Russian Research Explains the Paranormal

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Russian Research Explains the Paranormal

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Esoteric and spiritual teachers have known for ages that our body is programmable by language, words and thought. This has now been scientifically proven and explained.
http://www.seri-worldwide.org/id141.html

Geoff

Edited by I.P. 3.9.08 - inserted a quote from the website to give some context
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: Russian Research Explains the Paranormal

Post by arthur hamlin »

All interesting stuff, but love is not mentioned so presume it is not part of the DNA make up.
Arthur
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

'Love is the sound of the universe at work'. Only humans have discovered a way to occasionally forget that, when they think it's something they have to get or create. So it's not particularly an attribute of DNA, or of humans, or of life. Whatever the universe does, that's love.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Very interesting stuff. When is the book coming out in English?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Dunno, Grahame. Barbara Prisbe (in Oregon) sent me the article so I have asked her if she can find out.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

I find this extrememly interesting as a book I am reading at the moment "Slave species of god" features this so called "Junk DNA"
Practice random acts of kindness
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

fostertom wrote:'Love is the sound of the universe at work'. Only humans have discovered a way to occasionally forget that, when they think it's something they have to get or create. So it's not particularly an attribute of DNA, or of humans, or of life. Whatever the universe does, that's love.
When in another country we get on better if we can speak the language.
So why is it not better understood that as the next world is reputed to be one of love we seek more diligently a means of contact and exchange with the sources/intelligencies beyond to obtain answers especially where health food and water are concerned?.
I believe that better contact such as an improved movement of the pendulum leading to movement without tools will give an improved range of informational feed back which will than enable those who have this ability to be in a better position to theorise/obtain answers as in the sophisticated technical debates we see/hear today.
So if love is the sound of the universe let this be picked up and permeate to those who wish to advance their dowsing skills first and than to tell us of their findings second.
Arthur
scepticallyspiritual

Post by scepticallyspiritual »

I'm sceptical about this. It sounds very interesting and I'm sure there are some gems of wisdom in there, but any blurb that tries to fit in so many uses of the words "science", "scientists", "scientifically" and "proven" into one article rings alarm bells with me. They go on to say that most people can't acheive their results because they don't have the right developments. Fair enough, but if it's not repeatable by a different lab, there is no way of independentally testing the credibility of their work, and can it really be called science then?

There also seems to be lots of "big scientific" words used that sound impressive, but I suspect that if I gave the article to a physicist to read they would pick many holes in it.

A few thoughts on their claims about DNA being a superconductor:
Firstly, they claim that superconductors transmit light, thus act as a storage device. I've not come across the notion that superconductors transmit light or how that allows storage before. True, I'm not a physicist or materials scientist, but it sounds very fishy to me.

If DNA is a superconductor, it must be well insulated within the cells, otherwise surely we would conduct any bit of elecrical energy that is around and would probably be fried and dead. If it is so well insulated, how does all this information like language or light get into the DNA to influence it in the first place?

According to a quick google, all superconductors repel magnetic fields. If this is the case surely this is easily modellable and measurable as changes in the magnetic field around a living entity.

Does DNA remain a superconductor after death? DNA still remains intact for a while after death. If the nature of DNA as a superconductor is one of the things that explains spiritual matters, then surely it stops superconducting upon death? What has changed to stop it superconduciting? Or does this mean that people can be brought back to life as long as their DNA isn't damaged?

Steph
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Steph

"Does DNA remain a superconductor after death? DNA still remains intact for a while after death. If the nature of DNA as a superconductor is one of the things that explains spiritual matters, then surely it stops superconducting upon death? What has changed to stop it superconduciting? Or does this mean that people can be brought back to life as long as their DNA isn't damaged ?"

I must say that I share your view about the 'scientific' aspect of the article but I do find the questions you have asked above most challenging so decided to do a bit of dowsing. This is what I got .....

Is DNA a superconductor ? - No, not in the scientific sense, but is does have the ability to retain certain metaphysical 'talents' that one acquires in past lives and these 'talents' are either immediately apparent in some children (like those who can see spirits) or are buried rather deeply and have to be re-vitalised, usually in various metaphysical workshops but only then if a person is 'called' strongly to do so. It must be remembered that there we have two kinds of DNA - that which is inherited from our present parents and that which we have acquired from all the parents we have had in our previous lives. The latter have been retained in our soul and have been added to by that of our present parents. We therefore carry a great dollop of DNA every time we are re-born, much of it affects the kinds of people we turn out to be and our characters.

This may not answer all you questions above, but I think it does make some of them irrelavant.

Geoff
Geoff

Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

What fascinates me the most about this is the following: Our bodies are these wonderful creations, our brain has seemingly unlimited potential, so why on earth would our 'Creator' create us with soooooo much of this "junk" DNA. It just doesn't make sense.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Satyr,

What I'm getting is that the junk DNA is that of our past life parents which does not contain any metaphysical abilities - those abilities are the only DNA that we retain in our immortal soul.

That does seem a bit odd to me, I must admit, but it is one explanation.

Geoff
Geoff

Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Hmmm, an interesting theory Geoff, but I'm afraid my logical side is not convinced by it. I can't believe that a 'Creator' who could create something with the complexity of a human (and lets not forget the rest of our universe and others out there in space), would let us have/contain something that is 'useless'. Not something of that nature anyway and not so much of it. I think there is way more to this than there seems to be.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

I take your point, Satyr, but when you think of it, as we have had some 600 (dowsed) incarnations, what is the point of retaining all the parental (1200 +) DNA that is of no use to us ?

May I bring to your attention the contents of Genesis ch1 v 26 - "And God said, Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness:" ....etc. Would that not imply that there was more than one Creator ? ? If so, was their DNA passed down to us as well ?

Or did the translators get it wrong,

Also, if our souls are immortal, do our souls have enough memory to keep that 1200 + amount of DNA and, if they do, what does a soul do with all that DNA ?

Geoff
Geoff

scepticallyspiritual

Post by scepticallyspiritual »

Geoff, I'm interested to know how you go about dowsing such an answer.... I thought you could only dowse "yes / no" answers.....

What do you mean by the DNA that is retained in our soul? Are you talking about something that you have labelled as "soul DNA" or are you talking about actual DNA - the molecules that programme our physical and chemical make-up? If the latter how does the soul-DNA manifest as physical DNA? And if this is the case, surely it should be measurable?

Satyr.... does there necessarily need to be a creator? Are you an advocate of creationism or intelligent design? I'm an evolutionist myself.

SS
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Steph (SS)

Ha ! I did dowse for yes and no answers but I only wrote down the answers not the questions.
e,g, I wrote "but is does have the ability to retain certain metaphysical 'talents' that one acquires in past lives". The question I asked was
'if DNA is not superconductive in the scientific sense, does it have the ability to retain certain metaphysical 'talents' that one acquires in past lives ? ' and the answer I got was 'YES'.

Soul-retained DNA ....Yes. it is what I have labelled as 'soul DNA' - but I understand that it's only DNA that we can make use of in present and future incarnations (if we care to do so) for the benefit of others. It is, I have dowsed, actual DNA, but it does not consist of the molecules that programme our physical and chemical makeup, that comes from our parents and obviously differs in each of our incarnations, (that particular DNA is the junk DNA) rather it's that DNA which enables us to dowse, to be clairvoyant, to communicate with other souls in the astral plane and those who have passed on, to be telepathic, rescue spirits - whatever metaphysical abilities you have acquired over hundreds of lifetimes. That 'soul DNA' is measurable only by the success of your metaphysical activities.

Geoff
Geoff