Haunted House in Cornwall with hidden mining vault

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Haunted House in Cornwall with hidden mining vault

Post by Grahame »

From Cornwall Live...
Cornwall Live" wrote:Haunted house in Cornwall with a hidden mining vault

Since the new owner moved in there have been a series of 'spooky coincidences'

A house which is believed to be haunted has unveiled its mining secrets to its owner in a series of “spooky coincidences”.

Rupert Ellis bought the house in Basset Street, Camborne, a couple of years ago and at that point had no idea of the wealth of hidden local history within its walls.

The owner of popular coffee bar Espressini in Falmouth, Rupert said: “Because of my love of history and a background in archaeology I’m obsessed by the process of putting the features back into the house and discovering hidden treasures.

"I’m in the firm belief that this house chose me and not the other way round. There have been some very spooky coincidences!”

He was unaware when he moved in that the house – which was built by the famous Basset family around 1832 – was the former head office of the Tehidy Minerals Company.

One of the most striking parts of the house that Rupert has unearthed is a mining vault. He believes he may have been ‘helped’ to discover it in an unusual way.
Click Here for full story.
“About three or four months ago I had an incident with the lights switching on and off. It’s not the first time that things have happened in the house – there are certain things where I think, I can’t explain that.

“When I first moved in there was all manner of banging going on. I do get woken up at a certain time each night as well. A friend stayed here who claimed to hear footsteps. There have been some unexplainable scenarios.
Sounds like the 'Knockers' are wanting a word!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Haunted House in Cornwall with hidden mining vault

Post by mike »

MOST interesting story here Grahame, and so I stuck my nose in to look around,as you do. This Basset Street has two features which stick out right away dowsing here, while the newspaper report mentions no address direct I know which house it is from the picture included in the report. Thats because the vault shown in the two photos have a strong energy Ley below the door, and only two houses can have this influence, with both houses at the west end of Bassets Street.The one house has two powerful energy Leys within it, while the other house has the single north to south Ley passing through, which makes me believe the house involved is at the west/south side of Bassets Street. Further down Bassets Street two house perhaps three are involved with a water spring some 40 feet down passing under their homes which might offer some influence of sorts, number 24 has the influence passing right where the front door is, while house 15 and the next door share the water spring between their houses.....I call Leys energy Leys as I find Leys do offer an influence you can find and follow miles across the country,if they had no power or energy how else can you find them. And the fact each ancient site has Leys different in value to each other, they must I believe offer a different frequency to those around them ? If I upset anyone calling energy Leys Leys Im sorry, but in the end does it really matter how or why you can dowse and follow them, as long as you can.....Just found out Colin Fry has passed away, I always was happy to watch Colin on TV doing his work contacting those who had passed over, he had a gift for sure. R I P Colin .