The Aurameter thread.

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
David

Re: Cameron Aurameter question

Post by David »

Simon thank's for taking the time to give me such an indepth reply. Very informative and helpful, I have been going back to your answer and rereading it and find I have some questions for you if that's ok.

David
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

and find I have some questions for you if that's ok.
You can ask...that's what (in part) a forum's for....
However, no guarantee if or when I'll respond!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
David

Post by David »

Simon thank's, but I think I will leave my questions for the moment.

David.
David

Post by David »

My Aurameter arrived this morning and I was well pleased.
I never mentioned but I had purchased one about 7 years ago from this site.
https://pendulumsplus.com/product/auram ... wsing-rod/
I could never get to grips with it, it did not feel right in the hand and didn't seem to very responsive at all. Over the years I would have another go with it but everytime I slung it back in the cupboard angry with it , wondering was it me that was missing something?
As soon as I held the Original I knew I wasn't at fault, this is a completely different beast altogether, silky smooth and very responsive, everything the cheaper lookalike wasn't. They look similar but the feel and action is worlds apart.

David
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Yes, David, I couldn't agree with you more! I experimented with an Aurameter knockoff some time ago, and wasn't impressed...but my interest in Mr. Cameron's original work persisted, and after years of wanting the "Real McCoy" I finally decided to save up and invest in a Cameron Aurameter. There is no comparison, the integrity of the Cameron Aurameter is instantly evident. I am so glad to hear that your experience bears this out. Your description ("silky smooth and very responsive") says it all. I wish you many interesting and engaging investigations with your Aurameter!
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Aurameter anecdote

Post by simonwheeler »

(mod 03/16 - topic merged - GG)

As "regulars" here know, I am a great fan of the aurameter.
We have just been house-hunting in a different part of Scotland. One of the places we went to look at had a well in the garden. The present occupants don't use it but the previous ones used it to water their market garden business which they ran from the property so it still had an electric pump attached.

As we went into the house I noticed that on the road verge on the opposite side there was what looked like another well, belonging to a neighbour.

I asked permission of the seller of the house and got out my aurameter. I dowsed the well in her garden and- no surprise- found a water line connecting it to the other well. The line just missed the corner of the property.

At that point the owner's daughter (aged about 15?) and friend came in from walking the dogs. She wanted to know what I was doing. I explained and asked her if she'd like to try. She did. I asked permissions on her behalf and she walked the garden with the aurameter. It responded in all the "right places".

At this point she took hold of the aurameter with her other hand and started looking inside the handle. She shook it. She turned it this way and that.

I asked her what she was doing.

"Looking for the battery," she said.
:lol: :lol: 8)

Simon
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Aurameter anecdote

Post by mike »

Kids/Children, dont you just love them. :lol: My granddaughter dowsed first time years ago better than I did on the day at a crop circle, they are all very natural at this early age.
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

cameron aurameter

Post by EEL »

(mod 03/16 - topics merged - GG)

Where can I buy a cameron aurameter in the U.K ? -I looked on the BSD online shop (where I thought I saw them for sale in the past) but only simple bobbers are on offer.After using bent coathangers, fencing wire, reeds, twigs etc for the last 20 years, I thought it was time to treat myself. To those that use the aurameter - how do they compare with using, say an ordinary bobber .
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: cameron aurameter

Post by Grahame »

As Simon said, they usually do carry them in the BSD shop. Give them a call to see if they have any in stock. If not, I'm sure they'll be happy to order one for you.
EEL wrote: how do they compare with using, say an ordinary bobber.
It's a different beast entirely. The aurameter combines the functions of a bobber, a pendlum and an L-rod, it is a most versatile tool.

It's not as 'whippy' as a spiral bobber so you can't be as vigorous with it if you're the sort who likes to do Raymon Grace-style energy clearing with a bobber - it's more designed for slower, subtler movements. But it's the most sensitive dowsing tool by far.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Thanks Simon for post search -read quite a lot of them.
Graham - thanks for description of use.
I rang the BSD shop and they don't have any in stock but have found online shop that posts from Spain .
There are two versions available - the Original , and the Professional model.Both models come in stainless , copper or gold plate.
The professional model seems to be the same as the original apart from having a a detachable head enabling a map pointer or witness chamber pointer to be attached to the meter.
My feeling is that I don't need the more expensive copper and gold plating , and I don't think I would have a use for the witness chamber.....however, I am quite interested in the map pointer -it is thinner and lighter than the standard one. Have you (G + S), or anyone used BOTH the ordinary pointer and the map pointer when map dowsing and so can give a comparison.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I've played with them all. The copper one has a slower, gentler action than the basic model but 'feels' more suited to healing energy work. The action on the gold-plated one is about the same as the basic model. I didn't like the feel of it very much, but then I'm not into gold jewellery either so that might just be me.
The Pro models (also available in copper or gold plate) have an interchangeable pointer for map dowsing, one with a witness chamber, and a spirit level on the handle that is more of a gimmick than anything else I'd say. Personally, I don't think the extra expense is worth it as you can map dowse almost as easily with the standard model.

One caveat on purchase - there are a few different models claiming to be 'original' aurameters, but there is only one Original Cameron Aurameter. Make sure you get that one, as the others are far inferior.

**EDIT** Here are two examples of 'ersatz' aurameters:
This one has a plastic handle and a much shorter weight, and it also considerably cheaper than the Original Cameron Aurameter. However, it is flimsy and unresponsive by comparison.

Here is another one that looks very similar to the Original, but is much floppier in use and not as reactive in the sideways motion. Notice that the handle is a more crudely formed tube without having the rounded edges. It does however have the word 'AURAMETER' etched in large friendly lettering on the handle, and a plastic insert in the end of the handle that will hold the pointer in place for storage. At the time of Verne Cameron's death, there were two folks who had rights to make aurameters, Bill Cox (the Original Cameron Aurameter) and the maker of this one (whose name escapes me at the moment - Dave something I think). I had trouble finding examples of this one in a Google search just now so they may not be producing them any more. I think this is the one that David is referring to in this post earlier in this thread.

They are also available from the American Society of Dowsers, or go directly to the original manufacturer. Bill Cox who had the rights to make this model has sadly passed away, but they are still produced by his widow Davina and family. I would strongly suggest buying from one of those outlets as they are definitely the genuine article.

They also come with a lifetime guarantee!

And now, I think it's time I merged this thread with the other one... :!:
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: links updated
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: The Cameron Aurameter Thread

Post by simonwheeler »

I use the BSD model- I presume the "original". For me it is the ultimate tool in the box. I do still use rods and pendulum (very occasionally a bobber), but my first choice is always the Aurameter. Thus far I have found no need for anything else! I'd say a Witness chamber is not really necessary- if you like using a witness you have another hand in which to hold it. Or a pocket.
The Aurameter was expensive- but if you want the Rolls Royce of tools, you have to pay the Rolls Royce price....but you also get Rolls Royce performance. (well....I feel that I do!!) :lol: :oops:

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: The Cameron Aurameter Thread

Post by Grahame »

A couple of useful learning links while we're on the subject...

Bill Cox video demonstrating the use of the Original Cameron Aurameter:

Here is Sig Lonegren's article on using the Aurameter. This used to be hosted on the old BSD website, but got lost in an upgrade a while back.
Grahame