radio frequency water meter

Topics relating to the hazards of EMFs, Wi-Fi, phone masts, dirty electricity, smart meters, 5G etc.
Hebe

radio frequency water meter

Post by Hebe »

Hello,
The contractor turned up today to replace my water meter, which was no longer moving on the units on the display. He said he was going to install a new meter which would be controlled by radio frequency, ie. wifi. When I objected to having wifi on health grounds and that I'd not been warned when booking a replacement, he said I wasn't the only one to object. He told me about an elderly customer, who had done extensive research into radiation, point blank refuse to have it in her house when she realised how the meter was to be controlled. He had concerns too, particularly as he drove round in his van with 50-70 active meters every day and wondered what the health implications were.

He suggested that I present research about the health risks to prove my point with Cambridge Water as he thinks there must be some of the 'old' style meters available in a warehouse which I could insist upon having. Whilst they can't force me to have a radio controlled meter, they could put me on rateable account which would work out about £100 more p.a.

I live in a small house and use cable broadband where possible, knowing that my neighbours will have wifi either side of me. If I have a wifi unit under my kitchen sink that is permanently on, not only will it be polluting my water (?) but the wifi will, at the very least, be also dominant in my sitting room as the signal extends to the street and beyond.

Does anyone know of some peer reviewed research I could use to back up my argument?

Wifi use has an insidious creeping effect on our lives, particularly with the energy suppliers as they will force us over time to move to Smart meters for their benefit.
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Re: radio frequency water meter

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

The following 2 websites may be of interest to you.

http://www.powerwatch.org.uk

http://www.royriggs.co.uk

They both make interesting reading, other members may know of more.
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Also look at http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/ - has extensive resources section with links to articles and an auto-send email facility that will record your desire not to have a 'smart' meter installed with all utility companies. The film 'Take Back Your Power' is also recommended viewing.
You are not legally obliged to have a 'smart' meter installed and are within your rights to demand an equivalent analogue one instead.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi

Completely understand your concerns re wi-fi. I know when I first had wi-fi in my home when I first acquired the internet, I felt very light-headed and noticed that immediately upon leaving my house it magically disappeared just to magically re-appear when I came home. I got an extension cable put in my dining room, linked up to the net with an Ethernet cable and light-headedness disappeared.

I’ve also been concerned about utility companies introducing wi-fi for monitoring and decided to write to my energy supplier (EDF) and said that under no circumstances did I want one of these in my property. They wrote back and replied they understood my request and that a smart metre would not be fitted to my property and they would hold the request on my file.

I can’t understand why more people aren’t concerned about this, there’s plenty of evidence that it’s damaging to health.

Best wishes to all

Lynnie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Another link that may be of interest for general EMF hazards is my 'Guide to Technopathic Stress', which groups the varying hazards in (roughly) descending order of severity.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Hebe

Post by Hebe »

Thank you so much to everyone for your time and advice. I shall be writing to the Water company today and will use info from these websites to help draft the letter.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Thanks for the reminder of this. I had meant to enquire about smart meters to Thames Water, but forgot.
I have since dug out a letter from them dated 17 November 2014, stating that a new water meter had been installed ("to make sure we can continue to send you accurate bills." Were they not accurate before, then??) It makes no mention at all of it being a smart meter! Surely they must be obliged to say so if this is the case?? I have just emailed them to say I do not want a smart meter. We'll see..........
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Helen,
I stand to be corrected on this but I think the difference is that water meters are normally fitted to the pipework outside your house boundary, ie under the pavement or under the road.
I think the legalities are different for something they want to put within your property boundary, I don't think you have any redress for the water meter if it's in the road or pavement, I could be wrong, perhaps somebody else could clarify this.
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Ah! Mine is in the road outside the house. But a friend told me that it can affect me even although it's a couple of metres away from the front door. I'm not sure how true this is.
(I never got a reply to my email.)