Antique Pendulum

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Re: Antique Pendulum

Post by Bonnie »

Hi Rick, sounds like your learning process is steady and strong - you and your antique pendulum seem to be getting along nicely! As you accustom yourself to the rhythm of this interaction, you might find yourself becoming less concerned with "making" the pendulum swing for longer or shorter periods of time, programming it tightly and so on - if I may anthropomorphize a bit, it sounds as if your pendulum is an experienced hand at this sort of thing, and might have a broad range of expression, capable of very useful subtleties (a worthy colleague, indeed).
Lizard
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lizard »

Greetings Bonnie,
Yes, I do believe it has a mind of it's own. We just seem to be on different pages at the moment. Like the dog trying to teach the tricks instead of the other way around. Unlike the nut on a string, it does feel right and seems to respond so I will concentrate on it mostly. I have taken it out on some short hunts, not to actively participate, but just for it to be around the electronics and other gear it will be working with. This spring I will let it take the lead on a hunt and see what happens.

It has made a hit with some of my metal detecting friends though. They have given it the nickname of "The Wicked Witch Stick" and tease me about causing all the strange weather around the world by playing with it. One has to have a sense of humor around that bunch. LOL I wonder what they will call it when it leads me to a really nice "find" one day?

For now it's just practice, practice and more practice.
Rick
*** The Village Idiot ***
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Lizard wrote:I have taken it out on some short hunts, not to actively participate, but just for it to be around the electronics and other gear it will be working with. This spring I will let it take the lead on a hunt and see what happens.
Great metaphor! What you're doing sounds so interesting.
Lizard
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lizard »

Thanks,
I think it will be fun experimenting with it in the field. The area I will try it in is new growth woods where several early 1900's homes were located. The hope is that it can pinpoint these home sites and their associated bottle dumps.
*** The Village Idiot ***