Jesus 'may have visited Britain'

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Jesus 'may have visited Britain'

Post by Helen-Healing »

A new film suggests Jesus may have come to Britain, as described in the hymn Jerusalem, its director said.

The documentary, And Did Those Feet, explores the story behind the legend which survives in the hymn, for which William Blake wrote the words.

The legend claims Jesus visited several places in the West Country, such as the Roseland peninsula and Glastonbury, with his uncle, Joseph of Arimathaea.
(link broken)

Read the comments.....here's the one I like...
It's a good job he didnt fly with ryan air, or it might not have been a cross he died on.
:lol:
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Jesus 'may have visited Britain'

Post by Helen-Healing »

And the Daily Mail picked it up today too.

New film.

Is that our Mike from Coventry posting a comment there?? :mrgreen:
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

A couple of related threads:

Joseph of Arimathea - (split from Dowsing-Act of God Or Man)

and

Christ in Britain

Looking at those comments it seems that those which are pro the hypothesis have been voted up whilst those which are anti have been voted down.

A similar system exists for Amazon reviews, the less popular your opinion the less "useful" or valid it is - apparently. Quite absurd.

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

The Rev. Gordon Strachan is an old friend, and this film seems to be based on his 2000 book Jesus The Master Builder: Druid Mysteries and the Dawn of Christianity.
I didn't know he was a Doctor now though - that seems to be a recent acquisition. Still, it will help to distinguish him from Gordon Strachan the footballer, which is no bad thing.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Further to Helen's comments - see

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/homepag ... ticle.html (link broken)

I attended his book launch at Dartington Hall in South Devon,
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Deege

Post by Deege »

Also Athur Hamlin wrote a great deal about this last year
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

We both did
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Thing is, I stopped because I was rambling on and believe I was boring and readers I thought were too polite to say anything.
My dowsing had got as far as the holy party returning back to the coast. I had dowsed all this before and was re telling about my responses. In short I was about to say that two in the party namely Thomas and the boatman went to east anglia by boat to get the raw tin smelted from the vast quantities of reed straw there used as fuel to obtain the temperatures required to smelt the tin out of the ore. The tin smelter just outside Glastonbury at Mere was not working. I was shown drawn down a smelter in east anglia with the bundles of reed straw tied together to be fed into the smelter at a place now called Burgh Castle near what is now Great Yarmouth where there was later a Roman Garrison built in approx 260 AD and very much visible today.

The rest of the party left Abbotsbury in a hired boat going along the south coast and calling in at various places, because tin was still required and because they would be waiting for the other boat to return from East Anglia so they could eventually join up and travel back to Tyre in the Holy Land.

I also picked up quite a bit of info and shown drawings of the dwelling of thatch built by Jesus for himself and Joseph and the first building used for prayer and named after his Mother Mary and situated in the the center of what is now the Abbey. Also the later demise of the Abbey by fire, and where items including the books etc were buried which I`m told were mostly rescued together with various artifacts .

This would have been a very brief description of what my dowsing was telling me but as no one was commenting except Geoff thought enough had been written and did not want to bore anyone.

If anyone wishes to dowse or comment on the above please do so.

Arthur
robert-egby

Post by robert-egby »

Hi, I have been trying to do a post -- twice -- including an extensive book list on the subject, on which I have lectured for almost 30 years, and each time I do a preview, the system tells me I do not have permission to access the document I have just written. Weird! Any ideas? I guess I should write the post out on Word, then paste it in...will try that later. Robert :shock:
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Perhaps it's copyrighted, Robert?

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :mrgreen:
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Arthur, I find it fascinating that reed straw was used to smelt tin. If ever we revert to simpler modes of existence such lost knowledge will be invaluable.

I'm getting agreement with most of your statements, but I differ on the Jesus bit. I'm getting that, yes, Joseph of Arimathea came to Britain, but not Jesus. Joseph came after the time of Jesus' alleged crucifiction but when I asked if Jesus was crucified in reality, I got a negative. I also got a negative when I asked if Jesus came to Europe as Henry Lincoln and co suggested in their famous book.

In one of his books, former Imperator of the Rosicrucians, H. Spencer Lewis states that after his alleged crucifiction Jesus spent the remainder of his life in a monastery at Mount Carmel where, after his death, his body "remained for several centuries". This dowses as correct - as does the question as to whether the body came to Europe. The body of Jesus is apparently still in Europe - at Rennes-le-Chateau - but was never in 'Poussin's tomb' as Lincoln and co surmised. A job for the map dowsers I think.
Vapour Trail
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Vapour Trail »

Hi there,

My rubbish two-penn'eth on this one. I was in Glastonbury this year dowsing on Wearyall Hill. I dowsed the "Holy Thorn" that Josepth was supposed to have planted. No joy on that score from my rods, I'm afraid. Put me off taking it further, really. Perhaps the iron cage has affected the response. However I admire the historical dowsing you've done Arthur. Sounds like you've spent a lot of time following that trail.

Regards,
vapour Trail.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

From what I gather, whenever Arthur and I discuss any subject, the information we receive comes from two separate sources, these sources being, usually, the soul memories of those who were present at the time of the events we investigate. We found that, in the case of Jesus's voyage to the UK with his uncle Joseph, we were each linked to one of two of the people on that boat who described what they remembered about certain events and incidents but sometimes their recollections of certain incidents did not correspond which left Arthur and I unsure as to who was right. It turned out that my source was not always with the person who was with Arthur and may therefore have repeated something he (my source) had been told by someone else, in other words second hand, or possibly third hand, rather than first hand knowledge.

I think there is always the possibility, when dowsing, that information received from a source can sometimes be second or third hand and might therefore conflict with info received by dowsers who have other sources, That, of course, leads to what a source believes to be true. If you think about it, we often believe something to be true because it sounds right or logical enough to be true so our respective sources would probably think the same way. There is one way to check the info you get and that is to ask either ‘were you actually there/?’ or ‘did someone tell you that ?

Going sideways for a moment, Vapour Trail, you quote the following in your blog about Arbor Low, …

“After the death of Uther Pendragon, the leaders of the Britons assembled from their various provinces in the town of Silchester and there suggested to Dubricus, the archbishop of the City Of The Legions, that as their King he should crown Arthur, son of Uther. He called the other bishops to him and bestowed the crown of the kingdom upon Arthur. Arthur was a young man only fifteen years old …” (from ‘History of the Kings of Britain’ by Geoffrey of Monmouth).

I got in touch with ‘Geoffrey of Monmouth’ (or rather his soul memory) and asked (dowsed) whether he knew that to be true. He said that he did not believe it to be true and could not confirm it. He also said that the info in his book History of the Kings of Britain’ was translated by him from scrolls written in Latin that he found way down below the Abbey at Strata Florida. Another example of someone obtaining knowledge from elsewhere rather than first hand.

I taped interviews I had in 2000 with ‘Geoffrey of Monmouth’ through a Trance Medium friend of mine, typed them into a word file that I have on my computer if anyone is interested.
Geoff

robert-egby

Post by robert-egby »

Hi, nil desperandum as they say. The subject is very interesting to me. Almost thirty years ago I trekked around Glastonbury, the Mendips, the Cornish tin mines, St. Just in Roseland, and picked up the Great Dragon Line at St. Michael's Mount and followed it back to Glastonbury. I worked with my camera, L-rods and pendulum and created a two-hour color slide and lecture show which I showed on the east coast, Vancouver and Seattle and points in between about twenty times, and again in New Jersey. Since I moved to upstate New York its stayed in a box, in spite of the fact I have a promo on my website at www.robert-egby.com (link broken) and click on 'Glastonbury Abbey: A Special Place.' I collected a whole pile of books associated with the Jesus and Joseph story. For those interested, they are:
  • The New View over Atlantis by John Michel (Harper and Row) 1969
    New Light on the Ancient Mystery of Glastonbury by John Michel (Gothic Image) 1990
    King Arthur's Avalon by Geoffrey Ashe (London) 1957
    The Gate of Remembrance by Frederich Bligh Bond (Oxford) 1918
    The Company of Avalon by Frederick Bligh Bond (Oxford) 1924
    Avalon of the Heart by Dion Fortune 1938, revised 1986
    St. Joseph of Arimathea at Glastonbury by Rev. L.S. Lewis 1922, enlarged 1937
    A Guide to Glastonbury's Temple of the Stars, by K. E. Maltwood (London) 1929
    The Glastonbury Zodiac by Mary Caine 1978
    The Ley Hunter's Companion by Paul Devereux & Ian Thompson (Thames Publishing) 1979
    The Drama of the Lost Disciples by George F. Jowett (Covenant Publishing) 1978
It was this last book that started me on the Glastonbury-Jesus quest. Jowett's research was extensive, even quoting a confirmation of St. Joseph by Vatican Librarian Cardinal Baronius who lived in the 15th century. I always close my show with the choir singing 'Jerusalem' ' And did those feet etc.
Cheers. Robert
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Geoff and Arthur, my source is now telling me the opposite about Jesus coming to the British Isles. When I dowsed the reasons, I found he'd deliberately deceived me - strategically so I couldn't double check. At least that's what he's telling me now. As deceiving me is not what one does without the precautionary addition of a titanium cod piece, I can only assume he's playing to some psychological weakness. I will from now on 'wind my neck in' and stick to safer subjects (if I can resist the temptation).

Geoff, I'd like a copy of your interview with Geoffrey of Monmouth, please.