What is the nature of "Geopathic Stress" ?

Issues concerning sick houses and unhealthy earth energies.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Re: What is the nature of "Geopathic Stress" ?

Post by BobD »

Sorry about going off-topic, Geoff. I only mentioned it because of questions posed and because it's so common and stress-related, just like geopathics. Also, since there are well-meaning folks out to sell units or techniques that supposedly "cure" both there is at least a perception that they are closely related.
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

O.K., back to topic. While we probably can't reliably look the question directly in the eye and answer it, we can at least get some hints from procedures we use and experiments we've done.

For instance, Geoff mentions using intent to move geopathics and technopathics up and over a building. The American dowser Slim Spurling used a similar technique but he employed "staple-shaped" welding rods placed in the geopathic pathway. When I tested the method, using various types of metal rods and various types of earth energies, I found that only a few alloys worked at all, and then on only a couple of energy types. But the energies did indeed move both upward and downward.

When I got Geoff's help to work on a couple of remote remediation jobs, one in Capetown and one in Spain, and he used intent to move the energies over the buildings, the results were positive. But when I later remotely dowsed them I found the energies traveling around the buildings, bunched in a narrow pathway, rather than up and over. They were carefully positioned to avoid nearby buildings, just as I do when using L-rods to physically attempt the same.

Apparently I'm not a dowser (
I find that all dowsers have the ability to carry out these tasks.
), since I seem unsuitable to the task of using intention to do this, but science is built on results and prediction. My results using physical methods have been successful and, thanks to doing my experimental work using non-human animal behavior, which side-steps the belief/unbelief systems of human expectation, also predictive of the subsequent outcomes.

So I become of two minds:
A) when the intent is good and the results are good, why question it? (quoted from a nun at a Catholic retreat center reacting to a question posed to me by a self-identified religious person about whether my methods weren't perhaps Satanistic).
B) without great specificity, carefully designed experiments that cut out any fuzzy variables, loads of data, and theories to test we can't reliably proceed to really learn anything.
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Bob,

Thank you for checking on what happened to GS lines in Stain and Capetown. I did the same after reading your post and you were absolutely right – I can only surmise that, before I tried to move the energies, someone else did so meaning that the lines did not need to be moved as they did not penetrate any building.

You wrote “Apparently I'm not a dowser “ and “since I seem unsuitable to the task of using intention”. I would disagree with you very strongly on both counts because I have dowsed that you can do both. May I humbly suggest that , when you do your experiments, try to keep as neutral a mind as p0ssible and don’t concern yourself too much with the scientific aspects. You never know what might turn up.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

Thanks for that, Geoff. Still don't think I'm able, not for lack of trying.

In regards to Grahame's mention of the differences seen between physical and more subtle energetic representations of the same energy source, I had started a post about that not too long ago at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3900. It mostly dealt with the differences between what a clairvoyant could see around a human and what I could detect using dowsing for both physical and energetic manifestations of the same layers. This brings to mind the fact that the American dowser I mentioned (who was mainly a blacksmith and welder, and later a builder of energy remediation appliances) used local clairvoyants and psychics to verify both his energy dowsing data and the efficacy of his products.

Since Geoff mentions "keeping a neutral mind", I often wonder how neutral we can be when using our own methods to check our own work. The "scientific aspects" are simply a matter of achieving predictable results from the test of a theory. For instance, if a client's health doesn't improve after removing a noxious energy pathway, or if a rabbit/deer/sheep/cow doesn't alter its path because I shift the energy pathway it normally follows, then it may be time for a new theory or a new technique.

Having a clairvoyant check my work might be helpful but it introduces a proxy data source. For instance, checking EMF with a meter is using data based on the reaction of certain electronic components, specific circuitry to calculate and display the results, and hopefully some careful calibration work by the device's manufacturer. It doesn't DIRECTLY measure a magnetic field just as I don't do so DIRECTLY using a dowsing rod. Confounding factors exist for both methods, so the only true test of accuracy is the predictive capacity, the result of real-world testing. In other words, don't tell me what you believe, or even what you know, but show me what you can prove and predict.

"Science" is nothing more than a fancy name for the former term, "Natural Philosophy", now with a supposedly rigorous method behind it. In the real world that method is often found greatly lacking, but I do aim for greater precision than simply stating what data I find as "fact".
Last edited by Grahame on Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Keeping a “neutral mind” in my book is not dowsing what you believe to be true because you will invariably get a “Yes” answer, and it's not easy to do.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Don't know and don't care.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

I can relate, Simon. Pursuing the "nature" of anything really means pursuing how you know what you know. One of my college philosophy courses covered epistemology, and I still have to use every trick of logic I know and a list of common errors in scientific method to even partly figure anything out.
fostertom
Beginner
Beginner

Post by fostertom »

tightwines wrote:
This dowser here, Joey Korn, seems to love them [EMFs]:

http://www.dowsers.com/wp-content/uploa ... ields1.pdf

A bit too much like Billy Graham for some, but interesting.
Yes, that's very interesting.

Some people seem to be unaffected by the many novel or increasing environmental threats of modern life.
Some, like me, can detect the reality of subtle things like earth energy lines, geopathic stress lines and I'm sure lots more when I 'put my mind' to it - but also seem to be unaffected.
Others are seriously affected by several of such things.

What's the difference between those who are affected and those who apparently aren't? Note that awareness (or denial) of the reality of such phenomena doesn't explain the difference in affect.
Is it that everyone is affected but some are too robust in health, or too youthfully busy to presently notice effects that will hit them later?
Or is it that some really are immune, or have some conscious or unconscious way of protecting themselves?

My feeling is that the modern world is going to get more and more unstoppably 'modern', in ways that we (arguably) benefit from, but also many of us dread.
Maybe we'd better look out for ways to 'get used to it', so we can relax and 'get a life' in the modernising world.
Maybe we need less of a mentality of Protection, more of Adaption.

Immunity is just that - a capability to adapt and transmute, on-the-fly, whatever comes. Threats are nothing new - Immune systems heve been handling novel 'threats' (such that 'threat' is a poor word for it) since the year dot. It's true that new 'threats' are appearing so fast nowadays - (chemical pollution, bad foods, suspect GMOs, EMF smog, strengthening of age-old Geopathic effects etc) that Immunity is struggling to keep up.

The 'Blessings' article linked to sounds like an excellent 'get used to it', 'relax', get a life' approach.
Another approach is something like homeopathic, or 'resonance medcine' in general - which is the end are just ways to remind, assist and co-operate with our own immune system, to handle the 'threat', when it may have lost the plot or need some help.

Conscious Intent is a vital part of 'resonance medecine' - and another way of saying that is Blessing', or naming the game, consciously offering and inviting co-operation with our inner parts.

So I wouldn't tar a 'Blessing' approach a 'Billy Graham' brush (who was/is a dubious character). I'd ask myself - do I want to live in fear and Protection, or in confident, relaxed Immunity?
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

Really good points to consider! I always remind clients that any stressful exposure (geopathic, EMF, mold, chemicals, etc) is modulated by intensity, the number of stressors, the client's inherent sensitivity to the stressor(s), their proximity to it/them, and the duration of exposure. And many stress vectors are cumulative, treating you like the frog in the pot being slowly brought up to a boil. And you bring up the notion of external stresses versus internal ones. I can't claim to be immune from these exposures and I'd never tell a client, who is clearly being both exposed and affected, that it's all in their attitude and they simply need to "buck up". But it's equally true that it's far better to deal with the source of stress than to worry about it. That's why I do what I do.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

And by the way, Geoff, after successfully using intent alone (along with a printed Google Map of the building to really understand what I am dealing with and how it might affect neighboring dwellings) on nearly a dozen homes I can admit that you were correct all along. I can never adequately explain to a client how this whole process works. From energy detection, to location, to quantification and qualification of the energy, then identification, remote sensing, mapping, and the onsite or remote remediation it's all a mystery in a big black box. But I keep poking holes into the process and getting a tantalizing glimpse.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Bob. Because I have written several posts on this subject, perhaps you could let me know in what respects you consider I was eight all along about. It’s all in the mind you know 🤩
Geoff

BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

You were correct that I was indeed able to use intention alone to divert geopathic energies around a building. It did take some practice tries, though. But as with everything else, practice makes perfect. Thanks for your faith in me!