Advice On Rod Movement Sought

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Erainn

Advice On Rod Movement Sought

Post by Erainn »

Yesterday during a rain soaked day out on the Downs I came across a number of trees, the contortions of which reminded me of those found on Raths in Ireland, associated with the Sidhe (fairy-folk). So I thought I would give my rods a work-out. On slowly approaching one such specimen, without any thought or question in mind, on getting close to it the rods swung widely apart. I wonder if anyone with more knowledge and experience in Dowsing could advise me what that movement generally signifies? Hope someone can advise. thanks :)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Advice On Rod Movement Sought

Post by Grahame »

Hi Erainn,

Some trees are good indicators of strong underground water flows. You will often find branches growing outwards, downwards or even twisting around until they get over a water vein before they grow upwards. When the entire tree is very twisted, it usually indicates that it is growing over a blind spring or some other vortex energy. Here's a couple of examples:

Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Erainn

Post by Erainn »

Grahame, thank you kindly for taking the time to share what is very helpful and fascinating information. On the matter of the rod movement, is there a recognized movement outwards when dowsing such trees? Presumably if rods (with no particular question in mind) crossed it would indicate a different feature? Would it then be fair to say that the outward movement of rods in such a location would signify in general blind springs? Regards, Erainn
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

The usual reaction that most people get with rods when directly over a blind spring is for them to develop a 'helicopter' movement and spin completely around. For detecting the edges of vortices, I find a bobber or aurameter better than rods - for me the tip will move in small circles if the vortex is approached sideways on.
But there's no set reaction, it depends on how you yourself have programmed your rods. It's really a question of interpreting your own reactions - you need to experiment, and 'ask' what the rod movement is telling you, e.g. "is this showing me the edge of a vortex?", "is the flow upwards or downwards"... and so on. We each develop our own particular responses.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Erainn

Post by Erainn »

Grahame,Thank you so much for your advice on that, I shall certainly put your guidance into practice :)