this book gives you the website links to keep an eye on.

I suspect that we will hear much more about technopathic stress as the years go by….especially if/when smart meters are rolled out. When that happens, when you hear in the media about EMFs and the Microwave smog- if you have read this book you will be in a better position than most to respond intelligently and responsibly.

A Basic Guide to Technopathic Stress by Grahame Gardner.
(mod - now in it's third [2018] edition! - GG)

Available directly from Grahame's website. Also available on Amazon Kindle.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Basic Guide to Technopathic Stress by Grahame Gardner

Post by Grahame »

Excellent review Simon, many thanks!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Basic Guide to Technopathic Stress by Grahame Gardner

Post by Helen-Healing »

Very good review.
I suspect that we will hear much more about technopathic stress as the years go by….especially if/when smart meters are rolled out.
Here in London they have been rolled out already.