The Aurameter thread.

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Sig

Bobbing

Post by Sig »

Sig says: it will bob up and down for “Yes” or go side-to-side for “No.”

Helen asks: Can this be the same for everyone??
Yes, if you want it to. Just tell your unconscious (or wherever you feel your answers come from) that you want up and down to mean "yes," and side to side to mean "no."

You can then ask yes no questions while you are pushing against a field (see my last post in this thread), and in effect, do two dowsing tasks at once.

Of course, if you have other signals for yes and no, use them.

}:-)

Sig
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Thank you. :)

I've just been to a friend's house to watch the video (I don't have a VCR :oops: ) which dealt with kinesiology & dowsing, using the aurometer. It was really interesting, & I've been practising on said friend. I found the extent of her aura (about 3 meters) & then how much it expanded or contracted depending on what I gave her to hold.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: the 'ersatz' Aurameter

Post by Grahame »

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had seen an 'ersatz' Aurameter that had a 'limper' spring coil. Well, recently I had the chance to inspect this model more closely, and I think I should revise my earlier opinion. The spring and wire is actually considerably stiffer than the Bill Cox ones that the BSD sells, and it points straight out from the handle instead of inclining upwards at an angle. It's also considerably cheaper than the Cox model at just under $80. The instructions say that you can use it as a 'vertical pendulum' by pointing it straight upwards. On further inspection of the instruction sheet, I discovered that it lays claim to being the 'original' Aurameter, and was made by Oscar T. Branson of Santa Fe to 'the exact specification of Verne Cameron's original Aurameter'.

It has labelling on the handle and the different arrangement of the spring. Another difference I noted is that the end of the handle has a plastic grommet-type insert, into which you can poke the bobber end to keep it secure when folded away.
So now the question arises - which one is the 'original' Aurameter? Are they both based on different versions of Verne's device, or is there only One True Aurameter? There could be an interesting little story for Dowsing Today in here...
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

The Cameron Aurameter Thread

Post by Bonnie »

I have wanted an Aurameter for the longest time and finally saved up enough to get one. I got Bill Cox's book along with the instrument, and have also read the relevant threads here, Sig Lonegren's tutorial and several articles on-line, and watched Bill Cox's tutorial on YouTube. All of these have been most helpful, but the information I am looking for is more of the nuts-and-bolts variety - I'm actually afraid of damaging the Aurameter through ignorant handling and want to be sure that I understand how to work with it properly.

For example, I know from the illustrations and tutorials that one can adjust the pointer up or down, but how exactly is that accomplished? Is it necessary to loosen the screw attaching it to the wand, redirect the pointer, and then retighten the screw - or can one simply twist the pointer up or down?

In many of the photographs I've seen, and also on Mr. Cox's video, it looks as if the Aurameter is actually being handled in a rough way - bending the wand this way and that, holding the instrument by the wand, grasping the spring and moving the whole apparatus in different directions, and so on. Is the instrument actually that sturdy in practice? Am I correct in thinking that the wand can actually be bent in different ways? If one were to drop the instrument accidentally, would it still function properly?

Thank you in advance to anyone who has worked with an Aurameter and can help me to better understand how to use it without abusing it. I'm feeling like the proverbial bull in a china shop!
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Aurameter - Care and Feeding

Post by simonwheeler »

Glad to see another "convert" to the aurameter.
I have never adjusted mine. I have treated it with no particular care, except when folding it up to put back into its bag.
I have dropped it (by mistake- not to test its "road-worthiness"!) and twisted it in different ways. I am often surprised by just how sturdy it actually is. The fact that (I believe) there is a life-time guarantee on it suggests that it is more difficult to damage than its appearance may suggest :P
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you so much Simon, what a relief that is to hear! Considering how sensitive the Aurameter is, its sturdiness comes as very welcome news.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Bonnie - I have an aurameter (that I bought on eBay) that doesn't need to have screw adjusting..the pointer can be moved quite easily to the up or down position without the need for this. Like Simon, I've also dropped it by mistake without any harm. I wouldn't worry too much about its sturdiness as long as you treat it with love & respect! :mrgreen:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Bonny;

The head will loosen up a bit with time and become easier to move, the only time you should need to adjust the screw is if it becomes too loose. They are pretty robust instruments and take a fair bit of abuse. I've sometimes had to straighten the wire on mine if it's got squashed in a suitcase or bag. It still works just fine.
The only issue I would caution you about is making sure you dry it immediately if it gets wet, as the wire can corrode if you don't, especially round the spring.
And I can confirm that they do have a lifetime guarantee - I'm on my second one!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Many thanks, Helen-Healing and Grahame. I'm feeling much more confident as I read your tips and hear your of experiences - and much less like a threat to the Aurameter! :lol:
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Bonnie wrote:I have wanted an Aurameter for the longest time and finally saved up enough to get one. I got Bill Cox's book along with the instrument, and have also read the relevant threads here, Sig Lonegren's tutorial and several articles on-line, and watched Bill Cox's tutorial on YouTube. All of these have been most helpful, but the information I am looking for is more of the nuts-and-bolts variety - I'm actually afraid of damaging the Aurameter through ignorant handling and want to be sure that I understand how to work with it properly.

For example, I know from the illustrations and tutorials that one can adjust the pointer up or down, but how exactly is that accomplished? Is it necessary to loosen the screw attaching it to the wand, redirect the pointer, and then retighten the screw - or can one simply twist the pointer up or down?

In many of the photographs I've seen, and also on Mr. Cox's video, it looks as if the Aurameter is actually being handled in a rough way - bending the wand this way and that, holding the instrument by the wand, grasping the spring and moving the whole apparatus in different directions, and so on. Is the instrument actually that sturdy in practice? Am I correct in thinking that the wand can actually be bent in different ways? If one were to drop the instrument accidentally, would it still function properly?

Thank you in advance to anyone who has worked with an Aurameter and can help me to better understand how to use it without abusing it. I'm feeling like the proverbial bull in a china shop!
I own a Aura meter bought a few years ago from the BDS Shop, ive had it to bit just to see the workings, very simple, i found by trial and error it is possible to use it as a pendulum, also a dowsing wand, both extreamly sensitive, sevral times while i was shareing at the Glastonbury town hall Mind body spirit fayre, i dowsed the hall, the hall is built on part of glastonbury abbey, the energy lines my aura meter picked up were so powerful that it went wild.

I found i could switch off aspects of this energy and just locked on before i dowsed with it to the subject matter i was exploreing.

I think you should just stop thinking it the meter working as all the interaction comes from within your own spiritual flow.
Bryan a some what Dsylexic travler in time and space.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you very much, B.J.C., you make a good point! What you write about your experiences dowsing the Glastonbury Town Hall is fascinating.
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Bonnie wrote:Thank you very much, B.J.C., you make a good point! What you write about your experiences dowsing the Glastonbury Town Hall is fascinating.
Bows your most welcome, the tip is to turn the handle with the rivet face up lightly hold it, try moveing the meter slightly to get best results, look at the meter like sonar, this is best used as a bobler wand, it will actualy act in this way, side to side, make it go into basic yes no mode side to side up and down, a very sensitive dowsing tool, robust, iam still on my first and had no problom with it, when i did at first it was me that was wrong, not the meter.

your lucky to have one.

would bot mind the gold one, mine just bog standard, like me you get what you got and best try working with it.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

I like that idea of thinking about the signal as if it were sonar! That's a nice visual, it makes me think of submarine movies and how interesting it is to watch the scopes and listen for pings. It's a very apt analogy, as really we are all moving the ether as if we were subs in water! I'm glad for your tips on getting to know the Aurameter, and it's good to know that yours is robust and not prone to damage.

Mine is the standard chrome-plated instrument. The copper was tempting, just because I like the look and feel of copper, but I had the sense that chrome would actually work fine for me. The gold must be lovely!

Yes, indeed, I feel very fortunate to have the Aurameter. It took several months to save up for it - knowing there was an Aurameter on the flip-side of a few privations made it a fun endeavor.
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Bonnie wrote:I like that idea of thinking about the signal as if it were sonar! That's a nice visual, it makes me think of submarine movies and how interesting it is to watch the scopes and listen for pings. It's a very apt analogy, as really we are all moving the ether as if we were subs in water! I'm glad for your tips on getting to know the Aurameter, and it's good to know that yours is robust and not prone to damage.

Mine is the standard chrome-plated instrument. The copper was tempting, just because I like the look and feel of copper, but I had the sense that chrome would actually work fine for me. The gold must be lovely!

Yes, indeed, I feel very fortunate to have the Aurameter. It took several months to save up for it - knowing there was an Aurameter on the flip-side of a few privations made it a fun endeavor.
Ive use the meter, as i have prevously stated at a psychic fayre, were i was shareing, giveing free classes on dowsing, let others use mine, it still works fine, very unused, but will get it out i think, and play around with it, i go on river walks in the village i live in, it has a hill fort, might take dog up there, iam a glutton for dowing tools and books too. has some 500 or so on esoteric subjects, good luck und happy dowsing.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Thanks! Best wishes to you, as well.