dowsing tools...

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

dowsing tools...

Post by ledgehammer »

Hi, have been doing some thinking and am wondering what other tools are available for dowsing, I know of pendulum and metal d rods, but nothing else. Has anyone got any other methods? Are rods metal due to practicality or are they more sensative, although I understand its conciousness which is the biggest factor... Does anyone not use tools at all and visualise an image or colour, or a yes or a no when dowsing. I know crystals are used for healing, can they also be used for dowsing e.t.c I would be gratefully for Any feedback...
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: dowsing tools...

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Ledgehammer,
Why use tools when with a bit of perseverance you can become deviceless and begin to pick up the emotions as well as info at a faster rate from the one you are in telepathic contact with.
I achieved this over 25 years ago now and still being shown other physical movement options, others may have advanced more than me.
Similar to writing letters when there is a keyboard in front of you.
Arthur
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Arthur: others may have advanced more than me.
makes it sound almost competitive- which I'm sure you don't intend. For me it's a case of "horses for courses"-there's a place (and time) for the shire horse, the pony and the thoroughbred race horse; there's a place for the dirt bike and for the hybrid saloon...etc etc. And the same could be said to be the case not only for what tools to use but whether or not to use dowsing- there's also maybe a place for shamanist, clairvoyant etc activity when in pursuit of the same goal.
:)

Ledgehammer- not all rods are metal or D; and pendulums can be made of many things, too. Much of the "choice" is down to personal preference- which means, as always, trying things out & learning experientially.
Search this forum for "aurameter"- which some see (especially the price!!) as the "Rolls Royce" of tools.
I use a pendulum, rods (usually metal but I have a V plastic rod too) , the aurameter and sometimes deviceless- according to circumstances...such as where I am, what I want to uncover, who is around, the weather and how I am feeling in general....

Have a look at what is on offer here as a starting point.

:)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I have just received one of the shop's new V-rods, and I have to say they are a lovely piece of kit to use and beautifully constructed. The chamber at the end can be removed for a witness sample, and the wire-wound handles actually swivel in the hands making it much more responsive than the plastic ones.
The V-rod has never been my favourite dowsing tool, and this won't replace my aurameter for most jobs, but I'll certainly be more inclined to use this V-rod when the occasion calls for it.
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Grahame Gardner wrote:I have just received one of the shop's new V-rods
Can you expand a bit on the 'copper spiral handles' please, Grahame? (As there is no closeup of this.)
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

A while ago we had a dowser come put a water pump in at our house and his main tool was a Y rod, but he also used a glass bottle half filled with water on his hand and a brick upright on his hand. Both items would fall off at the place where the water was.
Practice random acts of kindness
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Satyr wrote:A while ago we had a dowser come put a water pump in at our house and his main tool was a Y rod, but he also used a glass bottle half filled with water on his hand and a brick upright on his hand. Both items would fall off at the place where the water was.
Wow - I wonder what the brick had to do with it?! :mrgreen:
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

I make dowsing tools out of whatever I sense will interact best.
I have found carbon fibre to be the best so far.
I obtain from fishing tackle shops the off cuts from the tapered ends of carbon fibre fishing poles.
They cut-off the end 18 inch to enable elastic to be inserted within the poles to better fight the fishs.
These off-cuts I paint in vivid colours, flourescent.
I insert into the large diameter ends metal brass handles bent at ninty degrees, the handle are six inch long with a two inch part inserted into the carbon fibre .
The two inch bit I bend slightly to give a tight fit, they can be thus readily pulled apart, and kept in ones pocket.
I assure You all of the sensitivity of carbon fibre, it is after all spiral wound carbon, and the signals We deal with are similer, imho.
The carbon part is super rigid, and thus never bends, and with them painted in flourescent give excellent visual effects, I did this to obtain very accurate orientations of leyline geometries, when I was obsessed with plotting them.I used to wear a ships compass held in front of myself, and I could very speedily take hundreds of orientations on my own.
I sense also that I am in perfect attunement with that which I am thinking of via carbon fibre.
I consider that the Egyptians were though the real masters of this, and I frequent the British museum looking at objects from a dowsing point of view.
Kevin
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Helen-Healing wrote:Can you expand a bit on the 'copper spiral handles' please, Grahame? (As there is no closeup of this.)
Hard to describe... they are a tight-wound spiral coil of heavy-duty copper wire wound around the inner core of the rod, that is secured spring-like between two brass grommets. The coil is free to swivel around the core between the brass grommets.
The actual 'rod' bits have a piano-wire core covered with sleeving. The end is crimped into a brass shoe, and there is another brass cylinder (the witness chamber) that is a push-fit on the end. They have a lovely action, and look very classy.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

simonwheeler wrote:
makes it sound almost competitive- which I'm sure you don't intend. For me it's a case of "horses for courses"-there's a place (and time) for the shire horse, the pony and the thoroughbred race horse; there's a place for the dirt bike and for the hybrid saloon...etc etc. And the same could be said to be the case not only for what tools to use but whether or not to use dowsing- there's also maybe a place for shamanist, clairvoyant etc activity when in pursuit of the same goal.
Sorry Simon I don`t get your gist.

Arthur

(mod - quote markup correctred - GG)
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Thanks all, some interesting food for thought, I look forward to learning to use some different methods and sharing in the future. I see the tools as unimportant, more of an extension of ourselves, when crossing energy currents I have experienced a sensation in my hands, sometimes temperature change, also I jelly like sensation in the legs, I am revisiting some of these sites and seeing if I can confirm this with rods...I remember the first time I got a reaction with my rods, it seemed like they had their own conciousness...
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Helen-Healing wrote:
Satyr wrote:A while ago we had a dowser come put a water pump in at our house and his main tool was a Y rod, but he also used a glass bottle half filled with water on his hand and a brick upright on his hand. Both items would fall off at the place where the water was.
Wow - I wonder what the brick had to do with it?! :mrgreen:
LOL I actually don't think the brick had anything to do with it, it was just something to hold on his hand to react to the water - although I guess the 'substance' of brick makes it sucessiptable to water.....

Funnily enough, this guy had no idea about pendulums, so I made him one and gave him some instructions on how to use it. I actually wish I knew if he did use it or not.
Practice random acts of kindness
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

also I jelly like sensation in the legs,

I get that walking to the shops, I think its old age.
Going to try Kevins idea,carbon fibre rods,and high viz paint, very posh :mrgreen:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

OK then, so who here has tried this as a tool?!

Last edited by Grahame on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: replaced broken link with direct YouTube link
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

More about the AISD in the up-coming e-newsletter...

And now, back on topic...

I actually find the BSD V-rods a bit slower to respond in so far as the action is more gradual, smoother. Much depends on your grip etc. though...

Basically you have a copper coil on the outside of the end of each arm of the rod and the arms rotate freely relative to the coil. The coil is tough but plyable, it bends as you tension the rod.

Ian