DVD Review - Diverse Dowsing

Post here about any dowsing-related movies or DVDs of interest. You can also post links to online dowsing videos.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

DVD Review - Diverse Dowsing

Post by Ian Pegler »

Below is my review of Hamish Miller's DVD Diverse Dowsing

In the past Hamish Miller has authored/co-authored many books on dowsing, the best known being "The Sun and the Serpent" in which he explored the Earth Energies associated with John Michell's "St. Michael" alignment which runs across the South of England. In more recent years he has produced video-films and DVDs including "The Spirit of the Serpent" and more recently this new DVD, "Diverse Dowsing".

This DVD is a fascinating introduction into the world of dowsing, commonly called water-divining, but as Hamish points out, dowsing is used to find many things and not just for water. Hamish talks about the history of dowsing and its introduction into the U.K. He demonstrates a variety of dowsing devices and explains basic techniques, including the basic yes/no response, searching, direction dowsing, dowsing for depth using "Bishop's Rule" and "Bracketing" and so on.

The DVD has other sections including a feature on the British Society of Dowsers which is open to anyone with a bona fide interest in dowsing. There is also a concentration exercise, and a preview of another DVD produced by Tim Walters called "Where the Path Leads".

The DVD also features contributions from professional dowsers such as Daphne Adams who has successfully dowsed for missing pets, Health Dowser Val Johnson, Archaeology dowser Sue Brown, Water-diviner Ralph Wilkins and Remote-Viewing expert Professor Peter Stewart DSc. Not mentioned on the cover is the brief appearance by Aaron Bray, a young dowser in his 20s who has his own drilling rig and drills bore-holes for a living, claiming a 93 percent success-rate with dowsing.

This is a great production. If you're new to dowsing it will open your eyes; if you've been dowsing for some time it will revivify your enthusiasm. The only thing is that there is just so much to take in, it can feel like "information overload" towards the end. I would suggest buying Hamish Miller's book "The Definitive Wee Book on Dowsing: A Journey Beyond Our Five Senses" as an accompaniment to this DVD, especially if you are a beginner.

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

Both the DVD and the Definitive Wee Book are available from the BSD.

Ideal Xmas gifts...;)

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: DVD Review - Diverse Dowsing

Post by Helen-Healing »

I would love to be revivified! :mrgreen: Pity I don't have a DVD player.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote:Pity I don't have a DVD player.

Another ideal Xmas gift... :mrgreen:

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

There are now several videos of Hamish available on YouTube, most courtesy of Tim Walters.

Hre's the introduction from 'Diverse Dowsing':
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.