Pendulum Dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Bill Holding

Pendulum Dowsing

Post by Bill Holding »

(FIVE topics merged! - GG)

Hi.
I have recently started to dowse after various successful attempts around 20 years ago.

Just a couple of quickie points.

Regarding the 'ten attempts at flipping a coin' excercise, I correctly answered eight. Is this an expected amount? (I asume you know what I am talking about)

Refering to Triangulation Searching, I was holding my pendulum at just above waist height. The pendulum was showing me a direction but with a limited swing. Should I have had the pendulum held out at arms length?

Hope you can help.

Best regards.
Bill
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Bill;

I would say that 8/10 on coin-flipping results is a lot better than chance!

Triangulation - Personally I prefer to use an L-rod for this sort of exercise, although I use pendulum for map dowsing work. Difficult to say exactly why you were getting a limited swing; I can only suggest trying it at arm's length and seeing what the difference is.

As a matter of interest, were you scanning with your other hand? By that I mean pointing at the horizon and moving your arm from side to side - I find that gives a more definite direction than pendulum alone.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Bill Holding

Post by Bill Holding »

Thanks for your reply Grahame.

Actually, I was in my living room seeking to find a hidden pencil.

When swinging from waist height, the ARC the pendulum made was over a narrow field, about 3 to 5 feet along floor level, but the pendulum was swinging quite freely, (if that makes sence).

Due to this swing, I mentally extended the direction the pendulum was indicating. I did this from 2 directions, and then found the pencil was in the area indicated.

I did not know of the ' horizon' idea as I am new to the pendulum. I will give this a try.

Many thanks for your help.

Bill. :wink:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I just came across this pendulum dowsing tutorial that I think is rather good. It shows how the pendulum can be used to dialogue with the subconscious and is written by a psychotherapist. I particularly like his discussion of how the preconscious mind can interfere with the dowsing.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
William Holding

Post by William Holding »

Grahame.

These posts were from along time ago January 2006! How did these get here?

I thought we had removed my initial name, Bill Holding, from the list?

Please delete old name.

Thanks.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Bill;

I hadn't noticed that.... :)
I was trawling through the old topics looking for something to add that link I found.

Your old name is now deleted. It'll still show on your old posts, but only as 'guest'.
Grahame
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Grahame Gardner wrote:I just came across this pendulum dowsing tutorial that I think is rather good.
Now I have just plodded through this, to find regarding the yes/no/maybe/don't want to movements, and I quote, "Write it down and you have completed the communication code that will be the same for the rest of your life."

I have just been taught that I should check out the movements every time I dowse, as they could change constantly!! :o

It's discrepancies like this that make me wonder what's really going on with dowsing!

What do you believe?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Helen-Healing wrote: I have just been taught that I should check out the movements every time I dowse, as they could change constantly!! :o

It's discrepancies like this that make me wonder what's really going on with dowsing!

What do you believe?
Ah yes, I know some dowsers do work in that way. Personally I think it fosters uncertainty in your dowsing. If you can't trust your dowsing reaction to remain the same, how can you trust any answers you get?
I once had a student who checked her yes and no answers for each pendulum she used!! How she ever remembered what reaction went with which pendulum was beyond me.

There have been very rare occasions when I have thought that my reactions might be reversed (because I didn't believe what it was telling me), but when I checked this turned out not to be the case.

So I would say always stick with the same reactions. It's your mind that you're programming after all, and if you can't trust yourself, who can you trust?
:)
Grahame

Pendulum dowsing questions

Post by 007 »

(Three topics merged - GG)

I've been experimenting with pendulum dowsing for many years. When I was first introduced to this, the pendulum swung wildly of its own accord much to my amazement, and often times it still does swing wildly. However I have never been impressed with the validity of the information I get using the pendulum.
Which makes me wonder, is there a lot of skill/technique to pendulum dowsing? Or are some people naturally more gifted than others when it comes to getting good info?
I mean for example I've seen an expensive 2-hour DVD set marketed on the skill of dowsing, could you actually fill 2 hours with teaching the skill?
I always thought it was just a case of asking the question and the pendulum swung.
Ok thanks from
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: how much is there to pendulum dowsing

Post by Grahame »

007 wrote:is there a lot of skill/technique to pendulum dowsing? Or are some people naturally more gifted than others when it comes to getting good info?
Short answer: Yes and yes.
Longer answer: The main 'technique' is in trusting the reactions you get and asking the right questions. The pendulum is very literal - if you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. It's like that old computer adage, 'garbage in = garbage out'.
Some people are more naturally gifted, just as some people are more naturally gifted at playing the piano.
Grahame
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello 007,
Just wondered if I can be any assistance.
Although I started nearly 30 years ago I find there is stiil more to learn, and eventually you are finding it difficult to seek out those who have run the course as you have.
I find that a lot depends on what you wish to get out of it and what it means to you.
I find it helps to imagine an intelligence is with you and not to think in terms of you and `it`, as `it` I found is really intelligent after a short period of practise.
When you get the chance and you think it approprite, ask - is there someone with me? is there telepathy between us that can cause this pendulum to go round?. Have you got out of breath sometimes trying to get this pendulum to go round,? and so on.
If you can accept the telepathy theory ie - thought goes out with a question, thought answer comes back from an intelligence to your mind which than gets to your brain, nerves and muscle and hey presto the pendulum moves to give you a yes or no.
Eventually you will find that you do not need a pendulum. There is no brick wall between pendulum dowsing and just letting your hands move on request. Again, request that your hands are moved. Just place your hands out in front of you with palms facing inwards. I find that this occurs better if it is a healing question. If they do not gradually come together than try another time, but as many dowsers will say, request permission protection and em-powerment first. By questing and concentrating on the healing side of dowsing I am of the opinion this is where there is most value and where the dowsing response is most felt.
Eventually I found that my hands would do more and more, they can point to say crystals that can be used or can point to colours to be sent to someone in need. They would point to nature spirits in the room. Once your hands can move they can draw the size,shape,colour etc of that nature spirit in the room, and so on. Again this is upon request by yourself, your hands will not move otherwise.
All this I feel will help to give you confidence and build up many correct answers being sought. Once we are able to connect with the intelligence alongside us you can go like a steam train!
If I can help you further 007 than I will be pleased to.
Happy dowsing,
Arthur
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

007- back just briefly.
I suspect the reason why your pendulum swings wildly is that you are picking up the excited vibes of the intelligence that is with you. This could be that he/she is excited because you are possibly acknowledging an intelligence at work or that you have asked a certain question which they get excited over.
Ask your pendulum or if you can accept an intelligence at work if this is so.
You could go on to ask if this ingelligence is earthly related to you, and so on.
Of course you could reply by saying you know most of what I`m saying, than I will put my tail between my legs and walk off, although others who may be looking in may be advantaged.
Good luck,
Arthur

thanks for your advice

Post by 007 »

Hi thanks for all your helpful advice
Is pendulum dowsing similar to the muscle testing that is sometimes used?
How would you reccomend wording the question you put to the pendulum when trying to determine if a course of action will be beneficial, I usually ask 'would I have something to gain by...' but it struck me that this may be a little ambiguous.
thanks from
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I realised 007 after my input that you may typify the James Bond character and that I may not have reached the other softer side of him.
Again, I can only speak from my experience and belief, but believe that dowsing is very similar to muscle testing ie:-
The thought request goes out to the ether and a reply comes back from an intelligence who connects with your mind with a programmed energy request. This request is using that part of your mind which you would normally use yourself with your own thinking. (A bit like the passenger in a car requesting to drive. From now on they drive and you are the passenger while some of the electrics and mechanical parts are being used.) This request than triggers the brain into action which in turn connects with the appropriate nerve to pull or slacken the appropriate arm muscle.
Could you dowse this and see if this is so, or if you get a different answer that could also be interesting?
I would suggest the wording be kept simple - at least to start with. I see nothing untoward in asking `would I have something to gain` but after you have asked or thought of the question. If you can work with your heart and less with the brain which sometimes wishes to analyse or put under a microscope so much the better. You can always put under a microscope later. I would suggest - just to treat the pendulum as if someone was right beside you ready to give you answers.
Some dowsers find responses come easier in the morning when their mind is more alert and away from any noisy disturbances.
You might like to try asking for a different source to get through to you as it seems the one you have gets too excitable.
Don`t be put off if it does not work straight away, it can take time.
I remember when my hand/arm stopped completely, and tried attaching a sling from my arm to the top of a door to see if I could start again. Thankfully movement came back gradually and I was able to continue.
I hope that helps 007.
Don`t forget others may be looking in with the same problems, so you will not be alone.
Good luck,
Arthur.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

FWIW, I think that Arthur’s theory is as good as any, and better than some! And there are other theories out there. Perhaps there are two extreme viewpoints – one is based on “ours is not to reason why” – i.e. it works and does it matter if we don’t know why it works? The other is – “we can only develop and learn if we understand and it is natural to want to understand and essential to good practice that we do”.

Perhaps we can benefit from trying to be like a young (and often annoying!) child who keeps questioning. To them the world is a place of unlimited potential, of wonderment and bewilderment: where they are not bound by culture, traditional scientific explanation and conventions. Keep looking at the world anew. Or perhaps we can benefit from reading and understanding Einstein, string theory, quantum physics/mechanics. Or both- surely they are not mutually exclusive….

Both viewpoints also can take a cliché such as “we are all connected” and examine it. Who is “we”? Is it all people? All living things maybe? What do we mean by “living thing”? And does it have to be living now? Not only when is it living - past, present, future – but where?

Once the door to such questioning and thinking is open, there can be no closing it. We can, indeed, learn from one another and from the natural world in general, but – ultimately – we are each alone, however connected we may be – and each have to find our own answers. Another cliche - but this is what makes the journey so fascinating and so worthwhile.

I would recommend reading TC Lethbridge, Lyall Watson and Rupert Sheldrake.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon