Dowsing with a staff in India

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Dowsing with a staff in India

Post by Grahame »

This video shows an elder dowsing for water using a very unusual technique involving a staff. I've never seen or heard of anything like this before. I'm not exactly sure how he is pinpointing the target though - it seems pretty vague?

Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Dowsing with a staff in India

Post by mike »

Im sure he is pointing the stick in the direction of where the water is Grahame in that field or area, once close he will resort to the Y fork or something else to find its depth and purity.I have looked for crop circles like this with my L rod, pick up the energies and then follow its direction to where the Sacred circle of power can be found.Both concentric and radial forces coming from its centre.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

If you watch the video and stop it as he walks the field Grahame, you can dowse the water vein underground coming closer till he sites right across it/straddles it, then he marks both sides I believe and its centre in front of him.The wooden stick acts like a Y fork I believe, something I have to try out soon, very interesting and a good find.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Yes I agree Mike; he marks both sides and sits on the centre of the vein, pointing in front. It's a bit different from what we're used to, but hey - whatever works!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Very interesting, Grahame. How did you deduce that he was dowsing for water ? I tried to do the same with an old broomstick and followed a Derain both on om property and on top of drain manhole covers . It does need a delicate balance to operate it but it woks the same wat, surely , as a single Lord. Ir would be useful yo have a translation of what he was saying 😅
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Further to my last.... I have tried arm dowsing which I find quire useful for finding North bur it was never as accurate for finding or following underground water as am Lrod. Could staff dowsing be an extension of arm dowsing ?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:59 pm How did you deduce that he was dowsing for water ?
It said so on the link to the video that I found. :)
Grahame
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Its really interesting to watch him dowse in a way he must have done for years and years, I really want to try this method and see how I go,it might offer something new.Good to try everything and see where it goes,in this world we are all still learning to take our first steps.