dowsing tools...

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
firedancer

Re: dowsing tools...

Post by firedancer »

DarkChestofWonders,
No, but thank you for the link. I will investigate it just as soon as I finish this post. I tried to locate the site I was talking about earlier and so far no luck. I will continue looking as it was a great site on pendulums and any cautions you should be aware of before using some of them. They also explained what was good for a beginner to use and what was recommended for more experienced dowsers. Something I wish I would of came upon before getting my first one. This is what set me on the path to investigate before I bought another.

Here is a site I do look at and it does have a bit of information. It states that they ship their Karnaks disassembled.

http://www.intuitivedowsing.com/karnak-brass-pendulum/
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

For me this thread epitomises one of the problems of which we must always be aware. Whilst undoubtedly there are "hidden forces", in several senses of the phrase, we must be wary of "magical thinking".
But then that's a whole new thread.... :mrgreen: :lol: :roll:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Simon is absolutely correct. I have several pendulums including Isis, Mermet, Karnak. I don't keep my Karnak pendulum in two pieces and just treat it as any other pendulum. I have no particular attachment to any of them and will grab whatever one is at hand at the time.

These ideas only affect (or infect!) your beliefs as much as you allow them to. That's why the BSD does not generally subscribe to those methods of working; any such system of symbolism is just a mental prop. All too soon those props become supports that you can't work without, and that's when you find that your dowsing ability is limited, because you can't dowse without that particular pendulum, or that particular selection of witnesses, or that particular pendulum chart.

Keep it simple, keep it flexible. A good dowser should be able to adapt to any situation and dowse with whatever tool is at hand - or none at all.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
firedancer

Post by firedancer »

Grahame Gardner wrote:These ideas only affect (or infect!) your beliefs as much as you allow them to
I absolutely agree with you there 100%. Negative thoughts can bring negative results on the person whom fully believes something to be true even when it is not.
Grahame Gardner wrote: All too soon those props become supports that you can't work without, and that's when you find that your dowsing ability is limited, because you can't dowse without that particular pendulum, or that particular selection of witnesses, or that particular pendulum chart.
Thanks to this board's articles and the good advice I have been receiving, I shall not fall into that trap.
simonwheeler wrote: we must be wary of "magical thinking
This is so very true. Magic for me is magicians, which is really not magic at all but slight of hand, props, mirrors and a very good distraction technique by the performer.

Is there a thing as magic in the world? This I can not say as I can neither prove nor disprove it, lacking the skills to do so. I will always keep an open mind that anything is possible and it is not my place in this world to interfere with anyone on their beliefs.
Last edited by firedancer on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

simonwheeler wrote:we must be wary of "magical thinking".
Jar spoon, spoon jar. Just like that! Ah-ha ha ha!

Ian :mrgreen: