Pendulum versus Deviceless Dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Pendulum versus Deviceless Dowsing

Post by Lynnie »

Hi all

I've dowsed with a pendulum for 25 years. I also deviceless dowse from time to time but mostly I go to my pendulum. Just recently I've been having a bit of a challenging time and I feel that my dowsing has maybe been influenced by negative energy, maybe even my own!

This morning I decided to deviceless dowse and got a very clear 'this is what's needed' and in this order - it very precise. It makes me want to rely more on DD rather than my pendulum. I have often had this thought by still seem to end up using my pendulum. I don't know if this is convenience, as my pendulums are on my lounge table by my side (but then so are my hands), or whether I'm being lazy, or it's just habit.

The slightly disconcerting thing with DD is that I get a dip in energy when I ask a question and I just know it's going to give me a 'no' or my energy level stays the same and I know it's going to say 'yes'. As I say, I find this a little disconcerting, so I get around it my standing up and then gently rocking from side to side which takes away the feeling of knowing what's coming. (Glad the neighbours can't see me :lol: )

So I'm wondering has anyone got any tips or advice or how to move away from my pendulum towards DD more. Does anyone use both methods and if so, for different things perhaps?

Lynnie
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Pendulum versus Deviceless Dowsing

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Hi Lynnie,

Go for it, DD that is.

It sounds like a trust thing or maybe putting your faith in it more, you've already proved to yourself that it works and it seems very quick too.

Sometimes we are wary of change, ie using your pendulum less and using your DD more, your trusty pendulum will still be there should you need it.

I think your dip in energy shows just how quick your answers are coming through.

If it's any consolation I switch between rods, pendulum and Aurameter (I must try to stop that!) which can be quite a juggling act if you are dowsing in a building and constantly checking you have all of your tools before moving round or leaving.

As for tips, leave your tools at home and try walking round a supermarket, pick some food up (You could do this from a list as well) and just and ask, "is this food good for me? Or, am I tolerant\intolerant of this food? " You get a chance to practice without the risk of ruining a field trip.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you want to block your answer, you're getting the same answer just putting it off a bit.

I would love to graduate to DD and wish I could do it, but I think that's a bit of a tall order at the moment.

Hope this helps,
Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Lynne,

Interesting problem. I will have a go at trying to find some answers. As you will no doubt be aware, there are more than one beneficialsources of answers. I can think of three at the moment but there are probably many more. I an told that you are not affected by ant detrimental source when you dowse so we can discount them.

The three I’m thinking of are firstly your unconscious mind that contains your belief system and, if you engage that part of your mind when dowsing, it is powerful enough to affect both your pendulum and DD and give you an answer that you believe to be true, In other words, your unconscious mind has taken over your dowsing.

The second source is your sub- conscious mind itself.
This controls your pendulum, rods and DD when you are looking for things underground, testing food for freshness and conversing with plants etc.

The third source, an external one, controls your pendulum when you connect with that source. I am told that DD will not work when an external source is engaged. Answers from these sources operate the pendulum via your nervous system.

On the question of moving away from your pendulum to DD, I would suggest that, bearing in mind what I have written above, you could adopt DD perfectly well any time you did not connect with an external source. Please excuse ,e if I am teaching my grandmother how to suck eggs.

I normally use a pendulum but do use eye blinks when I don’t want to draw attention to it.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

DD means that you have to have some sort of (probably) physical response- certainly at first- in order to recognise your answers/incoming information. Just as you can "program" a device, such as a rod or pendulum, you can program your own physical reaction(s). But it will take time and practice. I found that DD was more tiring- which lead to me feeling less certain of the accuracy. However, there are times when DD is the best option. The standing up and rocking seems to work for you at present...just (excuse the pun...) move on from there. Train your body to react in a manner less obvious to an external viewer- maybe so that you end up with, say, a tingling in your fingers/thumb.
I use both DD and a range of "tools". Perhaps it's laziness, but I prefer the tools!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi guys

Thank you for your answers and help.

In answer to Alan; thanks for the encouragement. As you say, I know DD works. I did a test once with three downturned cups one with a grape in it. And I moved the cups round, without looking at them really quickly so I didn't know which cup the grape was in, and each time with DD I selected the cup with the grape in it.

You're right, the dip in energy is instant so I know what the answer is going to be before my fingers complete the circle.

I don't want to block the answers, it just feels like with the dip in energy or energy level staying the same, it feels like I'm cheating, daft I know.

Your last comment is interesting; I just assumed that everyone who could dowse could also DD. I guess that's not the case then?

Geoff, when I first started dowsing, I thought my answers were coming from my dear nan in spirit but as I learned more, I now believe they come from a spiritual source, like universal spiritual energy. Thank you for confirming my dowsing hasn't been affected recently by any negative energies. With DD it feels like I am connecting with my higher self and therefore I can rule out the possibility of it being affected by any negative energies. I'm also using Australian Bush Flower Essence of Angelsword which is an all round spiritual protection and I feel that's making the connection with my higher self stronger. I get a lot of images in my third eye and usually seek out what I'm supposed to do with the image with my pendulum but now I am going to do this via DD.

I've decided to continue to dowse my chakras with my pendulum as I can tell a lot from the quality and strength of the swing. I can DD my chakras but the pendulum is definitely better for that.

Simon; that's interesting you find DD more tiring. I find that even if I am tired and therefore my pendulum feels more vulnerable to external influences, this isn't the case with DD. I have an answer for yes, no and maybe.

Thanks guys for all your help.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I just wanted to pick up on a point I made in my last post as I've been thinking about it.
I just assumed that everyone who could dowse could also DD.

So can people who dowse with rods, pendulum etc, also able to deviceless dowse?

Lynnie
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

(Lynne) using Australian Bush Flower Essenceof Angelsword which is an all round spiritual protection and I feel that's making the connection with my higher self stronger.

(Geoff) I get confirmation that Angelsword does exactly as you describe but that not every dowser needs it.

*L(I get a lot of images in my third eye and usually seek out what I'm supposed to do with the image with my pendulum but now I am going to do this via DD.

(G) That should work very well because you will be connecting with a clairvoyant source that not many dowsers can use.

(L) I've decided to continue to dowse my chakras with my pendulum as I can tell a lot from the quality and strength of the swing. I can DD my chakras but the pendulum is definitely better for that.

(G) Agreed

Can people who dowse with rods, pendulum etc, also able to deviceless dowse?

I get that a small minority of dowsers (about 8%) is not able to use DD,
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks Geoff.

I think with the Angelsword, given my third eye images, as you say clairvoyance, it makes the connection stronger, I don't use it for my dowsing per se, although I did cleanse my pendulum the other day with the Angelsword. I also feel it gives me some general protection, which I feel is very necessary at the moment and that it may well give me some protection whilst I'm dowsing (at least I hope it does).

Lynnie
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone would have any thoughts or views on this.

As described, I receive many images in my third eye; these are always aura soma bottles or sometimes words. However, yesterday I was going for a run, and I was thinking about whether I should be actively doing anything with these aura soma colour combinations that come through; like actively drawing them down into my body or mind for healing. When I had this thought, precisely at that point and as clear as day, I had the image of an anchor come into my third eye. It was gold and had the rope going around the anchor. I've never received a symbol like this, it's always been colour. I have no idea what this means. I dowsed this morning to ask if I was getting healing from the anchor (no), am I supposed to do anything with it (no) and yet this morning it's still there. I've looked up the symbolism of an anchor and it seems to lean towards representing masculine / feminine.

Would anyone have any further ideas as to what this anchor may mean; even just to trigger my own thought processes.

Lynnie
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Being emotionally (water)and spiritually (golden) grounded (anchor)?
I find that metaphorical images can only really be interpreted/fully understood by those who have them...they are "targeted" at the individual.
You say you have no idea what it means- I disagree! :cry: I think you do...and maybe don't yet know that you do.... 8)
Maybe you will have a :idea: :!: moment soon!

Simon
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hello Simon

Being grounded emotionally and spiritually definitely makes sense as to what I'm dealing with this at the moment.

You may well be right - in that I don't feel I know the significance right now - but will do in the future, but I'll stick with the 'grounded' theory at the moment.

Thank you for your insight.

Lynnie
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I haven't seen the gold anchor for a week or so now, in fact I'd forgotten about it. What I'm seeing now is a sword, not gold but white. My feeling is it's protective. I can see from a quick google that a sword can represent the mind, so maybe the symbol is about how I am mentally approaching my current difficulties. Not sure what the sword being white could mean. DD suggests it's protective.

Lynnie
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Look out for Michael(s). Maybe?

Simon
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi Simon

I know there's a connection between Archangel Michael and a sword in the Aura Soma system and a connection to Glastonbury Tor. Is that what you were referring to?

Lynnie
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Sorry---yes. I was a bit rushed before. (Smacked wrists!) :roll: :lol:

Though, of course, it could be just associated with the "battles" that you are currently fighting. In which case- keep at it!

I am starting to wonder if this thread should be public discussion? Maybe there are private things here that are better not openly discussed.
Just thinking/saying....

Simon