Birds Bathtime.

UFOs, aliens, inter-dimensional beings and general weirdness.... abandon hope, all who enter here. Mike is in charge.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Birds Bathtime.

Post by mike »

The male Crow born just over 2 years ago in the tree across from where I live, has a white star on its chest. But I haven't seen it for a few days over my house, I hope its okay and alive.
The male Crow near Slough Park Coventry with the frozen deformed leg I haven't seen since early in the year, and I wonder if that friend is alive and okay.
We assume most wild birds find enough food and keep fit, but it has to be a struggle for them all at times, more so in Winter.
If you can feed the birds corn or Finch seed it helps many birds stay fit and well, peanuts you have to be careful they are safe and not the cheap toxic sort, and dont feed these in Summer, they choke the babies.
I love the wild bird sound on the garden even the Sparrow has a warm chirp I enjoy, and the Blackbird song has to be in the top ten.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yesterday I heard a Crow calling over by the trees near me and Im sure it was the same Crow calling I heard when the Buzzards struck that Crow on the head, it was the same calling unlike the normal Crow chatter. I just hope it was the Crow struck by the Buzzard when it went to mob them on the pylon, it got a bang on the head for its troubles no doubt, it just floated down with its wings in a V shape, sure head wound.

Okay a Crow is a Crow, but just like us we sound different to each other when we talk, I feel this Crow has a unique sound/chatter when it calls, Im convinced it was the same Crow that was hurt that day, my prays were answered as I wanted that brave Crow to continue its life.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Not seen the Crow with the frozen leg for months now, IM thinking it’s gone, I look for the bird but get a warm relaxed feeling and believe the Lord has called it home.I have been a number of times to Slough Park Coventry and not see any sign of it, if fact I don’t see many Crows there at all now. I just hope it passed in its sleep and not starved or suffered any trauma , I prayed many times for a safe passing for this little fighter, and I hope the Lord heard my prayer.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

REALLY REALLY pleased, I saw for the first time in ages the mother Crow who nested in the tree just across from me where her partner was caught by a cat that broke its wing, she visited the old nest for a moment, and the two other Crows joined here on the roof of the house where she often sat with her partner. I never found out what happened to the male Crow with the broken wing, it was taken to a bird/animal rescue place in Nuneaton but I could never contact the people ? To see this wonderful bird again has lifted me no doubt, I saw her months ago see off a Buzzard near the pylons when it flew close, she flew out from the pylon where the two children were to mob the Buzzard, and staying just far enough away to keep safe. And I have seen her over the fields close to where I live, the family group keep together and Im so happy to know they are all safe and well flying about near me, MY HEART SKIPS A BEAT WHEN i SEE THIS GROUP.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

So upsetting again today, another good condition dead Fox on the road near Tesco close to me, thats 3 adult Fox killed here on both sides of the duel highway here all within 50 yards of each other. Each dead Fox looked very clean and well fed, Im sure they were the same family, crossing this part of the road, its a very sad thing to see, and all in the last 2 months.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

For a week now I believe the mother Crow has been visiting near me with a female Crow with her, but only the single baby from the Summer with her and not two that she raised. The single male Crow from the previous Summer still comes around here, and this coming Summer may use the old nest site where it was born.
The Crow over the Slough Park Coventry I haven’t seen since early April, the bird with the frozen leg which hangs down, when I ask to see it a warm feeling of calm and peace comes to me. I think this is because it’s now passed on and is in a better place where it’s happy and content, I just hope it passed in its sleep and never suffered at all. This male Crow with the frozen leg I just don’t know how it ever managed to feed, but I watched this Crow for at least 3 years over the Slough Park north Coventry, and it always warmed me to see it again God bless it.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The two Crows visited the tree across the road where they were born, and looking at them both I think it’s the two children and not including their mother, which is sad as she was a wonderful mother bird and worked so hard feeding two chicks alone. I saw her when she was on the pylon with the two children fly out to mob a passing Buzzard which came near them, this is a good mother to mob a much larger bird of prey. I hope she is okay but don’t understand why she is not with her children, perhaps the cost of all that extra work alone has been too much for her, fingers crossed she is alive and well.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The two Crows over the road today from me near the nesting tree, and I pretty sure it’s the mother and one baby from before, a single male Crow comes past now and then which was her son from the year before. I feed along the lane the birds, it’s against council rules, but in Winter it’s hard not to put old bread and food scrapes out for them, they deserve a life as well.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Very cold this morning with snow thick everywhere, the Mother Crow was in the nesting tree this morning with her female baby today, I left feed along the lane for all the birds, and in an hour it was all gone. I got some more finch seed and corn for my garden feeders which I shall fill up again soon, it’s hard on the birds in Winter, leave kitchen scrapes out for the birds where cats cannot ambush them folks, we share the planet with them and enjoy their song.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The tree across from where I live has lost most of its leaves now, and I can see the old Crow nest has been blown down, that’s left me feeling low today, when December is never a good time for me because of circumstances. The mother Crow and one baby from two years ago still hang around this area and tree, I leave kitchen scrapes out for them and other wild birds during the Winter, to keep them alive and well I hope. Any British finch or mixed corn the wild birds will eat and keep them fit to manage the Winter out, put it where cats cannot ambush any birds, the cats for the most part are well fed and don’t need to catch birds.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Single male Crow was looking right in the old nest today, it’s part blown away now, but it stood just six inches from the edge, a good sign this bird which hatched here over two years ago may use this old nest again, fingers crossed.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Up early today and two Crows were in the nesting tree over the road from me, I’m sure it’s the son from 3 years ago claiming this nesting site, or perhaps I hope it is. The nest has lost some of its twigs in the gales and wind we have had here, but you still can see where it once was….interesting thing today I saw a mother Crow and two smaller other Crows close to where I live, and for a moment I thought it was the family that last used the nest over the road, it gave me a nice shock….never had any news about the male Crow that broke or damaged its wing all that time ago, May 21 it was, bad day for me as it reminds me I failed that Crow which was looking for help from me. I look every day at the garden post where it stood, with its wing dropped down one side, it haunts me that, I should have done more !! But I’m very limited walking, my mobility is pretty well zero now, I struggle to make a cup of tea in the kitchen sometimes.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Every day I leave any kitchen scraps in the country lane near me, against Council rules, but in Winter we all need to help all wildlife right. Today as I drove home I saw the mother Crow and her daughter from the nest just over the road from me, they were eating some of the bird food I had dropped there when I went out. It’s so rewarding to know they both sleep tonight with full bellies, and I just know it was them, the force that guides me dowsing told me, honest .

The mind is such a powerful thing, we just don’t use it enough, conscious and unconscious thoughts have power to change the world around us, it just takes that first step.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Last year I really never saw anything like the normal numbers of Swifts or Swallows around my home and area, the hoards of Swifts that normally scream down the lane next to the fields seemed very quiet and empty of chasing birds. In better times as many as ten plus Swifts would be flying in groups down the lane chasing knats and flying bugs, all calling and enjoying the chase after tea time. It was special watching this game played every day by the Swifts, but last Summer it was so quiet and empty, only the odd pair of Swifts flying along the lane where before it was dozens of birds.
I have seen the odd couple of Swallows this year around here in the countryside, but no numbers yet, and it’s a worry how things are going, just what’s happening to them all, where have they gone ??
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I cannot believe how the numbers of Swallows and Swifts have reduced in the last two years, the numbers are down at least 60% or more and what is the explanation here in the UK ???