Birds Bathtime.

UFOs, aliens, inter-dimensional beings and general weirdness.... abandon hope, all who enter here. Mike is in charge.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Birds Bathtime.

Post by mike »

Most distressing something along Bulkinton Road, a Fox was hit and killed here and knocked into the edge of the road where it remained for about a week. Then passing here another small female Fox was killed at this same precise position, and I immediately thought it was the other Foxes mate, she must have gone looking for it, and was hit transfixed at finding her dead mate at this spot. The horror of these two Foxes really has upset me a lot, I felt her emotions finding her dead mate here, unable to hear the car coming that took her life, I preyed then as I do every day she left no young family to starve in a den somewhere, nature is both beautiful and cruel as well. I’m very open to emotions and feelings, somehow these feelings remain where bad things happen, it leaves behind the horror and sadness felt of passing animals and people, a dowsing mind is both a gift and a curse, and something you sometimes cannot switch off.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Another week gone past and still no Swallows or Swifts in any numbers, where have they all gone, the numbers of these birds from Africa have reduced each Summer for two years now, it’s a worry I have, the decline in their numbers is serious I believe.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

While I’m not 100% sure just yet passing the Slough Park Saturday I saw just for a brief moment a Crow flying over the road from the park, my old friend the Crow with the frozen deformed leg hanging down. It’s lifted me no end, I thought he was gone for sure, it’s about a year plus since I last saw him, God bless his cotton socks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

This morning the mother Crow and her daughter came over the house and settled on the bungalow near me, it was her I’m sure, this lifts me no end, I haven’t seen them for weeks now. Every morning I look at the garden fence where the male Crow sat asking for help, and I failed it, this haunts me, and always will, while I cannot walk well I should have tried harder. :cry:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Saw the male Crow born over the road years ago fly over the house, it’s got a white flash on its chest, it comes here often and was alone again, hoping it would get a mate and nest in the tree where it was born.
The mother and her daughter I saw here a short while ago, I never ever found out what happened to the father Crow that the cat broke its wing outside, it went to an animal rescue place in Nuneaton, but many phone calls and I never managed to get in touch with them. The Crow was hurt May 21, and it’s got to be 3 years ago now, time flies, I still look at the garden fence where it stood asking for help, and SO regret not doing more than just feeding it. :(
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Saw both the mum and daughter Crow close to home today just over the houses, and later the brother Crow from the year before born in the tree just over the road, he has a white star on his chest, it warms my heart to see this.
Nights I think of the father Crow with its broken wing, I should have done more for it I know, but I’m very bad walking and it would have been a very hard job to catch it. This is no excuse honest, I just wish I could have helped it more anyway I could, feeding it seemed just a way to help, but I know it was asking for more of me !!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

With Summer almost gone the number of Swallows and Swifts remain at a very low level, I have seen just a few of each, it’s a big worry, where have they all gone ? It makes me wonder if some infection has reduced their numbers, or has the bugs been killed by some new pest dressing on the crops in the fields, are the bees affected as well, it’s all bad news and needs checking !!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

With the Summer gone now the numbers of Swallows and Swifts I saw in past months is a real worry, the hunting flock of Swifts in the sunshine down the edge of the fields is no more, rushing back and forth in a game of catch. The odd Swift turned up in my ufo pictures high in the sky and often alone, it’s a puzzle what’s happened for so many birds to disappear, I just hope this is a local thing and not country wide, is it G5 masts affecting them here in Coventry…. I don’t feel right at places around Coventry, and each site has a new G5 mast erected there, with Gallagher Park being a hot spot for feeling queer and light headed the worst.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

WOW first for me saw a Kite over Bulkington at midday, thought it was a Buzzard till it turned and the big forked tail came in view, they are normal along the A14 near Peterborough.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Sorry to everyone who visits here, not been on line for a month now at least, I had a bad chest cold and then I just could not sleep a wink night times, I got really down for a while. I’m sleeping better now and have the energy to get busy a little, to-date I have loads of interesting things to dowse out and report back on here, this web site is a sort of sounding board for me, I talk over what dowsing results I get from all sorts of experiences and reports in the news……
Last two days the Mother Crow and her daughter has visited near her nest across the road from me, it’s wonderful to see them again, they have not been close for ages. I look out for her every day, it’s just a real pity her mate the male Crow had its wing broke by that cat, but at least it was not killed. The question of is it right for a wild bird to be put in a cage, when it should be wild and free to move about, it’s a hard choice to make, I have no answer really.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Saw the mother Crow with her daughter over the road close to where her nest was, and the son from three years ago I have seen near the nest, he has a white star on his chest. Hope he takes the old nest over this coming Summer, it will warm my heart to see this happen.

Had another interesting report of Hi Brazil the claimed island off the south west of Ireland, and it’s possible links to the Pyramids and ancient US sites. I’m not feeling 100 per cent, but I hope to write more soon, I have pages of notes of interesting things, including the 75 mile long Comet coming from the Oort Cloud just found, so many exciting things going on, and me dried up and feeling low :shock:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yesterday I put kitchen scraps and some old bread out along the lane near me, and the mother Crow and her daughter were just over the fence from me. She saw me and flew over as I drove away down the road where her smaller daughter joined her, this really warmed my heart, the last few nights have been so cold with heavy frost, it’s good to feed the wild birds and animals in Winter.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Can I ask anyone who reads my posts all year round to please remember the wild birds and animals that live near you often hidden away. If you can place any over day bread or kitchen scraps out in a safe place, or mixed corn from the farm shop or British Finch seed in a bird feeder or quiet place where wild birds fly every day, you will keep them alive during a harsh Winter.
It cost little to feed the birds often food you don’t eat at the table or the odd meal worms or maggots from fishing trips, place any food where cats cannot ambush the hungry birds, high up or down the lanes in a gateway is okay. Watch the site to see the food goes, it may take a day for the birds to find it, and afterwards they will visit that place to find a meal, and remember often local Councils will ban any feeding of wild birds or animals.
Place water not milk in the garden for birds and any hedgehogs, cat food or wet dog food will be accepted, but remember rats
Like all that and will double in numbers where food can be found !! My view is when I eat I remember the wild animals and birds as well, in the Winter they all suffer and have to keep body fat to stay warm in those frost covered days and nights. :mrgreen:
Last edited by mike on Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yesterday I was coming down the lane near where I live when two birds shot across the road in front of me, one was a Starling or female Blackbird as it was fast and smaller then the Hawk that was just a foot behind that poor bird. They both flashed past the low trees to the side of road and was gone, I don’t know what then happened, but the Hawk was in easy striking distance of the smaller bird, and I don’t think it could have escaped the Hawks pursuit. :cry:

To everyone including Grahame and Simon and Nancy in the US I wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year. Lets hope our world again finds peace and we all try and pull together, and not apart.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Last few days I have seen two Crows in the nesting tree just across the road from me, the old Crows nest is almost blown down now and two Magpies are often close and might wish to use it in 2023. I have only managed to top one bird feeder in my garden in the last two weeks, my legs just won’t support doing much and standing for more than a few minutes. I placed a load of kitchen scraps and bread down the lane a while ago, the lot was gone within an hour, so some birds had a good dinner, bless them all.