Experimenting with dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Mick

Experimenting with dowsing

Post by Mick »

I bought an acreage last autumn, and shortly afterwards the house burned down. The Mrs and me have decided to build a new house close to where the old one was and called the phone and gas people to locate the underground lines so that we could begin excavating without causing unnecessary damage. I was there when the gas bloke arrived, he connected a power source to the gas line which enabled him to use his detector, and he marked out the gas line on the surface, the phone line markings were already in place.
Three weeks ago I got a plumber to give us a visit for an estimate, and he wanted to check the well, and how good the source was. After peering down the well he got his diving rods out and walked about before saying that it was a good well with plenty of water. I asked if I could have a go with his divining rods and got an instant result, which pleasantly surprised me, it seemed to work as well for me as it did for him. I then asked him which direction the water came from but he was unable to say, as I asked him I noticed that the rods both swung to my right. A minute later I asked the rods out loud to show me the direction the water was coming from and again they swung in the same direction. I asked the plumber what the rods were made of and he said they were a special metal. I now know they were just coat hanger wire, they were exactly the same as the ones I have since made for myself. I got the impression that he was a bit pissed off.

I thought I should do some experimenting and went to the place where the gas and phone lines were buried, I found the gas line straight away. I then tried to find the phone line which was just a few feet away, I found that too. I noticed that the rods crossed when I located what I was looking for, but that they would swing outwards as soon as I had passed it. If I turned round and walked the other way the rods would cross again as I approached and then swing outwards again. I then tried to find the gas line ( which I did ) but I did not stop walking and walked right over the phone line which it did not locate. I then tried to locate the phone line ( which I did ) and again carried on walking and over the gas line which it did not locate. I did this several times over the next few days with different people present, but they were as mystified as I was. One of these people was an electrician, he asked me how deep the gas line was, I said I have no idea. He said " I know how deep the gas lines are buried but just wanted to see if you could tell me " I then had an idea. I asked is it one foot, ( nothing ) two feet,( nothing ) three feet,( nothing ) four feet Bingo ! I then asked the rods if there was anything valuable on the property and they told me yes, I then asked the rods to show me where it was and they pointed at the well. :)

My wife has no luck with the rods at all, but I had another idea. There are three places in the living room that give a strong water reading, there is a pressure tank, a hot water tank, and a water softener in the basement below. I got my wife to walk slowly with a pendulum while I stood motionless holding the rods, when she got to the spots where I know the water is the rods would cross then swing outwards the same as if I was walking there myself. I then got my wife to hold the rods, and I did as she did with the pendulum, nothing happened. I then took the rods back and turned to face the wall while she waked in the same places as before, when the rods crossed I shouted stop and turned around to see if she had located the same spots as before, she had.

Yesterday evening I had another idea, I got her to stand in front of me with her arms held apart holding a coin in one of her clenched fists. I asked the rods to point to the fist with the coin and they did, she then put her hands behind her back so I would not know which one was holding the coin and held he arms out again, again they pointed to the fist with the coin. We did this ten times and nine times it pointed to the fist with the coin. One one occasion it would not point so I held the rods over her left fist and got no response, I tried her right fist and got a positive, the coin was in her right fist. 10 out 10 ! I was really confident.

First thing this morning we tried the coin thing again but the rods were not working at all, when I tried holding them over one fist at a time I would get a positive from both fists. We tried again this afternoon, same thing. Everything else works the same as before but I can no longer tell which hand is holding the coin. What am I doing wrong :?:
willie

Re: Experimenting with dowsing

Post by willie »

Hello and welcome, you are doing nothing wrong. The following is an opinion and probably one of many. When dowsing does not work you need to step back and look at yourself. You say you can find underground stuff still but not do "where is the coin hidden" stuff. My take on this is the higher authority saying look Mick we both know you can find which hand the coin is in but what use is this "trick" to anyone. There is more value to the dowsing ability you have that been able to find a coin in a hand. Think back to the response of something valuable on this land and the rods pointing to the well, was that your initial thinking when you asked the question, probably not but you probably appreciate the well and understand how valuable it really is to the land and you living on it. Figure out what dowsing means to you and ask the heavy question of should I focus on pleasure/professional dowsing. Should I help people with illness? find water? geopathic stress? help animals, earth energies? etc etc. Go and enjoy your journey and personally I would say focus on 1 or 2 subjects and become proficient at them. Protect yourself from spiritual harm and work ethically and you will have years of happiness.
All the best
Willie
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

If this were Facebook I'd "LIke" Willie's response. He makes many excellent points.
I will add that maybe you ask the rods or pendulum the questions- good practice for asking highly specific yes/no questions and widening your mind (and heart) to possibilities.
Eventually you might find that this has "Jump-started" deeper intuitive knowing....but even then it's worth asking the rod/pendulum as a check. It's also important not to rely on them for everything.
Practice. And more practice. And more. All of us are always learning.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Mick

Post by Mick »

willie wrote:Hello and welcome, you are doing nothing wrong. The following is an opinion and probably one of many. When dowsing does not work you need to step back and look at yourself. You say you can find underground stuff still but not do "where is the coin hidden" stuff. My take on this is the higher authority saying look Mick we both know you can find which hand the coin is in but what use is this "trick" to anyone. There is more value to the dowsing ability you have that been able to find a coin in a hand. Think back to the response of something valuable on this land and the rods pointing to the well, was that your initial thinking when you asked the question, probably not but you probably appreciate the well and understand how valuable it really is to the land and you living on it. Figure out what dowsing means to you and ask the heavy question of should I focus on pleasure/professional dowsing. Should I help people with illness? find water? geopathic stress? help animals, earth energies? etc etc. Go and enjoy your journey and personally I would say focus on 1 or 2 subjects and become proficient at them. Protect yourself from spiritual harm and work ethically and you will have years of happiness.
All the best
Willie
Hello Willie. I was going to film myself finding which hand was holding the coin and post it on the net, but when I went to do it I ended up with nothing to show. At the moment this is all new to me, but I'm still very pleased even though I'm not allowed to demonstrate it to all and sundry. With regard to the response to " is there something valuable here " it made both me and the electrician laugh, we both knew it was obvious and true but I had a completely open mind when I asked the question.

What it means to me exactly is difficult to explain, but it feels a bit like finding a long lost friend.
Last edited by Mick on Thu May 29, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick

Post by Mick »

simonwheeler wrote:If this were Facebook I'd "LIke" Willie's response. He makes many excellent points.
I will add that maybe you ask the rods or pendulum the questions- good practice for asking highly specific yes/no questions and widening your mind (and heart) to possibilities.
Eventually you might find that this has "Jump-started" deeper intuitive knowing....but even then it's worth asking the rod/pendulum as a check. It's also important not to rely on them for everything.
Practice. And more practice. And more. All of us are always learning.
Intuition tells me that I should not ask it questions that are trivial, and I should not ask questions too often. To me it feels like for anything other than finding water or birds nests etc it' should only be woken when it's important. It's like there are two levels, if you know what I mean ? :)

I have just found that one rod works just as well as two.
Mick

Post by Mick »

I'm now fairly sure it's the dowser that subconsciously makes the rods move. For example I can say 'show me the well' and it will point to the well. I can say " show me the ugly bastard" when I'm with a bunch of people and it will point at the person I'm thinking of. I can say "show me the best looking person here' and the rods will swing right round and point at me. It points to what I want it to point to whether I know where it is or not. I think the rods are an indicator for what the subconscious and conscious is telling me. I have noticed that it's most responsive if I am relaxed and in a carefree mood. If I am anxious to prove a point (and therefor stressed ), it does not work. It automatically blocks whatever senses are needed to dowse.

This is my best guess so far as to what is going on. What do you think ? :?:
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mick wrote:I'm now fairly sure it's the dowser that subconsciously makes the rods move. For example I can say 'show me the well' and it will point to the well. I can say " show me the ugly bastard" when I'm with a bunch of people and it will point at the person I'm thinking of. I can say "show me the best looking person here' and the rods will swing right round and point at me. It points to what I want it to point to whether I know where it is or not. I think the rods are an indicator for what the subconscious and conscious is telling me. I have noticed that it's most responsive if I am relaxed and in a carefree mood. If I am anxious to prove a point (and therefor stressed ), it does not work. It automatically blocks whatever senses are needed to dowse.

This is my best guess so far as to what is going on. What do you think ? :?:
Try dowsing with noone else present, Dowsing people is probably something you should do a little further on IMO.

Try dowsing something you know little about that way there are less preconceptions, also more difficult, but try not to dowse for results at first, it will come, but you have to rid yourself of the "scientist mode" while dowsing.

It took me a while to get dowsing. I laid out some wire on the floor and walked towards it asking the rods to open up when I reached the wire. It took a while but I managed to programme myself to do it. Once you have this you can practice abover water pipes if you know roughly where they are, when you are confident that you can get open responses with visible targets, try substituting in others,

I then started with earth energy in the woods, I found an area that felt right and the rods generally pointed me to this area, I then spent hours dowsing for earth energy lines. If you imagine a current of invisible energy, and that when you reach this current the rods will be affected by it and will open and press against the edge of the energy while you walk through it. I recorded the layout of the lines, and worked out ways of measuring the lines further down, for you thins may be different > we all have our methods, but the key thing is to be able to go in and out of dowsing mode, being the creative, intuitive part of the brain, when you have dowsed you should record your findings and for this you enter logical scientist mode, which allows you to test your hypothesis. Much of the battle with dowsing is being able to differentiate these mind sets (there are more but to Keeo.It.Simple)

then if you can,check your owrk against another independent dowser, just to see, when you get correlation, this will give you a boost of confidence, but remember its easy to get side tracked/ over confident.

practice makes perfect, and it can be hard to practice with little results, but keep at it and you will get there - it took me a long time to learn to dowse, and I am not really as experienced as many of the forum :-)

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Mick

Post by Mick »

ledgehammer wrote:
Try dowsing with noone else present, Dowsing people is probably something you should do a little further on IMO.
I have tried dowsing by myself several times, but it seems to work just as well if people are present or not. Is this usual, or does it vary between dowsers ? Please explain why I should wait till later to dowse people.
ledgehammer wrote:Try dowsing something you know little about that way there are less preconceptions, also more difficult, but try not to dowse for results at first, it will come, but you have to rid yourself of the "scientist mode" while dowsing.
I can't think what to dowse for that I know little about. I'm not sure that I understand. I also don't understand trying not to dowse for results, what do you mean exactly ? I get getting rid of the scientist mode.
ledgehammer wrote:It took me a while to get dowsing. I laid out some wire on the floor and walked towards it asking the rods to open up when I reached the wire. It took a while but I managed to programme myself to do it. Once you have this you can practice abover water pipes if you know roughly where they are, when you are confident that you can get open responses with visible targets, try substituting in others,
With me the dowsing was instantaneous. After I discovered I could dowse I dowsed the water sources in the basement from the living room above. I then went outside and dowsed the gas line, underground electricity wires, the village sewer. and drainage culverts under the road outside my house.
ledgehammer wrote:I then started with earth energy in the woods, I found an area that felt right and the rods generally pointed me to this area, I then spent hours dowsing for earth energy lines. If you imagine a current of invisible energy, and that when you reach this current the rods will be affected by it and will open and press against the edge of the energy while you walk through it. I recorded the layout of the lines, and worked out ways of measuring the lines further down, for you thins may be different > we all have our methods, but the key thing is to be able to go in and out of dowsing mode, being the creative, intuitive part of the brain, when you have dowsed you should record your findings and for this you enter logical scientist mode, which allows you to test your hypothesis. Much of the battle with dowsing is being able to differentiate these mind sets (there are more but to Keeo.It.Simple)
I don't really understand about energy lines or what to do with them once they have been located. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Please explain.
ledgehammer wrote:then if you can,check your owrk against another independent dowser, just to see, when you get correlation, this will give you a boost of confidence, but remember its easy to get side tracked/ over confident.
Finding another dowser is a problem, I only know of one, he was the bloke that let me try his rods, and I got the impression that he was a bit pissed that I got results straight away.
ledgehammer wrote:practice makes perfect, and it can be hard to practice with little results, but keep at it and you will get there - it took me a long time to learn to dowse, and I am not really as experienced as many of the forum :-)

I am very happy with the results I am getting already. One thing I am not sure of though, when I locate something the rods cross, if I carry on walking they will open outwards every time, I assume this is because I have passed what I was looking for. Is my assumption correct ? The other dowser said it was showing the direction of the water flow, but I know that's not right, not for me anyway.

Thanks Tom :P

PS, I just found that after locating something I can find the exact spot by using the front of my foot. I got my wife to do the same with her foot while I was holding the rods but with no result, However if she is holding a pendulum the rods will cross when she holds the pendulum at the precise place. Both the rods and pendulum do nothing for her, but the rods work fine when she is operating a pendulum as long as I am holding them. Out of interest I turned my back and got her to move the pendulum towards the spot, they crossed at the same spot, then moved apart as she passed it. I can see no reason why it would not work over the phone. What do you think ?
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mick wrote:
ledgehammer wrote:
I have tried dowsing by myself several times, but it seems to work just as well if people are present or not. Is this usual, or does it vary between dowsers ? Please explain why I should wait till later to dowse people.
ledgehammer wrote:Try dowsing something you know little about that way there are less preconceptions, also more difficult, but try not to dowse for results at first, it will come, but you have to rid yourself of the "scientist mode" while dowsing.
I can't think what to dowse for that I know little about. I'm not sure that I understand. I also don't understand trying not to dowse for results, what do you mean exactly ? I get getting rid of the scientist mode.
ledgehammer wrote:It took me a while to get dowsing. I laid out some wire on the floor and walked towards it asking the rods to open up when I reached the wire. It took a while but I managed to programme myself to do it. Once you have this you can practice abover water pipes if you know roughly where they are, when you are confident that you can get open responses with visible targets, try substituting in others,
With me the dowsing was instantaneous. After I discovered I could dowse I dowsed the water sources in the basement from the living room above. I then went outside and dowsed the gas line, underground electricity wires, the village sewer. and drainage culverts under the road outside my house.
ledgehammer wrote:I then started with earth energy in the woods, I found an area that felt right and the rods generally pointed me to this area, I then spent hours dowsing for earth energy lines. If you imagine a current of invisible energy, and that when you reach this current the rods will be affected by it and will open and press against the edge of the energy while you walk through it. I recorded the layout of the lines, and worked out ways of measuring the lines further down, for you thins may be different > we all have our methods, but the key thing is to be able to go in and out of dowsing mode, being the creative, intuitive part of the brain, when you have dowsed you should record your findings and for this you enter logical scientist mode, which allows you to test your hypothesis. Much of the battle with dowsing is being able to differentiate these mind sets (there are more but to Keeo.It.Simple)
I don't really understand about energy lines or what to do with them once they have been located. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Please explain.
ledgehammer wrote:then if you can,check your owrk against another independent dowser, just to see, when you get correlation, this will give you a boost of confidence, but remember its easy to get side tracked/ over confident.
Finding another dowser is a problem, I only know of one, he was the bloke that let me try his rods, and I got the impression that he was a bit pissed that I got results straight away.
ledgehammer wrote:practice makes perfect, and it can be hard to practice with little results, but keep at it and you will get there - it took me a long time to learn to dowse, and I am not really as experienced as many of the forum :-)

I am very happy with the results I am getting already. One thing I am not sure of though, when I locate something the rods cross, if I carry on walking they will open outwards every time, I assume this is because I have passed what I was looking for. Is my assumption correct ? The other dowser said it was showing the direction of the water flow, but I know that's not right, not for me anyway.

Thanks Tom :P

PS, I just found that after locating something I can find the exact spot by using the front of my foot. I got my wife to do the same with her foot while I was holding the rods but with no result, However if she is holding a pendulum the rods will cross when she holds the pendulum at the precise place. Both the rods and pendulum do nothing for her, but the rods work fine when she is operating a pendulum as long as I am holding them. Out of interest I turned my back and got her to move the pendulum towards the spot, they crossed at the same spot, then moved apart as she passed it. I can see no reason why it would not work over the phone. What do you think ?
Mick,

Not dowsing with people present but dowsing actual people like the example given. For one you should always ask permission before doing any dowsing on people, and I think dowsing with genuine reasons is also important, i.e not dowsing for someone who is ugly e.t.c. but that is my opinion.

What I referred to with the "scientist mode", is allowing yourself to get confused by your preconceptions. The ideometer response by skeptics refers to this, i.e you will dowse what you are thinking and not really dowsing for the answer, you are only dowsing what you are expecting. With dowsing it can be easy to get carried away and this often throws you off the scent. The term "scientist mode" relates to a book by Tom Graves called "the disciplines of dowsing". Simplified, its best to free your mind of these preconceptions and just dowse, using the creative part of the brain, letting go of control and allowing the answers to come.

I have found that If you specifically dowse for results then you will get no answers, dowsing for the sake of dowsing doesn't work - it has no purpose and I believe that this affirms to yourself on some level that the work or results are not needed. Where its important to be able to check the quality of your dowsing, this needs to be more tactful and often I am amused when things add up at a later date when not looking for answers, i.e the answers will come, but it takes faith to allow the dowsing process to work, which is also why I don't think it works in laboratory conditions.

Im glad to hear that for you dowsing was instantaneous, this means that you have every capability to make dowsing work for you, but I would say that it took a lot of work for me to make it work and give me something tangible at the end of it, merely making the rods move is only the beginning.

Earth energy is a non tangible target, tangible targets are physical targets like water or objects. If you are dowsing for health and beneficial/non beneficial energies for example. I know many dowsers who don't do this, but i have found some very nice and beneficial places through dowsing - it depends what you want to do. For me dowsing this gave me great confidence as i knew another dowser who dowsed the same places and I could check my results to his after I had finished with a particular area, as I knew nothing of the target this was the best way for me to establish confidence with dowsing, especially being an outdoors type, but what works for you works for you :-)

In reference to finding other dowsers, check for your local dowsing group, there may be one close by and its extremely useful to meet other dowsers, who give you tips and ideas to allow you find what works for you, and also you will be able to check what you have found e.t.c\

With dowsing you have to programme your results so you know exactly what different rod movements mean, and it will be different for different dowsers dependant on how they programme their responses, although you could agree with yourself what responses mean what. For instance a yes response may be the rods open, a no the rods close, for selecting targets you may ask for the edge of a line and the rods will open, and then may show the angle of the edge of what it is you are looking for. You could also ask for the direction, and programme your response to show both the rods going in the direction. This is why rods can be very useful. Without these programmed responses you will probably select the most obvious which is what you seem to have done.

Finally I am not sure on your last one, It sounds like the pendulum is key somehow but I am not sure why, it shouldn't make a difference unless you believe that it does, I am not really a pendulum dowser and not that experience to be fair, perhaps someone else can shed some light.

good luck with your dowsing :-)

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Mick

Post by Mick »

I just spent best part of an hour replying to your post Tom. When I clicked submit I found I was no longer logged in. I logged in only to find the whole thing had been erased . :x I will try again later.
Mick

Post by Mick »

ledgehammer wrote:Mick,

Not dowsing with people present but dowsing actual people like the example given. For one you should always ask permission before doing any dowsing on people, and I think dowsing with genuine reasons is also important, i.e not dowsing for someone who is ugly e.t.c. but that is my opinion.

The ugly bit was just humor, it had the desired effect. I never actually dowsed anyone, I just asked the rods to point towards my intended victim. :mrgreen:
ledgehammer wrote:What I referred to with the "scientist mode", is allowing yourself to get confused by your preconceptions. The ideometer response by skeptics refers to this, i.e you will dowse what you are thinking and not really dowsing for the answer, you are only dowsing what you are expecting. With dowsing it can be easy to get carried away and this often throws you off the scent. The term "scientist mode" relates to a book by Tom Graves called "the disciplines of dowsing". Simplified, its best to free your mind of these preconceptions and just dowse, using the creative part of the brain, letting go of control and allowing the answers to come.

OK gotcha. The simplified bit makes sense, in that I have already worked that out.
ledgehammer wrote:I have found that If you specifically dowse for results then you will get no answers, dowsing for the sake of dowsing doesn't work - it has no purpose and I believe that this affirms to yourself on some level that the work or results are not needed.

I discovered that when my wife was holding the coin and I was filming.

ledgehammer wrote:Im glad to hear that for you dowsing was instantaneous, this means that you have every capability to make dowsing work for you, but I would say that it took a lot of work for me to make it work and give me something tangible at the end of it, merely making the rods move is only the beginning.

I was lucky, it let me skip the beginning.

ledgehammer wrote:Earth energy is a non tangible target, tangible targets are physical targets like water or objects. If you are dowsing for health and beneficial/non beneficial energies for example. I know many dowsers who don't do this, but i have found some very nice and beneficial places through dowsing - it depends what you want to do. For me dowsing this gave me great confidence as i knew another dowser who dowsed the same places and I could check my results to his after I had finished with a particular area, as I knew nothing of the target this was the best way for me to establish confidence with dowsing, especially being an outdoors type, but what works for you works for you :-)

At the moment at least I feel more comfortable with what I feel to be more practical dowsing. Maybe it will be different later.

ledgehammer wrote:In reference to finding other dowsers, check for your local dowsing group, there may be one close by and its extremely useful to meet other dowsers, who give you tips and ideas to allow you find what works for you, and also you will be able to check what you have found e.t.c\

There is no dowsing group near here. Saskatchewan is about 1 1/2 times the size of Britain with a population of about one million. I am very lucky to have found a good dowser who lives just two miles away from the place where I will be living from this summer. It was an instantaneous thing with her too.

ledgehammer wrote:With dowsing you have to programme your results so you know exactly what different rod movements mean, and it will be different for different dowsers dependant on how they programme their responses, although you could agree with yourself what responses mean what. For instance a yes response may be the rods open, a no the rods close, for selecting targets you may ask for the edge of a line and the rods will open, and then may show the angle of the edge of what it is you are looking for. You could also ask for the direction, and programme your response to show both the rods going in the direction. This is why rods can be very useful. Without these programmed responses you will probably select the most obvious which is what you seem to have done.

The rods work great already, I can see no way to improve the way they respond.

ledgehammer wrote:Finally I am not sure on your last one, It sounds like the pendulum is key somehow but I am not sure why, it shouldn't make a difference unless you believe that it does, I am not really a pendulum dowser and not that experience to be fair, perhaps someone else can shed some light.
The pendulum is certainly the key. I don't believe it makes a difference, I know it does, but when the rods give me answers when my wife is operating the pendulum, who is doing the dowsing, me or her ? Or maybe it's a joint effort ?? More experimentation is needed. I will ask my new dowsing partner to give me a hand.

Please have a go yourself. I would be very interested to know how you get on.

Thanks
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

When I clicked submit I found I was no longer logged in. I logged in only to find the whole thing had been erased

Copy and Paste is an excellent hedge against self inflicted hair loss.
Last edited by Lyndon Ronstadt on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mick,

no problem, glad to have answered your original post with some useful answers :-)

p.s I have tried using a pendulum, its not really for me, and I mostly do field work and the rods are very useful for finding what I am looking for, where the pendulum doesn't suit what I am doing. I guess its preference, but as i said earlier, each to their own :-)

best

Tom
Mick

Post by Mick »

no problem, glad to have answered your original post with some useful answers :-)

p.s I have tried using a pendulum, its not really for me, and I mostly do field work and the rods are very useful for finding what I am looking for, where the pendulum doesn't suit what I am doing. I guess its preference, but as i said earlier, each to their own :-)

best

Tom
I don't like using a pendulum either, but in the case in question it's not me operating it, I'm the one using the rods. I have found the pendulum very useful for map dowsing when I have someone to hold the pendulum for me. They just slowly move the pendulum over the map until I tell them to stop. To double check I stick a pin in the map, and get them to do the same thing again when I am facing away. Works great !

This is the best explanation for what dowsing is that I have so far come across...........

....... "
Dowsing

Intuition Technology (aka Dowsing) is the linking of the Intuitive part of the Heart-Mind-Brain team with the nervous-muscular system to give signals without interference by the logical thinking process. Tools are often used to amplify these signals, similar to the way a loudspeaker amplifies the sounds sent to it.

Our philosophy is to help all who wish to develop their Intuitive abilities. We encourage the use of Intuition Technology to help others, especially in healing various forms of ill-ness and dis-ease. The ability of our Minds to create and manifest good is usually unrecognized by most people.

As Winston Churchill said "All people are offered help by their Intuition, but most pick themselves up and escape as fast as possible ! ".

Many claim that because Dowsing cannot be proven scientifically it cannot be accepted as genuine. But that is like trying to prove scientifically that Angels exist. We accept it as a technology, a skill that we can use to gain help from the "Force for Good", and we concentrate on learning to use our abilities more effectively." http://www.in2it.ca/

I think I'm beginning to understand at last. The logic behind it all is don't let logic confuse you ! LOL
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mick wrote:

best

Tom
I don't like using a pendulum either, but in the case in question it's not me operating it, I'm the one using the rods. I have found the pendulum very useful for map dowsing when I have someone to hold the pendulum for me. They just slowly move the pendulum over the map until I tell them to stop. To double check I stick a pin in the map, and get them to do the same thing again when I am facing away. Works great !

This is the best explanation for what dowsing is that I have so far come across...........

....... "
Dowsing

Intuition Technology (aka Dowsing) is the linking of the Intuitive part of the Heart-Mind-Brain team with the nervous-muscular system to give signals without interference by the logical thinking process. Tools are often used to amplify these signals, similar to the way a loudspeaker amplifies the sounds sent to it.

Our philosophy is to help all who wish to develop their Intuitive abilities. We encourage the use of Intuition Technology to help others, especially in healing various forms of ill-ness and dis-ease. The ability of our Minds to create and manifest good is usually unrecognized by most people.

As Winston Churchill said "All people are offered help by their Intuition, but most pick themselves up and escape as fast as possible ! ".

Many claim that because Dowsing cannot be proven scientifically it cannot be accepted as genuine. But that is like trying to prove scientifically that Angels exist. We accept it as a technology, a skill that we can use to gain help from the "Force for Good", and we concentrate on learning to use our abilities more effectively." http://www.in2it.ca/

I think I'm beginning to understand at last. The logic behind it all is don't let logic confuse you ! LOL
Mick,

Interesting that you use someone else to hold the pendulum, I have never tried this but one thing that is also interesting is if you use your finger like a pencil in the air and draw a shape, then dowse it - also interesting is when you ask someone else to do the same thing when you are in another room and then dowse the shape (obviously set up a method of doing this like making the shape in a certain place e.t.c)

You can use rods to map dowse, I remember doing it a while ago although I don't really use map dowsing. You may be interested to see this clip from James Randi on map dowsing, there is a great topic on here regarding skeptiks, Im sure its easy to find .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RnqiUOZsk (link broken - see this thread)

The explanation on dowsing you have provided is one of many interpretations on how dowsing works (quite a popular one), I think its key that you understand dowsing on your own terms if you are to use it at all, In my research I have found that individual perception influences greatly our personal circumstances and generally no-one is wrong > just interpreting the same incomprehensible thing differently, using and expressing it in different mediums and such is the variation of reality.

best

Tom