The Nature Of Intuition

Share your experience of non-fiction dowsing-related books and other written stuff (e.g. websites, self-published and e-books).

Moderator: simonwheeler

Nigel
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

The Nature Of Intuition

Post by Nigel »

This is our book (mine and Maggie's) which takes a look at how intuition might be thought to work by examining possible scientific and cultural viewpoints. I'm happy to say that it was positively reviewed by Kirkus who have just informed me that it has been selected to appear in the latest edition of their journal Kirkus Reviews (12/15 issue). Less than 10% of indie authors are selected for this, so it's quite a big deal!

The original review stated the book was "A remarkably thorough tour of the nature of intuition, its important functions, and the means by which it may be sharpened for everyday use." and went on to say, "Overall, the authors contend that intuition is only secondarily an instrument of self-preservation—one that’s better understood as a means to enjoying life that is “happier, richer, deeper, and more fulfilling.” As they develop this conclusion, what finally emerges is a profound image of human life that isn’t reducible to any kind of materialistic conception: “Our common attitude toward ourselves as a purely mechanical set of systems is, however, deeply wrong. It would be difficult to ascribe sensations of a ‘gut feeling’ to such a machine.”

An intellectually nuanced account of a mysterious element of the human experience. "

Hope you enjoy it!
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Re: The Nature Of Intuition

Post by Maggie »

The Nature Of Intuition: Understand & Harness Your Intuitive Ability by Nigel and Maggie Percy is available in ebook and paperback format. Links to most major online booksellers may be found here: http://sixthsensebooks.com/nonfiction-books/#intuition. We'd love to hear what you think about it. There is a chapter on dowsing, but the book is not a dowsing book as such, so you don't have to be a dowser to enjoy it.