'Creationism' biologist quits job

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: 'Creationism' biologist quits job

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Presumably that's why thy were called apes because they aped humans.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Geoff: I have found that I have been either a shaman or a medicine man in 25 of my previous lives so my ability could be part of what I call my 'soul DNA'. I have dowsed that you have been in those same 'occupations' in 23 of your past lives so you would probably have a similar ability.
(on Sept 17th in another thread)
Geoff: I have no doubt that human souls evolve with each life they undergo otherwise we would probably still be hunter/gatherers or similar
(above)

I find this difficult to write :oops: , however -
while I am happy to believe the principle of reincarnation and individual soul evolution, I have a bit of a problem here. You see, the implication of what you have written seems to be either that it takes many many incarnations to evolve in just one specific (which I happen not to believe) or you- and the others you say have had many incarnations as shaman or whatever- are pretty crap at it and need dozens of lifetimes....again, an implication I cannot necessarily agree with. I suspect you did not intend to insult their skills and experiences....but maybe now that's how it comes across?
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
scepticallyspiritual

Post by scepticallyspiritual »

"I would still like to know why some humans regard apes etc., as our 'relatives' though."

Check out the wikipedia entry on "Apes" - subsection biology. (there are worryingly few references, but most of what I read rings bells from "human origins and diversity" lectures and biology and evolutionary biology classes). In short, a subgroup of apes (the great ape family) are biologically very similar to humans. The article also states that humans share a common ancestor with chimps and gorillas and that we diverged from chimps more recently than gorillas.

That is why apes are thought to be relatives. We share a comparatively recent common ancestor. Some people would argue that humans are apes.

SS
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Thanks for the reference, SS, the most relevant part would seem to be...

"The time of the split between humans and living apes used to be thought to have occurred 15 to 20 million years ago, or even up to 30 or 40 million years ago. Some apes occurring within that time period, such as Ramapithecus, used to be considered as hominins, and possible ancestors of humans. Later fossil finds indicated that Ramapithecus was more closely related to the orangutan, and new biochemical evidence indicated that the last common ancestor of humans and other hominins occurred between 5 and 10 million years ago, and probably in the lower end of that range."

Although I would agree that mankind and apes have similar characteristics I prefer to believe my dowsing - that the two species are in no way related. which seems more logical to me, Anyway, that article appears to contain a fair bit of guesswork.

Further dowsing gives that mankind first appeared on this planet some 90 million years ago to find apes already in residence. That would be a little diffiult to prove, of course, but it would be interesting to find if another dowser or three got the same answer.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
scepticallyspiritual

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Further dowsing gives that mankind first appeared on this planet some 90 million years ago to find apes already in residence. Geoff
Hmmm.... strikes me a unlikely I'm afraid as 90 million years ago was the late Cretaceous; Dinosaur time. Mammals existed at this time but were small and rodent-like. Mammals didn't radiate until after the K-T mass extinction around 65 million years ago, once a lot of the niches that the big reptiles occupied were available.

If mammals had evolved enough to get apes by 90 million years ago there would be some kind of fossil evidence of mammals other than little mice-like-things.

SS
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Doing a bit more dowsing, I find that the first race of mankind arrived here, what is now New Mexico, about 90 million years ago, found that conditions were not suitable for human settlement on this planet, so shoved off, sharpish !

There was a considerable gap before the next race, Negroid, arrived in South Africa about 5,600,000 years ago, followed by the Caucasoid in roughly 4,300,000, the Mongoloid in roughly 3,800,000, Polynesian in 3,600,000, and the Red Indian (they are not Mongoloid) in 3,400,000.

Apes, at the time of the dinosaurs were mainly confined to what is now South Africa and have survived there. I bet no one has ever looked for the fossil remains of apes in S,A.

Geoff
Geoff

Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

this just in from Mysterytopia...
Creationist issues $11 trillion challenge

A controversial creationist has offered a multitrillion-dollar challenge to scientists. Adnan Oktar's "call to all evolutionists" promises "10 trillion Turkish lira to anyone who produces a single intermediate-form fossil demonstrating evolution" - a sum roughly equal to $11.7 trillion.
CLICK HERE to read the article...

Ian
scepticallyspiritual

Geoff, how are all these different races related to each other then? Are they all from the same planet and share a common ancestor, just from elsewhere? What made the differences in their races where they originated?
Also, if they have the technology to travel to different planets, why did they stay put in their areas of origin without any technology? Why did they resort to using sticks and stones as tools and weapons, rather than using the abilities and technology they must have had to get here?

SS
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Geoff, (1) how are all these different races related to each other then? (2) Are they all from the same planet and share a common ancestor, just from elsewhere? (3)What made the differences in their races where they originated?
Also, if they have the technology to travel to different planets, (4) why did they stay put in their areas of origin without any technology? (5) Why did they resort to using sticks and stones as tools and weapons, rather than using the abilities and technology they must have had to get here?

Hi SS,

Let me emphasize that there is no way of proving what I’m going to write in answerto your questions but, as I assume you can dowse, you may like to check, with a neutral mind, its veracity. Replying to each of your 5 questions as best I can…..

(1 & 2)This is what I taped, typed and filed after visiting a friend of mine who is a trance Medium who was answering our questions :

(Geoff) May I ask if you know of any peoples called “The Clump” in the Sirius System.?

(Voice) "Again, it would be unfair to you, as humans, to call them a people. Those of you who came originally in the ships, came from far beyond Sirius. In those days, Sirius was a “stopping off point”, nothing more, as was Earth. It was not intended, originally that Earth should be invaded by anyone. As with many other technologies, in those early days, mistakes were made. If a ship were in trouble, then Earth, with its fine natural resources, was an excellent place to do repairs, and sometimes, those who visited the Earth were loath to leave for less hospitable climates. "

(Deoff) Surely, the majority of the original inhabitants of Sirius have now gone and only a few are left ?

(Voice) "Sirius, as you call it, had its own solar system and its own occupied planets but they became discontented with tremendously far-advanced technology."

(Geoff) Did they all go ?

(Voice) " No. Look at it this way, my friend, everyone on Earth has been a space traveller. This may seem difficult for you to comprehend when you consider that the atoms that make up a human being are all of a mineral originality. You have travelled through space and the elements of the body have memories. Memories of former existence cannot be destroyed, and the knowledge which the atoms contain is vast and can be accessed ."

(3) If you read the answers in 1 & 2 above it would seem that the races that came to this planet originated from different planets, presumably but not necessarily, in this galaxy, so there is no reason why, to my mind, their colour and ways of life should not be different.

(4 & 5) Because of the present accepted archaeological view we have been taught to believe that our ancestors used sticks and stones, which is probably true in some cases, but I have found that we are the 26th civilization that has existed on this planet. The other 25 either left or destroyed themselves in the 90 million years I mentioned. There is evidence of possible self- destruction in some of the deserts on this planet where the sand has been turned to glass probably as a result of nuclear explosions.

I think there is archaeological evidence of mankind’s ‘sticks and stones’ existence on this planet that stretches back about 4 million years and you would no doubt agree that in the last 300 years, the present civilization on this planet has expanded its scientific knowledge exponentially and has discovered (some might say ‘has been given’) electricity (among other things). What happened prior to 4 million years ago can only, at this stage, be guesswork but, if the 90 million years/ 25 previous civilization theory is correct there is an awful lot we don’t know.

Who knows what has been discovered that we have not been told about because it conflicts with accepted archaeological knowledge ?

Geoff

Edited by I.P. 6.10.08 - deleted duplicated text
Geoff

arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

(Voice) " No. Look at it this way, my friend, everyone on Earth has been a space traveller. This may seem difficult for you to comprehend when you consider that the atoms that make up a human being are all of a mineral originality. You have travelled through space and the elements of the body have memories. Memories of former existence cannot be destroyed, and the knowledge which the atoms contain is vast and can be accessed ."

My dowsing is saying it is the etheric version of the atom that carries the knowledge/memory.
Also, the memory of part of a former existence (As in Kashic Records) can be removed but not destroyed if they are harming the health of that persons present physical life.
Arthur.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Agreed, Arthur, especially if the memory consists of a past life trauma, held in the sub-consious mind, that affects a person's present life, but we are going a bit off-thread with this.

Geoff
Geoff