Pendulum becoming saturated

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Pendulum becoming saturated

Post by Lynnie »

Hi All

I’ve dowsed for about 24 years. I’ve occasionally brought new pendulums along the way as I’ve found ones that are really attractive to me however, about seven years ago my favourite pendulum at the time, a lapis lazuli, just stopped working, it would not move even the slightest, no matter what I asked or how I phrased my questions. I picked up another pendulum and it was business as usual.

In the last few days, my carnelian pendulum is no longer working. Just won’t even move. I’ve picked up another pendulum and again, business as usual. I’ve dowsed for the reason my carnelian one is no longer functioning and the closest I’ve got is that the pendulum has become “saturated”. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Pendulum becoming saturated

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Very interesting, Lynne. I find that certain natural stones, used as pendulum weights, can become saturated as can crystals used in healing and have to be either washed or left in sunlight for a day to become “re-energised. Quartz is particularly vulnerable to becoming saturated. I can find no other reason why a pendulum should stop working. (I use a 1/2 inch hexagonal steel nut as a weight)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks for the reply, Geoff. I tried cleansing etc but it had no effect. It makes me feel a little sad when I have to 'retire' a pendulum. But thanks, at least I know it's not just me.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

No it just aint you. I’m told that a completely saturated pendulum weight loses its ability to attract detrimental energy and therefore needs regular cleaning to prevent it from becoming saturated. Sorry you have had to lose yours.

Wondering why the pendulum stopped when the weight became saturated I did a bit more digging to find that natural stone pendulum weights accumulated detrimental energy fairly quickly (compared with steel nuts) and that detrimental energy had sufficient power to stop the nerve in the wrist from operating the pendulum. That also explains why it is possible to use a new pendulum immediately because the detrimental energy source has been removed from the are of the wrist.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks Geoff, that's really interesting. I'm assuming that detrimental energy is the same thing as negative energy? I am particularly upset about the carnelian as when I went searching for a new one I remember thinking I'd love a big carnelian crystal with a garnet top and when I walked into a shop in Glastonbury there it was! Just waiting for me. I also try pendulums out in the shop as sometimes even though I like a pendulum it won't move or gives me a negative. But the carnelian was an instant and very large yes. And it seems, funny how times passes, that I haven't had it very long, so I'll just have to resign myself to looking at it occasionally. Thanks for the information though, really interesting.
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Hi Lynnie,

Don't discard it yet, have you tried running it under a flow of water?
A tap (it can be just a trickle) or stream will do or burying it in the earth for 24 hours?

Hope this helps.

Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Lynne)) I'm assuming that detrimental energy is the same thing as negative energy?

Geoff) Um…my definition of “detrimental energy” refers to an energy that harms something that is alive. If your definition of negative energy” refers to the same thing, then Yes.

L) I am particularly upset about the carnelian as when I went searching for a new one I remember thinking I'd love a big carnelian crystal with a garnet top and when I walked into a shop in Glastonbury there it was! Just waiting for me.

G) The shop next to St John’s Church ?
Well, there is this suggestion from DarkChestofWonders (above)
That may be worth following up. Have you dowsed whether the carnelian is completely saturated, Lynne ? It nay not be
Geoff

Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hello Geoff and Alan

I'm not sure where St John’s Church is. The shop is at the end of a little alleyway, I think it’s called StoneAge. I always seem to end up getting my pendulums from there.

I’ve had another dowsing session this morning and asked about running the carnelian under water or burying it etc or anything I can do to reverse the saturation but the answer from working pendulum is no, there’s nothing I can do. Looking back, I think I got this one about 5 or 6 years ago, and the previous pendulum this happened to, which was a lapis, also lasted about 6 years. At least I now know that any pendulum I buy is going to last 5-6 years.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Yes, I know the shop and the alley you refer to. You may decide to enforce a 6 monthly cleaning cycle for any future stone pendulum you buy to keep it “active”.
Geoff

EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Lynnie - If you don't manage to get the carnelian cleansed/working again (hope you do!), it might be an interesting experiment to give/loan it to another dowser and see if it works for them.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Something tells me if you place/bury the pendulum at the base of a big tree your pendulum will be cleaned overnight and restored, I know hugging a tree can remove bad vibes/thoughts/problems.Its a case of grounding those bad vibes and cleaning all past history of the pendulum, and getting a loved old friend back,well worth a try.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I'm not doing well with my pendulums lately! I've recently lost / mislaid my rose quartz pendulum, the one I carry with me all the time. The last time I used it was on Friday outside of my home. I keep it in a turquoise pouch. I've searched where I can think it could be (home, work, car) but nothing. I think maybe it's dropped out of my handbag. Of all the things I can dowse, I cannot dowse to find lost items. Would anyone like to have a dowse and try and locate it for me?

Lynnie
tightwines
Beginner
Beginner

Post by tightwines »

Don't forget that one can 'pick up' all kinds of offensive/negative energies and attachments.

You may be blaming the pendulum, but it may some negative attachments.

I've had a fortnight when my dowsing and muscle-testing have gone 'to pot'. I keep clearing. The last thing I dowsed was a 'poltergeist', which hopefully I've cleared.

It's an on-going battle.

Good luck.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Lynnie just seen your post, I get a kick where the A372 crosses the M5 Bridgenorth road on the north side,with me thinking Rose Quartz on a chain , and you dowsing the area/traffic there standing on the bridge ??
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I was having a major clear out yesterday, and came across this carnelian pendulum which I've still got. There is no movement there at all so I don't intend to keep it any longer.

My question is how do I dispose of this as it is crystal? It's not right to put it in the refuse bin, it doesn't seem right to donate it to a charity shop if it's saturated and therefore won't work.

The only ethical thing I can think of is to return it to Mother Earth and put it in the ground in my garden.

Any thoughts?

Lynnie