Pendulum Dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Stevj016

Getting the Pendulum to move.

Post by Stevj016 »

Hi,

I purchased the Pendulum kit by Sig Lonegren and I can't even complete the first exercise. I have to get the Pendulum to show me yes and then to show me no, if it doesn't I have to show it the movement I want for yes and no. Well on me it didn't move for yes or no so I had to pick it for it, I picked clockwise for yes and anticlockwise for no. But before I can move on I have to get it to move by itself for yes and no and it just won't, it just stays still. So please will someone help me on how I can get my Pendulum to move.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time,
Stevj016.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: Getting the Pendulum to move.

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Stevj016,
This takes me back - you must be so frustrated!.
Several things you may need to consider ie:-
Do you have a long enough chain/cord/cotton - a good average would be 9 to 12 inches.
Do not have any preconceived thoughts in your head. Annalize afterwards.
Know that with people doing Yoga or Meditation they get most out of what they are doing when they are really very relaxed. Dowsing is no exception. In fact the pendulum will often rotate when you are not looking at it.
Be specific about the questions asked, this should get specific answers in reply.
Besides repeatedly saying show me a `yes`go for something different, usually a question about a health matter can get a better response just to get the pendulum moving.
As I believe it is an intelligence that is involved in pendulums being moved, it is possible that your intelligence/source is not able to respond for one reason or another. Please than ask for another source.
Try to dowse in the morning when your mind is fresh and most active but remember to be relaxed.
If still not moving, and you are still keen try another day until it does.
Good luck,
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Steve,

I agree with Arthur that there is an intelligence behind the movement of the pendulum and
that there are definite reasons why someone attempting to dowse for the first time is unable
to get any response from the pendulum. The first reason is that, for some reason, the person
is just not able to dowse. Other reasons can be due to blockages, either muscular or nervous.
I have found that, in your case, the problem is that the intelligence involved is not able to
activate the nerve that controls your wrist muscle that produces the small amount of torque
required to get the pendulum moving. I have asked that all blocks be removed so would be
interested to learn whether you can now achieve some movement.

I think that the length of chain/cord (whatever) is a matter for individual experiment as
probably every dowser has a different idea of what the length of cord or type of pendulum
should be. ( I use a 1/2 inch hexagonal steel nut on a 1.5" cord). You can sometimes get
pendulum started by inducing a straight swing at right angles to the body as this can sometimes
help to initiate the required torque......and follow Arthur's other suggestions.

Geoff

Stevj016 wrote:Hi,

I purchased the Pendulum kit by Sig Lonegren and I can't even complete the first exercise. I have to get the Pendulum to show me yes and then to show me no, if it doesn't I have to show it the movement I want for yes and no. Well on me it didn't move for yes or no so I had to pick it for it, I picked clockwise for yes and anticlockwise for no. But before I can move on I have to get it to move by itself for yes and no and it just won't, it just stays still. So please will someone help me on how I can get my Pendulum to move.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time,
Stevj016.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Steve;

As you can see, there are many theories about pendulum dowsing around! I would suggest that you just keep persevering and experimenting with it. Try different lengths of string, just swinging it back and forth to find a comfortable length. Use a relaxed grip between finger and thumb, finger pointing down. Don't grip it too tightly. Start with it swinging back and forth in the 'search position' - this makes it much easier to get into a swing. Just stop and reset it between questions.
If you're still having problems, the best way to learn is by working with someone else, either at a local dowsing group or at one of the BSD's Foundation Courses.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
lotchick

Post by lotchick »

Hello,
Just to make sure you're doing everything right. It's not about the pendulum you're using but the proper attitude. Even a screw nut or a ring hung on a chain, or a cotton thread serves well. It is important that you keep some basic rules such as:
- whenever you work with a pendulum you do it when you're feeling well, not fatigued, relaxed, preferably at daylight, not during bad weather conditions,
- depending on the kind of pendulum you're using- some of them are really dangerous in layman's hands- it's safe if you dowse facing the North
-you can stand with your legs slightly open or be seated with your back straight and legs open. It's better if you do it barefoot or with cotton socks on and not on any rubber floor mat (My English vocabulary is limited, but I'm sure you're gonna get the meaning), just to keep you grounded
- you keep the string between your thumb and index finger
- don't hold it too tight, your hand should be relaxed, your wrist bent down a little and loose
- KEEP the reminder of the string hidden in your palm, under the three remaining fingers- very important!!!but don't keep them tight, tension always deteriorates the results of your work!
- FIRST find your personal wave length, i.e. the place on the string where you should hold it. You can do it this way: place your left hand near your chest, palm facing up, your fingers stretched but not tight and separate. Take the string to your right hand and hold it just over the pendulum. Place the pendulum over your palm, at about 0.5-1 inch. Let loose and let the pendulum slip a little down, then hold and watch if there is a reaction. While you're doing it you should be relaxed, don't force anything, you might think "I'm finding my personal wave length" or "I'm looking for the place on the string to hold the pendulum". Concentrate on your task. Keep letting the pendulum falling down in small increments until you find the place. Your pendulum should begin to turn, usually clockwise, but it depends on your polarization. Mark the place on the string with a small bead, pendulums usually go with them. If not don't make any knots, they hamper the pendulum's sensitivity. When your done you draw a plus sign and a minus sign on a blank sheet of paper, those signs separated by at least 5 inches. Then keep your pendulum over a plus sign and watch the movement. From now on it will always answer your questions positively this way. Then move it over a minus sign and watch the reaction. Then keep your pendulum in between the signs and watch the movement of your pendulum. It is important you memorise those reactions, as they will not change, only the speed and radius of turns and twists will vary. And most important, first think of what you're going to ask, be strict and concise. Your subconsiousness will answer only positive questions- they must not be open questions. And one more thing- everybody has power to move a pendulum, but not everybody is to become a dowser. Good luck. Lotchick
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Anyone can learn to dowse.

Ian
lotchick

Post by lotchick »

Thanks Ian. What I meant was that learning is one thing and practise is the other. Sometimes you know HOW to do things but you CAN'T do them because, say, there's different tasks awaiting.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

Lotchick,
You have been given good advice above.
I find with all humans ( all living things ) a dual field around them circulating in alternate directions.
It is reasonable to presume that the pendulem is reacting to one of these two alternate circulations as a yes or no.
It is also reasonable to have to learn to think of this and be better able to utilise this.
I also find the most complex matrix available everywhere, and have concluded that ALL information is contained within this matrix ( this is my own opinion )
We therefore exist within this matrix and interact with it.
The ability to think clearly of what you are thinking of is basic in the connection between ourselves and this omni present matrix.
I do not consider time is a linear subject as we are TOLD, and that the dowser can connect to aaaaaaaaall of time past , now and future, with considerable practise and a clear mind, otherwise its like a white out as so many signals are available.
Our hands are sensors, sadly neglected sensors, able to contact far more than we have been TOLD, perhaps THEY whoever they are have reason for us not to better develop such senses.
Keep practising, and welcome to the strange and wonderfull world of dowsing, why deny yourself what is available?
Kevin
lotchick

Post by lotchick »

Kevin wrote:Lotchick,
You have been given good advice above.
I find with all humans ( all living things ) a dual field around them circulating in alternate directions.
It is reasonable to presume that the pendulem is reacting to one of these two alternate circulations as a yes or no.
It is also reasonable to have to learn to think of this and be better able to utilise this.
I also find the most complex matrix available everywhere, and have concluded that ALL information is contained within this matrix ( this is my own opinion )
We therefore exist within this matrix and interact with it.
The ability to think clearly of what you are thinking of is basic in the connection between ourselves and this omni present matrix.
I do not consider time is a linear subject as we are TOLD, and that the dowser can connect to aaaaaaaaall of time past , now and future, with considerable practise and a clear mind, otherwise its like a white out as so many signals are available.
Our hands are sensors, sadly neglected sensors, able to contact far more than we have been TOLD, perhaps THEY whoever they are have reason for us not to better develop such senses.
Keep practising, and welcome to the strange and wonderfull world of dowsing, why deny yourself what is available?
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

I like the phrase "It is reasonable to presume".
My mother tongue is Polish and I try to put my thoughts on paper in the simplest way. I loved learning English on The Beatles' songs.
People dowse for different reasons. Some try to find water, some oil. Some try to find a lost key, other look for the key to everything that's lost.
Whatever you do is fine, as long as you don't hurt others. This is how I try to exist within what you call matrix.
I am happy to join this forum. I find many interesting ideas in here.
Regards to all dowsers and those in spe. Lotchick
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

I have 3 pendulums, one my husband made me (brass), one I bought on instinct (malachite) and one I bought simply because I like it (cloudy quartz). The brass one and malachite ones work very well for me, but the quartz one has never really done what its supposed to. I use my instincts to buy things like this and I think the reason the quartz one doesn't work for me is because it wasn't "meant" for me. Try going somewhere where they sell pendulums and use your instincts to choose one. Buy the one that is "telling" you to buy it and see how it works then.
Practice random acts of kindness
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Pendulum questions (newbie)

Post by Got a few questions »

Ok, here goes: I know just about zilch about dowsing. I got an online booklet in December 2007 on inter alia dowsing. I decided to give it a try and was very surprised to see that within seconds I could get a pendulum - consisting of a gold ring with two diamond splinters and two pearls on a gold chain - to swing. I quickly figured out "yes" and "no". Basically like nodding and shaking a head. Asking the question in the most basic manner, requiring a yes or no, is no problem. Basically I used it to try and find answers to questions regarding issues I had with certain persons in my life. I asked eg whether a person who has cancer will survive it - I didn't know better, so I just asked it, and got a shocking answer. In the meantime, the answer has changed, due to probably a change in her condition. This is good news. However, outside factors can still change this answer yet again.

But the following I do not know how to interpret: what if the pendulum goes swinging in an arc - a wide one or less enthusiastically? What is it telling me? when it goes swinging in an ellips either left top to right bottom or vice versa, what am I supposed to learn? If it just simply stands dead still? And then, when it is swinging in one direction and then switches direction (eg. clockwise to anti-clockwise?). Huh? Telling the pendulum to be clearer I suppose won't help.....

Now that everyone has fallen about laughing at my very roughshod way of dowsing (I am in South Africa after all), could you please assist?

Thanks
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Satyr »

Hi, I'm in SA as well and as I'm also pretty new to dowsing, I'm not sure if I can be of much help. My pendulum seems to behave itself and only answers me with movements I know. But, when you use it, do you first do a kind of prayer or whatever you want to call it to ask that your questions will be answered in light and love. I have changed things a bit now, but when I first started using a pendulum, I used to say "I come to you in light and love, please come to me in light and love" to kind of ensure that I'm not getting any kind of interference from any "nasties" that may be out there. Also, those movements may very well mean something, so you have to work out the right questions to ask to find out what the movements mean.

I'm sure other more experienced people here can give you more helpful advice though.
Practice random acts of kindness
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

If its of any help to those that experience similar as our two friends from SA, would you like to ask your dowsing rods or pendulums when they move erratically or in a wide arc or even like helicopter blades whizzing round possibly at your first attempt -
Am I picking up the emotion, the excitement etc of the source that is causing my instruments to move this way?
Likewise if the instrument you are using is stationary, ask -
Has the source been thinking or communicating with another at the moment?, or
Did my source go and seek an answer to the question I just raised? or
Has my source just been overcome with emotion?
Good luck,
Arthur
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Got a few questions »

Dear Arthur and Satyr

Thanks for the advice - I obviously have a lot to learn. Can you suggest any good websites? I do do the little asking for permission and keeping out the nasties thing. Don't want to invite trouble unnecessarily. Will ask the questions re the source.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Pendulum questions (newbie)

Post by Grahame »

Got a few questions wrote: what if the pendulum goes swinging in an arc - a wide one or less enthusiastically? What is it telling me? when it goes swinging in an ellips either left top to right bottom or vice versa, what am I supposed to learn? If it just simply stands dead still? And then, when it is swinging in one direction and then switches direction (eg. clockwise to anti-clockwise?). Huh? Telling the pendulum to be clearer I suppose won't help.....
Hi Gafq (we're going to have to come up with a shorter nickname for you :lol: );

I've split this into a new topic so that we're not cluttering up the 'Introduce Yourself' thread...
Often the pendulum will teach you new responses in addition to your 'yes' and 'no' answers. For example, if my pendulum swings in an ellipse, I interpret that to mean 'maybe'. So 'maybe-yes' or 'maybe no', depending on the direction of the swing.
Also for me, if it swings side-to-side, it means the question is too vague or otherwise impossible to answer. Clarify the question and ask again.
If it doesn't react at all but continues to swing in the 'search position' (backwards and forwards for me), then it means a simple 'don't know'.
When you get a reaction like those you describe, ask what that reaction means - does it mean 'maybe', does it mean 'don't know', or does it mean 'ask a better question', or does it mean something else? This is all part of getting to know your pendulum codes and improving your dowsing; you have the best teaching tool right there in your hand!
As to good dowsing websites, I don't think I'm being too egotistical to say that we have one of the best right here at The British Society of Dowsers. You should also check the BSD Earth Energies Group newsletter archive and the glossary, which are invaluable reference material and not just for earth energy dowsers.
Many people also swear by A Letter to Robin, which is a very comprehensive course in working with the pendulum.
And of course spend some time browsing the forum - there are several topics dealing with beginner's questions.
Good dowsing!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.