emf from Smart Meters in the USA and Canada- possible shield

Topics relating to the hazards of EMFs, Wi-Fi, phone masts, dirty electricity, smart meters, 5G etc.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

emf from Smart Meters in the USA and Canada- possible shield

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

I am aware that some dowsers in the US and Canada have had Smart Meters fitted and these devices emit a considerable amount of emf radiation which affects those who are sensitive to it. I have a London friend who is visiting friends in Vancouver Island who is suffering from emf emanating from a Smart Meter (dowsed). She dis some research on this problem and wrote to me as below. Whether our Dowser Colleagues in the USA and Canada would like to check this out is, of course, up to them.

“I found a brilliant device which has been designed specifically for protecting people from emf radiation from Smart Meters in the USA and Canada, with before and after testing results showing reductions of between 98% and 99% of EMF. The remaining 1-2% transmits just enough info to the utility corporations to keep them happy!

The device is called a Smart Meter Guard. It is a purpose-built, stainless steel mesh, Faraday cage which fits over the Smart Meter. It is made in Santa Cruz, California, costs $130, and ships to both America and Canada. They don't make any for the European market...yet.

For the benefit of your clients in the US and Canada, here are the links:

http://smartmeterguard.com

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natu ... -radiation
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: emf from Smart Meters in the USA and Canada- possible sh

Post by Grahame »

Nice find, Geoff!

The North American market are fortunate that they seem to have adopted a standard meter size and shape. I think this is more due to making them backwards-compatible with existing mountings than anything else, mind you. The European market has no such restrictions and there are a variety of different sizes and shapes of smart meters around.

The DIY model of making your own cover using metallic insulation foil (option 3 on your second link) is a good cost-effective method for smart meter shielding. The material is also good for general RF screening use around the home, e.g. lining walls, ceilings etc. - but the material is not breathable so in some situations (e.g. under a mattress) it may not be suitable.

I now usually recommend Silvascreen from EMFields, which is light, breathable, cost-effective and extremely good (99.999%) at blocking RF radiation.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Or just refuse to have a Smart Meter?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

simonwheeler wrote:Or just refuse to have a Smart Meter?
Well, that too of course.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
tightwines
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tightwines »

Good Hunting, Geoff.

I sent your information to someone in Millis, Massachusetts who is having problems with smart-meters.

Regards Paul
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Following Simon’s suggestion, I asked my friend, currently in Vancouver Island, whether smart meters were fitted compulsorilly in the OS and Canada and got this reply.

“I don't think the installation of Smart Meters is mandated by the government in either US or Canada but they may be mandatory installed by dictate of the Provincial or State Governments, who can override municipal objections. Therefore only some areas have Smart Meter programs.

Apparently 88% of Smart Meters installed in the US are for private residential premises, not commercial or corporate. Many municipalities have rejected the idea of Smart Meters. Besides causing noticeable health problems - in both sensitive people and those who are unaware of the EMF - these meters are known to cause fires, invade privacy, and threaten security. but organisations like BC Hydro on Vancouver Island don't have to pay any attention to what the local municipalities say.

So it seems that, in many states or jurisdictions, utility companies are either threatening or blackmailing people to have the Smart Meters fitted, or else just sneaking in and fitting them anyway without consent.

Residents are being told that their electricity will be cut off if they don't consent, and furthermore that they will be charged an extortionate amount to have a Smart Meter fitted at a later date...

The best option currently is to keep the old analogue meter, and pay a monthly fee to do so. It is also possible now to opt out of the radio aspect of the Smart meters. But those who insist on opting out must also pay a monthly fee for this privilege.

However opting out of this EMF transmissions aspect is almost as bad for the health as opting in. This is because Smart Meters use an alternating system which generates dirty electricity, and is very damaging all on its own, even without the EMF aspect
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Smart Meters use an alternating system which generates dirty electricity, and is very damaging all on its own, even without the EMF aspect
I don't understand what your friend means by 'alternating system' Geoff. In what way does a smart meter generate dirty electricity?

Incidentally, solar panels generate huge amounts of dirty electricity as well; I would hypothesise that they probably produce more DE than a smart meter. I had a client today where the level of DE was in the order of 1,000's of mV even with everything switched off, which could only mean that the DE was coming from an external source. The neighbour had solar panels, I could only conclude that it was coming from there.
Grahame
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Will ask Grahame.
Geoff

Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Ji Grhame,

This from Vancouver Island. I suspect that you alreadt know most if not all irs content.

"The answer to your friend's question can be found at these links among many others:

http://www.smartmetereducationnetwork.c ... meters.php

http://www.electricsense.com/1825/dirty ... gs-filter/

There is also detailed info on the health aspects here:

http://www.smartmetereducationnetwork.c ... ffects.php

http://healthimpactnews.com/2015/dirty- ... ed-states/

And on Solar Power:

http://www.electronicsilentspring.com/s ... lar-power/

Hope these links help your friend..."
Geoff

Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Thanks Geoff, very helpful information.

I suspected that the dirty electricity from smart meters might be due to switched mode power supplies; but this is no different from any other electronic device that you might have in the house - you computer, television, fridge, hi-fi, laptop, desk light...etc. It is a concern, but it's fairly easy to get rid of it with appropriate filters. With solar panels, the levels of dirty electricity are so huge that normal filters are ineffective at reducing it.
Grahame
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Thanks for that, Grahame. I will pass it on to my friend.

! had a smart meter installed in Aygust 2010 but, although I can detect emissions from other electrical appliances using an L-rod, I cannot pick up anything coming from my smart meter.
Geoff

Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: emf from Smart Meters in the USA and Canada- possible shield

Post by Grahame »

On the subject of smart meters, here are some very good reasons why you shouldn't have one installed.

Grahame
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:20 pm Thanks for that, Grahame. I will pass it on to my friend.

! had a smart meter installed in Aygust 2010 but, although I can detect emissions from other electrical appliances using an L-rod, I cannot pick up anything coming from my smart meter.
Just want to say I thought this forum was no longer. It disappeared several years ago and I was informed by the BSD that they were no longer supporting it. I was looking for a new dowsing forum to join and discovered it again. It's wonderful to see everyone. :)

So after having a bit of a catch up, Geoff's post interested me and I was wondering, Geoff, if you had any thoughts as to why you are not detecting any EMFs from your smart metre?

Lynnie
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hello again Lynne. Nice to hear from you again due to some excellent work by Grahame who rescued this Forum from the dustbin of time.

Regarding Your question, I can only suggest that the smart meters in the UK are made differently from those on North America. It’s possible that Ours do not emit radiations whereas those in the US and Canada do. It could also be that I am Not capable of detecting any emf from these meters. I cannot check mine again because I .have switched suppliers and am awaiting a connection to my new supplier.
Geoff

Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:44 am Hello again Lynne. Nice to hear from you again due to some excellent work by Grahame who rescued this Forum from the dustbin of time.

Regarding Your question, I can only suggest that the smart meters in the UK are made differently from those on North America. It’s possible that Ours do not emit radiations whereas those in the US and Canada do. It could also be that I am Not capable of detecting any emf from these meters. I cannot check mine again because I .have switched suppliers and am awaiting a connection to my new supplier.
Thanks Geoff, it's nice to be back!

I'm sure you would be capable of detecting EMF from a smart metre if you can detect energy from other electrical appliances. Is it possible that UK metres don't emit any radiation? So far, I have managed to bat off my supplier from having a SM installed. HOwever, if UK metres don't emit radiation, that's something for me to consider. Also, if UK can supply meters without radiation, it begs the question, why don't the USA?

I seem to recall wasn't Grahame an expect with all this. Perhaps we'd better wait for his input?

Lynnie