Dowsing the age of trees

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Linda Wood

Dowsing the age of trees

Post by Linda Wood »

Hello fellow dowsers!

I've just joined this site but have been practicing dowsing for several years, mainly as part of giving healing.

Having been on a dowsing course earlier this year I'm diversifying a bit and I'm really interested in finding out the age of trees as I have many superb (and enormous) trees near where I live which are not protected in any way.

Having dowsed the age by touching the tree while using my pendulum to ascertain the nearest number, I've then consulted the history records of the estates the trees would have been on but they do not go back far enough to suggest whether the trees would already have been on site when large/manor houses were built. In fact I'm about 100 years out.

How confident can I be in my findings without any historcal evidence to back them up? Without exception the number was between 358 and 362 and I did this with 12 trees.

Any tips, pointers or guidance from fellow dowsers would be gratefully received!

Thanks
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Dowsing the age of trees

Post by simonwheeler »

Welcome!
I love the almost "nominative determinism" of your name and interest!!

I don't think I can give you any tips- looks as if you are doing just fine.
How confident can I be in my findings without any historcal evidence to back them up? Without exception the number was between 358 and 362 and I did this with 12 trees.
suggests that you are getting credible results.

My only comment would be that maybe try a larger sample- including testing against a control...where you do know the age(s). I would be dubious about placing too much worth on
the history records of the estates the trees would have been on
Sounds fascinating!!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Linda,

(L) "Having dowsed the age by touching the tree while using my pendulum to ascertain the nearest number, I've then consulted the history records of the estates the trees would have been on but they do not go back far enough to suggest whether the trees would already have been on site when large/manor houses were built. In fact I'm about 100 years out."

(G) I use exactly the same method as you do for getting the age of trees. Have you tried to find out (dowse) whether the trees were there prior to the manor houses or was it the other way around ?

(L) "How confident can I be in my findings without any historcal evidence to back them up? Without exception the number was between 358 and 362 and I did this with 12 trees"

Sounds like oak trees to me. I would think that the trees would know exactly when they were planted. Houses, on the other hand, could take several years to build. Personally, I would believe what the trees said. (Reminds me of Spike Milligan's song "I talk to the trees, that's why they put me away")
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Linda Wood

Post by Linda Wood »

Thanks for your comments, Simon and Geoff.

I hadn't thought about my name and the trees etc :lol:

The trees were mainly oaks (those I can recognise) but about 4 were extremely tall, smooth barked trees with up to 5 thick trunks coming out of the ground, and 2 were immense pines with white trunks. I must invest in a good tree book so I can be specific and stop showing my ignorance!

The historical building on the site was built in 1740 (I don't know if that was when it was started or when finished) but the trees were obviously there a hundred years before that. The building is no longer there but there is apparently an earth mound where it was originally. I was too busy with the trees to notice that - I found out about it afterwards when looking up the history.

I will have to go back and ask the trees some more questions as there is a lot to find out on the site - lots of pathways and wide tracks, quite a lot of underground water as well and quite a lot of earth energy lines running through too!

Thanks for giving my confidence a boost!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I find when Im down hugging a tree and grounding your soul/spirit can remove lots of bad vibes, never tried to dowse a trees age, but its worth a try, give it a go when next Im out in the country.If you can release your dark thoughts and actions by hugging a tree with the intent of grounding to water, then Im sure on a higher level you could link with it and perhaps ask questions of it ? Dont know till you try...The many posts here all have good ways of knowing the trees age, so dowse a date then go round the village/town to see if the old folks know when they first appeared, or when their dad fell out of that tree in 1902, when he was scrumping apples. :lol: Or carving a heart for his girlfriend there on the trunk. 8)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Linda,
Another option would be to make contact with the spirit guardian of the trees.
Although I believe trees have much energy I have not found intelligence there.
Same as water or other solids of the earth. I find they are accompanied and looked after by spirit intelligence.
Funny how the song - `I talk to the trees` took off, but believe they do absorb what we think of them in one way or another and they in turn return energies which can be condusive to our well being.
Good luck.
Arthur
gilli5143

Post by gilli5143 »

Hello,
Once, when preparing to return to the UK after a visit to my home state of Indiana, I discovered I had an hour or two to spare.
I had been talking to an old schoolfriend who was, for reason unknown, trying to find the age of large trees around his house, which was
in open country..a farm house..so decided to have a go at an answer for him.
I got several of the trees to one date and another..also near the house..to a couple of years earlier, two were now stumps.
The dates were more or less the dates of the building of the house, which did not surprise me.
Later that night high over the Atlantic it suddenly hit me that I had been very inept in my questioning with the pendulum.
I had been asking...When was this tree planted ?
What I should perhaps have been asking is When was this tree planted here ?
Certainly with a large farmhouse in that area there would probably have not been any trees around it when it was built.
So the trees would have come either from a nursery dealing in trees...or someone who planted and grew them on in a casual way with the
intention of transplanting them.
So they could have been several years old before they were transplanted at his property, if only to give them a good chance at survival.
I realise that in the age durations you mention, a few years is nothing, but it was a good lesson to me to be more careful in
phrasing my request and to think more carefully about what I want in light of what I am likely to get.
And it somehow seemed a helpful observation to contrast the droning of the eastbound 747 with the whispering of the breeze in the trees on
a midwestern prairie farm.
Funny where lessons come from...but come they do !
Good luck.
David G