When dowsing just won't work.

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

When dowsing just won't work.

Post by Lynnie »

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience of thoughts on the possible reason of why one's dowsing won't work for a particular subject. I've been working on a particular health issue and my pendulum just will not talk to me. I've asked if it's being blocked from doing so, if it's because it wants me to figure out the answers for myself, if it's too complicated, if I don't have the knowledge to ask the right questions. I've dowsed till I'm blue in the face and I just can't get any answers. I can dowse on everything else as usual but if I ask will it help me with the health issue, it's no, no, no. It's so frustrating! I just don't understand why it won't speak to me on this subject, I've tried cleansing, asking nicely, using another pendulum. Any thoughts ?!

Best wishes to all

Lynnie
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: When dowsing just won't work.

Post by Helen-Healing »

Lynnie, could it be that perhaps you yourself don't really want to know the answer?
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I can assure you I ABSOLUTELY DO want to know the answer: I've been dowsing on and off trying to get an answer for years. If I had the answer, I could start to work on a cure!
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Maybe you're wanting it too much (as evidenced by uppercase in your reply) and trying too hard?
I know it can sound crass and distinctly unhelpful to say that...it's the old "Don't think of an elephant" syndrome...when once that's said all you can think of is... etc etc...

The epithet that dowsing works best when you don't know the answer and don't care what the answer is, is, I think, a good one. Easier said than done- especially when dowsing for oneself.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

You say you're getting a constant stream of 'no's, Lynnie. That at least is communication. If you can dowse other subjects, you should be able to dowse health problems because health is not a trivial matter from the perspective of those who guide us.

I have the same problem as you but the reason (as far as I can determine) that I'm not making progress is that I'm supposed to fix my own health problems by following the paths of herbalism and alchemy, and the guys upstairs are refusing to subsidise my laziness. That limitation does not necessarily apply to you. (I'm required to make the Seven spagyric Basics to see what effect they have on my system before I can address health issues. I'm learning theory which I'm supposed to check by experiment).

The more you know about esoterics in general the better able you are to ask pertinent questions. If your knowledge base is currently narrow you may need to widen it before you get the answers you require. Remember also that with a binary system there is zero scope for nuanced communication and that what you consider a refusal to answer your questions may simply be a way of attracting your attention to another subject.

All I can suggest is that you keep trying new questions until you get a 'yes', frustrating though that may be. This is probably an important learning experience for you, leading you on to new areas of understanding.

Questions to try:

1. Is there a book you wish me to read?
2. Am I battling karmic limitations?
3. Am I to tread a new spiritual path/meditation technique?
4. By refusing answers on health are you indicating a change of subject?
5. Are you, my respondent, not competent to answer questions on health?
Last edited by Lyndon Ronstadt on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I have the same problem as you but the reason (as far as I can determine) is that I'm supposed to fix my own health problems

Thank you Lyndon, I have a feeling that may be the reason why I'm not getting any help but I've asked that question time and time again and it just keeps saying no but it's not the kind of swing I get for a normal no (difficult to describe) it's almost a rabid no, it's most peculiar but if I ask about any other subject, it's business as normal. You've given me some new questions to ask. Although disappointed that my pendulum is not helping me, I wouldn't mind so much if I knew why.

Glad to know it's not just me.

Lynnie
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I’ve been thinking about this a bit more overnight. This morning when I asked my pendulum that if I got the correct answer in terms of it not helping me, would it tell me and it even said no to that. So it seems fairly clear that as far as dowsing is concerned I’m on my own. Which is so disappointing as in the past, working together, I’ve solved some really challenging health issues.

I have very successfully in the past used both Tapas Acupressure Technique and also EFT (emotional freedom technique) to heal emotional trauma and also a severely upset stomach. Obviously, I’ve used both techniques, many times, for my current health issue to no avail. I have a comprehensive set of nutritional dowsing charts and I’ve been through all several times to see if there are any nutrients (or herbal supplements) I would benefit from/would cure it but nothing came up.

At one point I did a meditation on the throat chakra (which would be the one affected) and got a strong sense that the throat chakra had reversed polarity through trauma. Dowsing told me I could reverse this to the correct polarity by having a session of cranio sacral therapy and combine this with blue over blue aura soma liquid. It was a very powerful experience and subsequent dowsing confirmed that the chakra was now on the correct polarity.

I have spent many hours on the internet searching peoples’ experiences similar to mine and have listed all possible causes and researched the symptoms and whether they relate to my experience. I then took that list to the doctors and went through each one. We came up with blood tests to test for vit b12 deficiency and low blood platelets, both of which can cause my problem – both came back normal as did a test for anaemia.

So I started to think about it a bit more laterally and consider what could cause health problems in the body: I came up with:

1 Deficiency in vitamins/minerals/amino acids.
2 Reaction/sensitivity to food/drink/toxins in and around you.
3 An imbalance or disease within the body.

So I’m not sitting idly expecting my pendulum to solve it for me, I’m fully prepared to do whatever is necessary to cure this but without any guidance I feel as though I’m floundering in the dark. My current ‘flounder’ is homeopathy which so far hasn’t worked.

Lynnie
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

with the kindest regard,

let it go, perhaps you are not meant to know or the answer is as yet undetirmined .

personally as frustrating as this may be, be pleased you are not being misdirected, or given a false answer out of your own desire to know.

if its important and not time dependant then let the answer find you at a later date...

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

FWIW, I agree with Tom. (If this was Facebook I'd "Like" his post!) Try to let it go. By doing so you will be making space for the answer to come. At present the space seems bloated with possibilities and confusion and frustration and disappointment. Letting it go does not mean giving up-and maybe it's the most difficult thing for you to do - but it may also be the way forward. It is potentially the most empowering solution...
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Both Simon and Tom's posts make sense to me, some wise words.

IMHO, is it possible that you may have got to the point where you are trying too hard to solve this?

Sometimes it is beneficial for us to step away from the question or problem for a bit (days or even weeks) and then go back to it after while, sometimes we then get an "ah ha" moment where things start to fall into place.

At the moment it seems like it's not meant to be, but maybe later.

Best Wishes
Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I don't know how to respond to the thought of leaving it alone. I would have had natural breaks over the five years or so that this has been happening. Trouble if you knew how distressing it is, to have to powder down museli so I can eat it, to liquidise meals if I get an attack, to have to be 'careful' every time I eat, so I can never really relax and enjoy food - hence the significant weight loss. That this effects me three times a day, seven days a week. I've been to see a medium about this as well as there doesn't seem to be any straightforward answer from spirit either. However, the medium's guide suggested I try manuka honey, so I may try that next after the homeopathy, if that doesn't work.

Anyway guys, thanks for the words and support.

Lynnie
jimuazu

Post by jimuazu »

Lynnie wrote:So I started to think about it a bit more laterally and consider what could cause health problems in the body: I came up with:

1 Deficiency in vitamins/minerals/amino acids.
2 Reaction/sensitivity to food/drink/toxins in and around you.
3 An imbalance or disease within the body.
To me it seems that your list is a bit short. I mean one obvious biggie might be trauma, which is something that you'd consciously want to solve, but unconsciously resist with all your energetic strength -- which might well mess up your dowsing. Or looking at the same thing (trauma) from an energetic perspective you might say there was some heavy stuck energy in that area.

Some of the stuff I've solved in life has been in little 'windows' of opportunity, i.e. the way forward wasn't open to me, but I kept on waiting for a chance to move forward. To do this you have to 'intend' that you find a solution, and hold that intent continuously for long periods. This is called "knowing that you are waiting, and knowing what you are waiting for". 'Intent' for me is a shape/form you hold around your belly-centre area where your energetic self can act on it. Once that is set up, you can relax from the conscious battle with it, because it is all set up to move forward semi-consciously when conditions become right. (Instead of 'intent' you could substitute 'prayer' I suppose if that works for you -- sometimes I think that "them up there" were waiting to see how much suffering I was willing to go through for a solution, so "praying" with some degree of desperation may well work.)

There are so many ways the solution might come to you, apart from holding the intent or "putting it out there", you have to be ready for an answer to come from just about anywhere. Maybe you'd have to work through some other disease expression before it shifts, like a flu or who knows what. (I had a huge intensely painful boil in my throat once which was something or other coming out, not sure what.) If things are moving in any way, that is good.

Or, if you feel comfortable with the idea, you could imagine the current symptoms 10 times worse and see where that takes you. (Maybe have someone around in case it gets out of hand.)

BTW, I'm still trying to understand the culture here behind the dowsing. My background is Toltec, with Amazonian plant shamanism, Taoism and Reiki in there as well. Almost all of the healing I do is in the non-physical, so doesn't encounter the objections of materialists because they have no idea what I'm doing, whereas dowsing seems to cross into the physical realm where materialists think they have some authority. I was asking not so long ago about bending/manipulating physical reality, and that also touches on objections from materialists (and perhaps some difficulty integrating with my own scientific training!), so maybe that is why I am here. Hope I'm not taking things off-topic.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I was aware my list was short, which was the reason why I put it up to see if I could add to it.

I feel very positive that this will be resolved, I just have to find the reason and if not that, the cure.

I'm currently taking Natrum Mur but my list of things to try gets ever longer. Ironic that you should post now as I have been doing some reading about the White Brotherhood Medical Assistance Programme and wondered if anyone had any experiences, good or bad?

Best wishes

Lynnie
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

What? Where? ... (yawn, stretch). Who mentioned White Brotherhood Medical Assistance Programme?

(rubs eyes, focuses) Ah yes, Lynnie.

I have some experience of this.

There are two aspects to MAP. The talking to people who apparently aren't there in the hope they will fix your medical problems - and the flower essence, ETS+ which one is supposed to take prior to a MAP session.

Now, I have the greatest respect for Machaelle Small Write and, if you should read about her early childhood you will probably wonder as I did how she managed to make good without first passing through the homicidal maniac stage. Parental neglect doesn't cover it. She is not the usual mystic mumbo-jumbo-ist and is highly readable with a good sense of humour. Well balanced. She was the motivator who led me to discover my dowsing ability - which I needed so I could follow her example and become a co-creative gardener. And no, I didn't, but that's another story.

My experience of MAP is part positive, part negative. The talking to people who apparently aren't there didn't bring results for me but I found the ETS+ quite useful. Some years back I suffered chronic abdominal pain which NHS Direct suggested was caused by acid indigestion and prescribed milk and antacid tablets, neither of which had any effect. Eventually I cured it almost instantly by drinking a glass of wine. ACID indigestion?

But this was after I'd tried other things, including ETS+. What I discovered was that ETS+ did work, but it look some time to bring results. Taking the prescribed dosage every ten minutes for an hour or so did bring a modicum of relief sufficient for me to fall asleep. When eventually I woke up the pain had mysteriously vanished.

The difficulty we all have when faced with urgent problems is that our rational minds tend to filter out possible solutions simply because they are new and cannot be justified on the back of what science already knows. If however we say 'firk it, I'll try it anyway' we may stumble on something that, while logically naff, is actually effective. I've found this, as I've said, with ETS+ and, would you believe, have cured painful finger and knee joints by trying an alleged means of doing astral projection. I was too lazy to raise the energy of all my minor chakras as the book suggested, but doing the exercise for just the painful joints, while not actually sending me into orbit, was remarkable effective at relieving pain.

I suggest you try ETS+ first, Lynnie, then MAP. If that doesn't work there's always eye of newt and knee of toad. We have no choice, it seems, but to keep trying.

Best of luck.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Lyndon, that seems a tad cynical for something that seems to have worked for you!

Flower essences I know about (and have used) but what is ETS?

Lynnie