Questions on geopathic stress

Issues concerning sick houses and unhealthy earth energies.
scepticallyspiritual

Questions on geopathic stress

Post by scepticallyspiritual »

Someone recently suggested geopathic stress as a cause of low-level chronic fatigue. I've heard of this before and never been convinced by it, so I've just had another read around the subject and have identified some problems I'd like to discuss (and subsequently been pointed to this forum).

Geopathic stress is based on the notion that humans have evolved to live in the Earth's electromagnetic field, so when this field is disturbed, by either natural or man-made means, it doesn't react well with the human body and causes illness (have I understood this correctly?).

Problem is, the Earth's magnetic field (thus electromagnetic field) is constantly changing. So it seems unlikely that human's have evolved to live in a stationary electromagnetic field and will become ill if it changes. The closest scenario I can envisage is that each individual human body adapts to the electromagnetic field it grows in, and becomes ill when the field changes. However, if this were the case, surely people would only become ill from geopathic stress if they moved from where they grew up, or the electromagnetic field of the area changed (e.g. from human intervention).

I can't argue with the notion that there is some as-yet scientifically undetectable earth-energy that can be detrimental as there is no evidence against it (although I'm sceptical about any evidence for it) but what is the mechanism? What is the source of this energy? is it actually energy or is it something that has just been labelled "energy" because we don't have an appropriate term for it? Where does it come from? what does it do? How does it change?

Finally, I've read that geopathic stress can be high in areas where you have a change in geological structure. What is the mechanism for this? potential water pathways? something else? And are volcanoes supposed to be geopathicall good or bad?

Thanks
SS
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Questions on geopathic stress

Post by Grahame »

Hi SS;

Some very good questions there. I wish we had some quick answers for you!
scepticallyspiritual wrote:Geopathic stress is based on the notion that humans have evolved to live in the Earth's electromagnetic field, so when this field is disturbed, by either natural or man-made means, it doesn't react well with the human body and causes illness
Not entirely. Disturbances in the EM field are certainly a part of the picture, but generally it's thought that there are several other factors that we don't yet fully understand going on as well, such as underground water, man-made EM pollution, localised magnetic anomalies, Radon gas buildup, poor light and air quality, disturbances in Schumann resonance, and a whole range of earth energies like leys, grids and so forth.
I can't argue with the notion that there is some as-yet scientifically undetectable earth-energy that can be detrimental as there is no evidence against it (although I'm sceptical about any evidence for it) but what is the mechanism? What is the source of this energy? is it actually energy or is it something that has just been labelled "energy" because we don't have an appropriate term for it? Where does it come from? what does it do? How does it change?
In order: we don't really know; the Earth and possibly planetary interactions in the Earth-Moon-Sun system and/or other planets; probably; see answer 2; it causes GS when humans spend a long time in contact with these energies; we know some of the energies are affected by orbital mechanics, e.g. some lines shrink or disappear at night, at equinoxes, solstices and eclipses, but we don't fully understand why.
But if we knew the answers to those questions, then dowsing would be an accepted and recognised branch of science, which (in the UK and America at least) it clearly is not.
geopathic stress can be high in areas where you have a change in geological structure. What is the mechanism for this? potential water pathways? something else? And are volcanoes supposed to be geopathically good or bad?
Faults in the rock carrying water seem to be the main problem. I can't comment on volcanoes; I don't know if much research has been done in that area.
Richard Creightmore has written an excellent article on GS that pretty well sums up the current state of thinking on the subject: here. You may find it helpful.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

I'd just add a few other notions on this. First of all, humans have a blind spot about electro-magnetic phenomena. Even physicists theorizing about neutrinos and the Higgs boson utilize indirect electromagnetic sensing to find them. Skepticism about as-yet-undiscovered energies is common but it can easily cloud your thinking. This is especially true if you suddenly find that you can detect other energies, change their course, and improve people's health (or change animal behavior) by doing so. There are a number of energies radiating upward, downward, and across the surface of the Earth that don't typically make it into the popular press, but that doesn't stop physicists from studying them using available instruments. And it certainly doesn't stop the engineers working for oil and mineral extraction interests from doing more research, in hopes of finding more buried wealth.
Secondly, humans have always been exposed to both harmful and helpful energies, and we've probably lost most of our ability to notice them due to all of the distractions of becoming "modern". In the past when we were all more nomadic, if an area we slept in made us feel sick, we would simply move, possibly even the next day, perhaps following the "herds". Now we settle in a house and tend to stay much longer, whatever the health outcome, and chalk it up to bad luck, germ exposure, or exposure to other environmental toxins when we get sick. Is this less superstitious than referring to unseen energies?
When dowsers first started to tell people that their bed locations were making them ill, there were a number of cures. You could travel to a spa until you recovered, you could just move your bed, or you could simply move away entirely. Since certain houses/locations are found over stable geological formations that can turn an otherwise benign, upwardly radiating energy into something "geopathic", some of us who still can detect these things take on the responsibility of redirecting them into more people-friendly pathways. Most of my clents like their bed and their house situated right where they are, thank you.
If we refuse to accept evidence for which there is no known mechanism or theoretical model, we run the risk of turning the scientific process on it's head, ignoring what displeases us at the time. Once you are able to detect, locate, and move otherwise unseen energies and can predict the outcome of doing so, what was previously based on belief becomes fact, independent of other's beliefs. Important discoveries often start with an individual, move on to a like-minded group, and eventually become generally accepted. In the case of Earth Energies, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen in my lifetime!
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I first got interested with clearing Black Water Lines when 35 people in the village of Wishaw caught cancer in one form or another, and its JUST down the road from me, so a place I could visit and research.And while it took some time a work out what was wrong there, I managed to clear and return the area to what it once was, a happy place Im sure. I spoke with the lady who was fighting against the local phone mast as the cause of all this trouble, but she never understood my dowsing research of the problem as I saw it.Anyway I cleared the entire area and all around for that matter, AND to my knowledge no new cases of cancer are now reported there, its all about nine feet boxes where free radicals rise at each corner while you sleep at night perhaps over these positions.Moving your bed does work, and placing thick blue plastic sheeting under your bed works as well, but removing/reducing the influence of this bad earth force works much better,houses where I know cancer sufferes live I visit and clear where there are bad lines.The Department Of Health does not understand BWLines and the causes of cancer at these locations, so I just carry on clearing where I know problems exist, and am pleased the Government now says the cancer cases are dropping in the UK, its less than one in three people will suffer some form of cancer in their lifetime.So dowsers do have something to shout about, not that science or the Government will pat you on the head, not till they teach dowsing at Cambridge and Oxford, and understand its uses better. 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

SOMETHING of a worry is the fact that at least three people have died on th roads at Black Water Lines that I have reduced in the last month, like the paths can still reek havoc even at one ninth their normal power...Might be a case of having to remove the path complete, so as to remove this evil influence, as reducing the force does NOT seem to be the answer....Only noticed this in the last month, and not all the same path is involved around Coventry, and its NOT the time for changes yet to take place in the four year cycle of Ley/Earth Force change.That date being December third folks, check any local ancient site or active site where you know earth forces exist there, go out and count and record them, THEN return after December 4th please and re-check, you should notice a difference....Dont ask why the change then, tried with many scientific people and they dont have a clue as to WHY, so just know it happens, and we can work out why later :mrgreen:
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Just wondering if you have a theory what causes the so called black water lines.
Have you checked to see if there is anything at a deeper level interacting with these streams such as Iron ore deposits?
Very often I feel that energies rising from the core of the earth will interact with an iron deposit and than the changed energies continue upwards to affect what lies above.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Arthur,
No I havent checked or looked for problems under the path of the BWLines, but I will now, I was wondering if other folk had noticed people being killed on the roads at linked BWLine positions, as I imagine its a world wide thing and not just local to Coventry..My computer has been down for a while so I havent posted for a couple of weeks here, but Im back as they say, and will read the posts again with interest..
Margaret

Further Question on geopathic stress

Post by Margaret »

Hi,
I only became aware of this website very recently from a friend in the UK and have just sent an e-mail to a BSD professional dowser to arrange an appointment. However in the meantime, as I am really concerned, I would like to obtain your views of the machines on the market costing around £350 each - Do members think that they are effective in combating the effects of geopathic stress?. I have been told that there are four intersecting lines in my house and am very concerned as both my son and I are suffering ill-health. While I have moved beds and seats as a temporary measure, the house no longer functions well as some rooms have become completely unusable. One person suggested that even if I purchased two such machines that they would not work as they would not operate on the required frequency. Another suggested that if I get the energy cleared in the house, that the clearing may not be permanent and I would not know this until someone becomes ill again. Another suggested that I should use black refuse sacks under the mattresses changing them weekly.

I am really sorry if my questions appear stupid but I have really been thrown by this, I have no prior knowledge and just want to get back to feeling safe in my house. I really would appreciat any help in the meantime. Thank you so much. :?:
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Margaret,

Don't bother with machines. Just read mu e-mail to you.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

I have no idea what Geoff's email says- but I'd agree about not spending that money!
A competent professional dowser should be able to advise/help you. You have done the right thing by contacting BSD...and by questioning via this forum. Unfortunately, as we all know, there are charlatans, cowboys, rip-off merchants, con men/women out there who will try to take advantage of someone who "has been thrown by this." There are also those who have the good will, but not necessarily the skill & experience.
BSD office should be able to advise.

Good luck!!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon