The Aurameter thread.

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
David

Cameron Aurameter Question

Post by David »

mod I.P. 2.9.10 - split from INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello and good day to you all, my name is David and I live in Angus, Scotland.

I have been dowsing for the last 15 years using rods and various pendulums. I have recently become interested in energy work and will be purchasing the Cameron Aurameter.

I sent away to the U.S for the original handbook by Mr Cameron and I am glad I did so. Lots of very interesting stuff in the handbook and also a short description on how to hold and use the Aurameter. The paragraph below is why I am writing to you folks who have and are able to use this device properly
Hold the instrument with the handle level and with the two screws up. Place the thumb and the forefinger forward of the bearing with the thumb on the left hand side of the wire stem, the forefinger on the right, not pinching the stem but giving it a little play. Now roll the handle slowly one way or the other until the stem stands between the thumb and the finger without touching either. Now set your muscles to prevent balancing, as this will offset the proper functioning of the instrument.
What does he mean by ( Now set your muscles to prevent balancing, as this will offset the proper functioning of the instrument.)?

I get the feeling this would be easier to show in person than try to explain online. But I would greatly appreciate any explanation given.

David.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Re: Cameron Aurameter question

Post by Bonnie »

Hi David, welcome to the forum! Here's a brief YouTube instructional video showing Bill Cox using the Aurameter: Cox

I had to read the book repeatedly and watch the video about 10 times before the working principles sunk in, as the Aurameter has to be experienced in order for the teaching tools to make sense (the reverse of the usual process). You've intuited this already, so you're well on your way! My first questions on the forum were about the Aurameter - I felt very daunted and was terrified of hurting it or doing something wrong. The good people here encouraged me just to go ahead and use it without fear, to jump in, and they were right!

What I've learned is that the Aurameter, itself, will teach you. You will quickly establish a dynamic balance with the device as you hold it and move the body in a way that keeps the Aurameter "alert" and functioning. You'll learn how to "play the edge" so that the device won't flop one way or the other. Your entire body will be brought into the learning process, and you will soon discover that your body is the tool, and the aurameter the pointer. It's almost like dancing - sensitivity increases enormously as one practices. On the video, you'll see Cox bobbing and weaving with the Aurameter, intently relating to it and moving cooperatively with it.

I, too, read the instructions before using the Aurameter because I thought this would give me a "leg up" - but, to my surprise, the book only made sense after I'd simply started using the Aurameter around my house and doing experiments with it. After only a few brief sessions, you will have established your own way of sensing and working with this wonderful device.

You are correct in your supposition that it's easier to demonstrate this than to write about it. Cox's instruction about setting the muscles refers to applying just the right amount of dynamic muscular resistance to allow the device to play, without flopping. This will happen automatically and fluidly as you practice (the word "set" implies a fixity or rigidity that is really not part of the process).

Enjoy your Aurameter!
David

Post by David »

Hi Bonnie, thank's for the prompt reply. I have watched the Youtube clip and I see what you mean now :shock: Never was any good at dancing, looks like I'm going to have to learn sharpish :lol:
Your entire body will be brought into the learning process, and you will soon discover that your body is the tool, and the aurameter the pointer. It's almost like dancing - sensitivity increases enormously as one practices.
I can now appreciate what I was picking up about the difficulty explaining that last bit about setting your muscles, not clear at all in the book. Many thanks for your clear explanation of how it all works.

I am ordering one next week from the BSD site and will let you know how I'm progressing with it.

David
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

David, I was so perplexed initially that I wrote to Bill Cox's widow, Davina, with a couple of questions - maybe copying and pasting the text of my e-mail will be helpful, as they apply to the issue you have raised. Davina answered simply "Yes" to both of my questions (she's very gracious and a woman of few words! :lol:):

I have finally learned how to balance the Aurameter for searching. It was a steep learning curve, until it dawned on me that the instrument, itself, is the teacher - it is so sensitive that it will only work if it's neither too high nor too low, and the hand quickly gets the idea what the best grip is for the individual. The book does say that, and still it's something that has to be experienced to be understood.

One question, if I may: After the wand has swung completely to one side or the other in response to a question or search, am I correct in thinking that one needs to "reset" the Aurameter manually into the neutral forward position? In other words, is the wand heavy enough that inertia keeps it from righting itself automatically (or in response to another question) after it has tipped all the way to one side or the other?

I have watched Mr. Cox's YouTube video several times, and in it he seems to do an intricate dance of bob-and-weave with the Aurameter, as if they are organic extensions of one another - he doesn't seem to pause between right/left swings, but rather his wrist appears to roll and dip slightly between swings as he allows the wand/tip to regain balance. So I'm surmising that the answer to my question is "Yes," and what I'm seeing on the video is a master dowser who has learned to reset the balance in a completely fluid and unselfconscious way - he seems to co-operate with the Aurameter, literally. But I want to run this question by you, in case my amateur eyes are missing something.

Do keep us posted, David!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi David;

Welcome to the forum.
As you have discovered, the Bill Cox book is decidedly idiosyncratic at best, and as Bonnie has said, the best way to learn the Aurameter is just to play with it. It will soon teach you how it works!
Basically hold it with the screws on the underside and the main rod pointing upwards at an angle. Keep your fingers clear of the wire or spring part.
The higher you hold this, the more sensitive it is (just like L-rods). It takes a few days to get the feel of the beast before you can hold it balanced without it flopping all over the place.
The reason it takes a practised dowser to confidently use the Aurameter is that you need to have a very relaxed arm and wrist. It's very common for beginners to tense the arm and wrist and expect their L-rods to move of their own accord. As you get more experienced, the arm and wrist naturally becomes more relaxed and your dowsing reaction becomes a larger gesture. That's the ideal place to be to get the best out of the Aurameter. Be relaxed but confident with it, don't be tentative. Walk at a normal pace. If it suddenly flops sideways and you feel your wrist turning, go with it - follow the tip where it leads.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

The incident that showed me that the Aurameter would be teaching me was when we went looking for a stone circle in the middle of dense woods- and got lost once we left the path. We were trying to follow a map & written directions- and the rods, pendulum and (newly acquired) Aurameter were in pockets/bags....seems decidedly silly now, but hey...live & learn... :oops:
Sudden thought :idea: - let's not wait till we get to the circle to try the Aurameter...let's try it now.
I took out the Aurameter, fiddled a bit and suddenly it felt like a dog on a leash. It actually seemed to pull me in a particular direction. Within a few minutes we were back on a (different) path and although my sense of direction was telling me otherwise, I let the Aurameter guide us. :arrow: It actually showed me (made me?) turn left and right as the arm moved.
Needless to say we came to the circle (from a different direction than the one I was expecting) and the Aurameter stopped.
It was a strange feeling- all that energy pulling me along. I have since learned to be rather more controlled and disciplined with it but find it a remarkable bit of kit...
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
David

Post by David »

Hi Bonnie,
It was a steep learning curve, until it dawned on me that the instrument, itself, is the teacher
This feels right to me somehow and will help me get to grips with it. Seems to be a step up from rods and pendulums more of a holistic balanced movement, more dynamic somehow. Thanks again for your help.

David.
David

Post by David »

Hi Graham,

I am glad I took the time to join the forum as I would have been struggling to make the device work for me with just the book to learn with. Seems I know more than I think I do :lol:

Thank's for the advice Graham any and all help gratefully recieved.

Will contact you on your site tomorrow about tuition.

David.
David

Post by David »

Hi Simon, that's quite a story I'm sure those with you were impressed also. How much influence did the circle exert on your Aurameter and your subsequent finding of the circle? Have you tried a similar type experiment with no stone circles about?
all that energy pulling me along. I have since learned to be rather more controlled and disciplined with it but find it a remarkable bit of kit...

Could you give me a short explanation of the above please?

Hope the weather is nice up where you are it's been great down here, the farmers are going haywire getting in the harvests :lol:

David
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

How much influence did the circle exert on your Aurameter and your subsequent finding of the circle? Have you tried a similar type experiment with no stone circles about?
Interesting question. After arriving at the circle we took a breather and organised ourselves. I had tape measures and flags & cones for marking out. For some reason - and I never realised this at the time- I left the Aurameter aside and used rods and pendulum for investigating the circle (which was only partial, small and tricky to "uncover").
I drew the circle, and immediate environs on paper, and then set this aside. I used the Aurameter next to "check" our findings that we'd had with pendulum and rods. This was the first time I'd used the Aurameter "in the field." It behaved as if it was both a pendulum and rods, depending upon how I held it. There was no major discernible difference in the feeling of the Aurameter...except it could do everything; previously I had used rods for tracking and pendulum for questions (putting it simplistically!!). So, my assumption is that the circle had little influence on the Aurameter...what was influencing it when we were "lost" was my wish to "not be lost"!
I have, since, used the Aurameter as a sort of map and compass- although rods can do this for me, I find the Aurameter more sensitive, yet somehow "stronger"...maybe best described as a greater amplifier?
As for the
learned to be rather more controlled and disciplined with it but find it a remarkable bit of kit
it is, I suppose, like many of my "alternative/esoteric (whatever words you want) experiences"....it is important to remember that you (I) are always in charge/control. When having my first psychic experiences I used to get very strong physical & emotional reactions. At the time they were handy because they helped me realise that what was happening was real & genuine. However, they soon became unnecessary and intrusive- because I learned to trust myself....and I didn't need them. If they started I would ask for them to leave- and they did...but the clairvoyance etc remained. I now find that I usually recognise the psychic experience for what it is and don't need the physical/emotional reactions...however, I have, on occasion, dismissed a psychic experience as being unreal and been given a "kick up the backside" as a reminder.
So, in my first major experience with the Aurameter I'd let it run the show. It was, in all senses of the word "exciting". But now it is me in charge of the Aurameter and not the other way around.
Sorry- that's as brief as I can be...

(And the weather here is great at present...this is our summer! No rain, little cloud, sunny and warm. Farmers are harvesting like mad...although it looks as if potato blight is still a problem)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I wish someone would do a workshop on aurameters down my neck of the woods, I'd enjoy that.

I've just browsed your website, Grahame - I didn't realise you had one! :oops: (Of course you must have one!) Very good. I left a question for you!
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Helen-Healing wrote:I've just browsed your website, Grahame - I didn't realise you had one! :oops: (Of course you must have one!) Very good. I left a question for you!
And I've answered it! Thanks for your comment - that's the first one in weeks that hasn't been spam. :roll:

An Aurameter workshop? Hmmmm.... I wonder if we could arrange something. I might be in London at the end of October for a week or so...
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

This article was also helpful to me when I got my Aurameter: Using the Aurameter. Scroll down to Huna Bulletin 70 (and be sure to click on the Read More link).

Grahame, your workshop sounds wonderful. Blessings to all attendees.

(EDIT 03/16 - link updated so it goes to correct page - GG)
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Grahame Gardner wrote:An Aurameter workshop? Hmmmm.... I wonder if we could arrange something. I might be in London at the end of October for a week or so...
That sounds interesting & exciting! 8) I'll PM you.
David

Post by David »

Thank's Bonnie

A good link on the Aurameter and as an added bonus there was a short article on Hypnosis and the use of a Huna technique to break down client resistance to the help they need. This is an area I have been involved with for years. I can also understand why the Hypnotists wouldn't/couldn't take these ideas onboard.

David.